Widgets Magazine

Thread: Biggest needs in our city

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ChristianConservative Guest

Default Re: Biggest needs in our city

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    So the hourly pay should be the sole factor in deciding which companies to go after?...Was there better companies lined up at the door that would be better suited for bricktown?
    I'd rather take Tulsa's strategy: demand better. If this were Tulsa they would've voted down Bass Pro, and waited out for a better plan. In OKC we are too much in a hurry, and this results in second class developments.

I still haven't figured out why we the taxpayers thought it was a good idea to give money to Hogan to build luxury offices on Lake Hefner for the wealthy business owners. I bet the owners of the building where my corp. leases space would've liked a free hand out.

2. Default Re: Biggest needs in our city

That's a pretty good list, Conservative. I especially like the beautification which is rarely considered important. Making this city LOOK like a city with distinctive architecture and scenery is crucial. We must accept the fact that we were built on the southern plains and our natural "beauty" is not one of our assets. Too many people come here and have nice things to say, but also add, "It's not much to look at though." (Or some variation thereof.)

------------

So there isn't any room now for a "better" company to come into Bricktown?...Why not bring in Bass Pro along with others...Not that OKC doled out their only available money to Bass Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    So there isn't any room now for a "better" company to come into Bricktown?...Why not bring in Bass Pro along with others...Not that OKC doled out their only available money to Bass Pro
    So do you want to invte Wal-Mart to build next door to Bass Pro? A big box retailer is a big box retailer. Bass Pro is nothing more than a big box subruban retail store located in the middle of what's supposed to be an urban downtown district. A complete waste of the MAPS Use Tax Money IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by writerranger View Post
    That's a pretty good list, Conservative. I especially like the beautification which is rarely considered important. Making this city LOOK like a city with distinctive architecture and scenery is crucial. We must accept the fact that we were built on the southern plains and our natural "beauty" is not one of our assets. Too many people come here and have nice things to say, but also add, "It's not much to look at though." (Or some variation thereof.)

------------
    You'd be surprised how much corporations look at city beautification when they consider locating in a town. One of the reasons my corporation chose Oklahoma City over Dallas was due to the litter problems in Dallas. Of course, that wasn't near the top of our list, but it was still considered.

Thread Information