Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Capital Grille

Blog Entries

Default Re: Capital Grille

Quote Originally Posted by citywokchinesefood View Post
    McCormick & Schmicks would kill in OKC. I also think Carrabbas would do really well here.
    M&S please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    M&S please.
    Are they in expansion mode?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Been going to their original in Providence for about 25-30 years. So glad they are finally here. Love their calamari.
    I've been a number of times to the one in DC. Always great.

Had dinner last night at the new Capital Grille in Oak. Beautiful space. Over all experience was excellent especially considering they have been opened less than a week. Here is my breakdown:

Reservations and arrival: Super easy to make reservation online. Needed to change from 2 to four a few days ago. App wouldn't allow it but a quick call to the restaurant and was easily changed. Arrival was easy. Had not been to oak before. They had someone directing traffic to make sure you got to right valet (hotel had valet also). Complimentary valet and up to date system where you can order your car from your table as tabbing out. Went inside and hostess immediately helped us and no wait for our table.

Drinks: Great cocktail menu. The Doli Stoli is a signature drink for them and it was done well. They shake the drinks tableside so nice and cold. The wine list is on an ipad and very easy to use. Broken down by variety or region and color coded, Click on the bottle and it pulls up description of the wine. Wine prices were not bad. Lots of decent bottle options in the $55-120 range, The server had a basic knowledge of the wines.

Appetizers: Server recommended calamari and it was fantastic. Crisp, clean with a pepper relish medley. Very fresh tasting. Mixture of the rings and the little squid ends, The Nueske Bacon was excellent as well with a korean bbq sauce on top. It is cut into bite size pieces and made for a great group appetizer.

Main courses: Steaks were flavorful. 2 of the 3 were overcooked. (both came out medium and were ordered rare and med rare) Server didn't ask and we didn't say anything as the steaks were still moist and flavorful. I have no doubt it would have been fixed if we said something. Surprised he didn't ask though. Next time I will order just a steak without any toppings as they took away from the meat flavor. This is a preference but the gorgonzola steak sounded great. My friend having the sea bass said it was excellent and did look tasty.

Sides The lobster mac and cheese had ample amount of lobster in it but the cheese sauce was bland and lacking. This was really our only disappointing part of the meal. The asparagus was crisp and just the right amount of seasoning. The asparagus are the skinny stalks and not big fat ones like some places serve.

Dessert: This was probably the best part of the meal. The cheesecake has brown sugar caramelized on top like a creme brulee. Nice sauce around base with fresh berries.

Service: Service was excellent considering they had just opened. Was a little slow but the server kept us informed of progress. They had a large party right ahead of us. Still a little rough on the edges as far as we were pouring our own wine and missing little things you expect at a higher end restaurant. However, you could tell that they have an extensive training program which probably overwhelmed them a little. They train them even on the artwork. Once they get into the flow, it will smooth out but this isn't a place you need to wait several months to go to....they are kicking it now and providing a great experience.

Great new addition to OKC at a time when our other high end steak places have been on a decline. I predict it will be a huge hit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calamari.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	19233 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steak1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	460.1 KB 
ID:	19234 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steak2.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	414.0 KB 
ID:	19235 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steak3.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	327.6 KB 
ID:	19236 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sea bass.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	392.6 KB 
ID:	19237 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cheesecake.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	407.2 KB 
ID:	19238 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	macNcheese.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	509.0 KB 
ID:	19239
    Last edited by Jeepnokc; 10-25-2024 at 06:58 AM. Reason: forgot pic

^

Wow, thanks so much for the great review and photos!

I have heard nothing but fantastic things about Capital Grille.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Had dinner last night at the new Capital Grille in Oak. Beautiful space. Over all experience was excellent especially considering they have been opened less than a week. Here is my breakdown:

Reservations and arrival: Super easy to make reservation online. Needed to change from 2 to four a few days ago. App wouldn't allow it but a quick call to the restaurant and was easily changed. Arrival was easy. Had not been to oak before. They had someone directing traffic to make sure you got to right valet (hotel had valet also). Complimentary valet and up to date system where you can order your car from your table as tabbing out. Went inside and hostess immediately helped us and no wait for our table.

Drinks: Great cocktail menu. The Doli Stoli is a signature drink for them and it was done well. They shake the drinks tableside so nice and cold. The wine list is on an ipad and very easy to use. Broken down by variety or region and color coded, Click on the bottle and it pulls up description of the wine. Wine prices were not bad. Lots of decent bottle options in the $55-120 range, The server had a basic knowledge of the wines.

Appetizers: Server recommended calamari and it was fantastic. Crisp, clean with a pepper relish medley. Very fresh tasting. Mixture of the rings and the little squid ends, The Nueske Bacon was excellent as well with a korean bbq sauce on top. It is cut into bite size pieces and made for a great group appetizer.

Main courses: Steaks were flavorful. 2 of the 3 were overcooked. (both came out medium and were ordered rare and med rare) Server didn't ask and we didn't say anything as the steaks were still moist and flavorful. I have no doubt it would have been fixed if we said something. Surprised he didn't ask though. Next time I will order just a steak without any toppings as they took away from the meat flavor. This is a preference but the gorgonzola steak sounded great. My friend having the sea bass said it was excellent and did look tasty.

Sides The lobster mac and cheese had ample amount of lobster in it but the cheese sauce was bland and lacking. This was really our only disappointing part of the meal. The asparagus was crisp and just the right amount of seasoning. The asparagus are the skinny stalks and not big fat ones like some places serve.

Dessert: This was probably the best part of the meal. The cheesecake has brown sugar caramelized on top like a creme brulee. Nice sauce around base with fresh berries.

Service: Service was excellent considering they had just opened. Was a little slow but the server kept us informed of progress. They had a large party right ahead of us. Still a little rough on the edges as far as we were pouring our own wine and missing little things you expect at a higher end restaurant. However, you could tell that they have an extensive training program which probably overwhelmed them a little. They train them even on the artwork. Once they get into the flow, it will smooth out but this isn't a place you need to wait several months to go to....they are kicking it now and providing a great experience.

Great new addition to OKC at a time when our other high end steak places have been on a decline. I predict it will be a huge hit.

Funny, I went on Wednesday and my steak was severely undercooked and not warm at all. (I ordered medium). I had them throw it back on and when I got it back it was hot and perfectly brought to medium. They took the steak off of our check, so no big deal. But was definitely surprising. The rest of of the meal including the service was top notch.

7. Default Re: Capital Grille

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post

This is fantastic. Thanks for the detailed info. Looks so good!

Looking at their menu $37 for a 8 oz Filet Mignon is not real high dollar. Those easily go for $55 at other high end restaurants. But yea not cooking a steak to order at a place like that is not good.

Edit - I guess i was looking at their lunch menu. Dinner only has the 10 oz Filet for $56. At lunch the 10 oz is $44.

9. Default Re: Capital Grille

I normally don’t get too wound up around chain steakhouses, since I think OKC’s local prime steakhouse collection meets or exceeds the quality of even the best national prime steakhouse chains. That said, I had a tremendous meal (and experience) at the Capital Grille in Scottsdale. Looking forward to a visit to this one.

Thread Information