Widgets Magazine

Thread: Two opportunities to get free Chick-fil-A for a year...

Smile Two opportunities to get free Chick-fil-A for a year...

Howdy Folks,

Just letting y'all know about a couple of chances to get free Chick-fil-A for a year (52 coupons for free meals).

Both of these are Grand Openings and require - here it goes - that you camp in the parking lot for 24 hours to get your prize. The first 100 customers when the restaurant opens on Thursday morning will get free Chick-fil-A for a year. The two openings are:

Yukon FSU - Opening November 5, 2009
    1724 Garth Brooks Blvd.

OKC - 240 & Western FSU - Opening December 3, 2009
    920 W. I-240

The event - known as F100, or First 100 - is often filled up very quickly. That is why I mention 24 hours, even though that isn't technically required. The line for the Thursday morning opening begins Wednesday morning at 6 A.M. Often, there are well over 200 people in line at this point. So they have begun a raffle where they raffle the first 100 spots off to the people in line.

I have been to a few of these as a CFA owner/operator and they are CRAZY. I can't believe people love to camp out like that but hey, they make it a lot of fun. Their are games, free food, music, dancing, etc. Often Dan Cathy, the President & COO of CFA will come to a camp-out - he's been to almost 100. There are a lot of people who travel the country doing this - mainly college kiddos and retired folk. One guy at the last opening I was at in San Antonio had a "I sleep in Chick-fil-A parking lots" shirt.

I don't mean to shamelessly plug on the site, just thought y'all might appreciate the opportunity for some free food!

Here are the rules for the event:

Chick-fil-A

Thanks,
    dengar22

2. Default Re: Two opportunities to get free Chick-fil-A for a year...

Hey dengar, if you're hooked in with these folks, find out, if you can, if there will be any more Chickfilas built in the Edmond/NW OKC area.

Default Re: Two opportunities to get free Chick-fil-A for a year...

dengar22

Are those dates firm? Source? Reason why I asked the ad insert in Sundays paper's ad for them just had "Opening Soon" in the small print (understand that inserts are printed sometimes weeks or even months in advance). Looks like they moved back the I-240 date, the other thread and verified by employees mentioned a November date.

Larry -

I know we resolved this in another thread but just in case somebody's reading that might be confused, those dates are firm.

If I see those dates change I'll let y'all know but it's only a few weeks out and the Grand Opening teams are locked in so I wouldn't expect a change!

-dengar2

I was one of the brave who camped for the NW Expressway and Rockwell one a few years back in the freezing rain. Definitely an experience not worth repeating, but if decent weather, I'd do it again.

camping on asphalt for free chikin? Thinkin I might spend on on the recovery, unless there's a chiro out there that works for chikin coupons, and if so, I think I'll let him sleep out there himself.

But then again, I've pulled sillier stunts.

Dengar--

Since you seem to be a man in the know, can you tell me when the 2010 calendars will be available in stores?

I would also like to say that Chick-Fil-A is pretty much the greatest fast food restaurant chain since the dawn of history. (And also that yes, there is a need for more stand-alones in the NW metro.)

Thanks and please say hello to Zuckuss for me.

Matt

Matt,

Many stores received their calendars last week...all should have them by end of month.

Matt,

phl1331 is right, we received them not too long ago. We're not yet advertising them but you should go into your local CFA and purchase one. As an English major, I find these new ones hilarious - the calendar is a play off of great works of literature.

I can tell you CFA is looking still at the OKC market - they have really had tremendous success there. They are looking in NW OKC.

Thanks!
    -dengar22

It'd be nice to have one in the inner city and get another one back downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by phl1331 View Post
    Matt,

Many stores received their calendars last week...all should have them by end of month.
    Quote Originally Posted by dengar22 View Post
    Matt,

phl1331 is right, we received them not too long ago. We're not yet advertising them but you should go into your local CFA and purchase one. As an English major, I find these new ones hilarious - the calendar is a play off of great works of literature.

I can tell you CFA is looking still at the OKC market - they have really had tremendous success there. They are looking in NW OKC.

Thanks!
    -dengar22
    Thanks, fellas. I'll try to hit one of the stores sometime soon.

It's a wonderful restaurant!

Update:

I called one of the locations to ask if they were selling the calendars yet and the girl told me they already had them, but couldn't sell them until November 1.

What the what?!

I stopped in at one of the stores (I'm not gonna say which one because I refuse to acknowledge that I went to the mall just to go to Chick-Fil-A) the other day to grab some food and a calendar, and noticed they had a deal where if you buy a $20 gift card, you get the calendar for free. So I bought the gift card, got the calendar, and then turned around and used the gift card to buy my lunch.

The calendar is cute and comes with a bunch of coupons good for free food and drinks and such next year. It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

Also, the Quail Springs store (that I may or may not have been at the other day) is giving away free chicken sandwiches all day today to celebrate their 10th anniversary, or so I heard.

Chick-Fil-A rules.

Spicy Chicken Sandwich is coming to Chick-Fil-A on June 7!

Go to the above site on May 21 to register for a free Spicy Chicken Sandwich "sneak preview" from May 31-June 5.

I'm not gonna have any reason to go to Wendy's, ever again, after this thing comes out. Not even for the Frosty-dipped French Fries.

And when's the Edmond store opening up, Chick-Fil-A insiders?

15. Default Re: Two opportunities to get free Chick-fil-A for a year...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Spicy Chicken Sandwich is coming to Chick-Fil-A on June 7!

Go to the above site on May 21 to register for a free Spicy Chicken Sandwich "sneak preview" from May 31-June 5.

I'm not gonna have any reason to go to Wendy's, ever again, after this thing comes out. Not even for the Frosty-dipped French Fries.

And when's the Edmond store opening up, Chick-Fil-A insiders?
    Matt, I'm with you. I discovered Chic-Fil-A only recently. (why, I don't know.) I've tried several things now and that's one fine fast-food restaurant.

No wonder OKC is so fat!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jstaylor62 View Post
    No wonder OKC is so fat!!!
    Say what? CFA's actually one of the healthier (or maybe "least-unhealthy") fast food chains around. No sandwich over 500 calories (although that may change with that new spicy number), and some decent sides and salads. I generally get out of there for about 400 calories, and that's a sandwich, side, and drink.

Matt, I wish I could say the same. I always get a milkshake! They are so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Say what? CFA's actually one of the healthier (or maybe "least-unhealthy") fast food chains around. No sandwich over 500 calories (although that may change with that new spicy number), and some decent sides and salads. I generally get out of there for about 400 calories, and that's a sandwich, side, and drink.
    I saw a news report about the people that were waiting in line for free Chic-fil-A for a year. As the camera panned down the line, 80% of the people were morbidly obese. Free food is not something the morbidly obese need!

Thread Information