Widgets Magazine
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: question about empire strikes back

Default Re: question about empire strikes back

That's it. I kept wanting to call it NerdWars. FanBoys is a classic for any StarWars/Star Trek fan. Of course, you also can never go wrong with SpaceBalls. Loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    the most pivotal character in the original series is the gunner on the star destroyer at the beginning of the very first film.

why? 'cause if the gunner had fired on the pod containing r2d2 and c3p0, they wouldn't have gotten to tatooine. they wouldn't have met luke. luke wouldn't have met ben. they wouldn't have met han and chewie. they wouldn't have rescued princess leia. luke wouldn't have destroyed the deathstar, wouldn't have ever met yoda and wouldn't have turned darth against the emperor. if that gunner had fired, none of it would have happened.

-M /i totally wish that was my original thought, but cool anyway.
    Nice try, but no dice. The most pivotal is Watto (the creature that owned Annikan). If he doesn't take the bet with Qui-Gon on the Pod race then Annikan remains a slave, C-3PO remains a half built pile of trash, Darth Vader never happens, Obi Wan dies a lonely old man in the desert, Luke and Leia are never born, Han gets taken out by Guido, and Chewbacca becomes an ornanmental rug in Jabba's house.

As for the orginal, if Luke's adoptive father lets him go to the academy a year earlier, when Luke wanted to, he never meets C-3PO and R2D2.

Quote Originally Posted by FritterGirl View Post
    That's it. I kept wanting to call it NerdWars. FanBoys is a classic for any StarWars/Star Trek fan. Of course, you also can never go wrong with SpaceBalls. Loved it.
    Remember "Hardware Wars"? Or--"Pork Lips Now" with Billy Gray...

Lord Helmet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    Nice try, but no dice. The most pivotal is Watto (the creature that owned Annikan). If he doesn't take the bet with Qui-Gon on the Pod race then Annikan remains a slave, C-3PO remains a half built pile of trash, Darth Vader never happens, Obi Wan dies a lonely old man in the desert, Luke and Leia are never born, Han gets taken out by Guido, and Chewbacca becomes an ornanmental rug in Jabba's house.

As for the orginal, if Luke's adoptive father lets him go to the academy a year earlier, when Luke wanted to, he never meets C-3PO and R2D2.
    Awesome.

I hadn't thought about Watto.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post

^^^ I'm stealing that. Sorry man but that's solid gold you left in this forum.

Thread Information