Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New York Pizza & Pasta (Campus Corner) Now in Edmond.

1. Default Re: New York Pizza & Pasta (Campus Corner) Now in Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Oh wow.... that's just a 20-minute drive from where I lived - pretty much a shot down the Wantagh...
    your up by cold spring harbor I remember we went to a whaling museum up their in elementary school. were going up there this June. I want to take my son to Old Bethpage restoration village, lido beach with the mushrooms, Friendly's for a cone head, Carvel for a flying saucer,

2. Default Re: New York Pizza & Pasta (Campus Corner) Now in Edmond.

Get there soon.... Friendly's is dying (great food, great ice cream, horrible service and management). Carvel, however, is doing fine.

3. Default Re: New York Pizza & Pasta (Campus Corner) Now in Edmond.

Get there soon.... Friendly's is dying (great food, great ice cream, horrible service and management). Carvel, however, is doing fine.
    Ya they closed a lot in 2000 they are strong up in Springfield where they are based out of. You can get the Carvel cakes at most walmarts here!

Here is one for Lincolns Birthday.

4. Default Re: New York Pizza & Pasta (Campus Corner) Now in Edmond.

I didn't know you could get carvel cakes out here. Interesting. Of course, that's not the same as a Carvel soft serve....

Default Re: New York Pizza & Pasta (Campus Corner) Now in Edmond.

"It's What Happy Tastes Like"

OK, that's pretty good.

Default Re: New York Pizza & Pasta (Campus Corner) Now in Edmond.

... (It's amusing to hear someone who visited a pizzeria in NYC thinking they're an expert on NY pizza).
    Not sure if that was a reference to my earlier post, but as almost always is the case, there's a backstory that you don't know - I didn't just walk into a random pizzeria in NYC and declare they're the best NYC-style pizza in the world. My cousin lived in Greenwich Village for a bunch of years, sampled many, many pizza places, and had decided that John's was the one worth going back to. So since he's one of the few people I trust about food, we went there and it was some of the best NYC-style pizza we've had. No, we didn't visit 100 pizza places in NYC to make sure of that, but we've had enough pizza of different styles in all the places we've lived and visited to know what good pizza is and John's measured up (we did eat at least one pizza from someone else than John's while in NYC, but can't remember the name of the place, and it wasn't as good as John's).

7. Default Re: New York Pizza & Pasta (Campus Corner) Now in Edmond.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    WETSON'S, wow, a blast from the past. We had 'em in Union County back in the 60's on our side of the river. Their fries were top drawer. How about GINO's?. Of course after a night of drinking Rheingold ( Keep the gold cold) from the fabled Chug A Mugs, White Castle filled the bill nicely.

As far as pizza, we used to cross the Gothels Bridge to go to "Denino's" which was on Forrest Ave. When the pies came out they were so hot the cheese was liquid. And they had Rheingold on tap.
    Forgotten NY

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/NEIGHBOR...hborhoods.html

http://www.screanews.us/LongIsland/LongIslanderIf.htm

8. Default Re: New York Pizza & Pasta (Campus Corner) Now in Edmond.

"When you just sort of presume that wherever you live,
    You'll be able to find good delis, good pizza, and good bagels."
    All that, and so much more ... all true.
    The LIE, however, was and is as bad as everyone thinks it is (traffic jams in OKC?? Hah! That's just a good day on the LIE).
    I can't imagine falling asleep on the train and ending up in Ronkonkoma - I'll bet it's still deserted out there. And no, I don't claim to know anybody who saw Billy Joel in Oyster Bay. He and my uncle were childhood friends, and they kept in contact until my uncle's death in the early 90s (Billy had him doing electrical work at his house).
    Great websites....

Thread Information