Widgets Magazine

Thread: Costco Email Response Re: Oklahoma City

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Costco Email Response Re: Oklahoma City

What you're alleging seems to be that Costco cannot compete because Sam's is a Wal-Mart company. Is that right?

If so, explain how it couldn't compete here, but manages to do so just fine elsewhere?

FYI-Costco will be opening a location in Omaha (122nd and Dodge St area) in 2007..And there are several Sam's Club locations in metro Omaha..

I guess I don't understand how Omaha falls within an approved demographic commensurate with a location opening..While Oklahoma City dosen't?..

Very Puzzling..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha Cowboy
    FYI-Costco will be opening a location in Omaha (122nd and Dodge St area) in 2007..And there are several Sam's Club locations in metro Omaha..

I guess I don't understand how Omaha falls within an approved demographic commensurate with a location opening..While Oklahoma City dosen't?..

Very Puzzling..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace
    This is the case all over the country apparently. Sam's and Costco are competing for the same customers. What Costco is telling OKC is that they don't even want to try and compete.

I know that two years ago Costco was in Tulsa looking for a site off of I-44 and Yale that land sold to someone else. I don't know if they are trying somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner
    This is the case all over the country apparently. Sam's and Costco are competing for the same customers. What Costco is telling OKC is that they don't even want to try and compete.
    I guess the $64,000 question is finding out, specifically, what the numbers are telling them..Which is disuading Costco from entering the Oklahoma City market..

The Whole Foods Market, which has been open in Omaha for about 1 year, has been a big hit..I'd find it hard to believe it's opening a store in Oklahoma City would be anything less than a smashing success..

..Ciao..LiO....Peace

Thread Information