Widgets Magazine

Thread: Local diamond broker?

Default Local diamond broker?

Not for me!

A good friend is shopping for an engagement ring and lots of my friends here in Los Angeles use diamond brokers rather than a traditional jewelry store.

Looking for a good, reputable person in the OKC area, even if that means paying a bit more.

TIA.

Default Re: Local diamond broker?

"Asking for a friend!"

Uh huh! :P

For something unique, the owner of Antique Avenue, on Western, is a fully licensed jeweler. He stocks antique pieces that he refurbishes and a few he disigned. His engagement ring selection is very impressive, and he's a very honest, reputable guy.

I've also had good luck with Mitchner and Ferrand. I had a custom cocktail ring made for my wife last year. It's first rate craftsmanship.

I don't think OKC has a true wholesale broker. Israel Diamonds in Tulsa is well known and advertises a lot here in OKC; it's who we used and price savings were worth the drive.

5. Default Re: Local diamond broker?

Same here. We went to Israel Diamonds as well...My wife LOVED their rings much much more than anything we found around OKC. I loved the fact that I got twice the diamond (with better cut/clarity/etc to boot) for the same money as most places in OKC were asking, and it was set in a ring that wasn't mass produced. I'm not exaggerating on the diamond size and quality either. It was seriously twice the size and better quality for roughly the same price as what we found here. Much nicer staff as well. I didn't want to drive to Tulsa, but she insisted on it, due to many referrals from her friends. I'm glad I made the trip...So is she. 5 years on and she still stares at her rock.

yep same with us, we got a better grade and size for the same budget.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I don't think OKC has a true wholesale broker. Israel Diamonds in Tulsa is well known and advertises a lot here in OKC; it's who we used and price savings were worth the drive.
    Yes OKC does, just can't remember his name. He offices up by QSM. I have relatives who've bought large stones from them. If someone really wants to know, please post and I'll find out and post who it is.

Yes, I would really like to know. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaboo View Post
    Yes OKC does, just can't remember his name. He offices up by QSM. I have relatives who've bought large stones from them. If someone really wants to know, please post and I'll find out and post who it is.
    Direct Diamond???

Israel Diamonds in Tulsa. Don't waste your time anywhere else.

Bill Pierce with Custom Design Metals is great! He offices out of his home in Edmond and orders direct from wholesalers and provides a great product at a fraction of the cost of retail. I designed my wife's ring from scratch and the diamonds were ordered from Blue Nile so they comes with warranties and I can always trade-up at a later time. Most of the jewelry stores around the metro actually use Bill Pierce for jewelry repairs. I spent $4,500 on the ring and it appraises for over $10,000. His number is 405-359-1313.

nm

isreals in tulsa BY FARRRRRR the best price. i just got engaged last month. scouted out places for 2 months and this was the best deal hands down

The guy you want to see... Michael Bay Estate Buyer...Deals in diamonds and other jewels, gold etc. Have had many friends buy from him. Best deal in the city and way more bang for you buck than a jewelry store. He is located on Western in the building behind Earl's BBQ. I know he is by appointment only.

Thanks so much for all the great recommendations.

My buddy went to Israel's in Tulsa and bought a great ring for about half what BC Clark was charging, even including their seasonal sale.

Was very pleased with every aspect, including customer service, inventory, etc.

16. Default Re: Local diamond broker?

Great!

I was pretty impressed with them. And my wife has a one of a kind ring with a high quality stone. After 5 years she still stares at it and says how much she likes it.

...wish she still did that with me lol

Quote Originally Posted by BoomerSooner06 View Post
    Bill Pierce with Custom Design Metals is great! He offices out of his home in Edmond and orders direct from wholesalers and provides a great product at a fraction of the cost of retail. I designed my wife's ring from scratch and the diamonds were ordered from Blue Nile so they comes with warranties and I can always trade-up at a later time. Most of the jewelry stores around the metro actually use Bill Pierce for jewelry repairs. I spent $4,500 on the ring and it appraises for over $10,000. His number is 405-359-1313.
    Ditto. I have referred Bill a TON of business! Great guy too!

Thread Information