Widgets Magazine
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classen Design Center

Default Re: Classen Design Center

This project received a lot of criticism on this board, but I think it is an above-average strip center. This area north of NW 63rd and east of Western is coming into its own. There are several contemporary homes either built or under construction near the Ballet Oklahoma building. Plus the offices/SFR/garage condos north toward Wilshire.

2. Default Re: Classen Design Center

Classen Irony Center

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerinfiniti View Post
    This project received a lot of criticism on this board, but I think it is an above-average strip center.
    Is there another thread about this somewhere? I feel like I’d be overstating it by calling the criticism in this thread even mild, especially in relation to 90% of other developments talked about. I agree that it’s above-average, especially considering its location. Its design looked better in some of the renderings imo but I would take this over the business parks that look like suburban tract houses or even most strip centers that take longer to get tenants than they do to be built.

That's kind of a no man's land up there; I think this is a good use of the land and it's very strategically located near Nichols Hills. Seems like a win.

Wow Alexander Merchant! Only locations are Austin San Antonio and OKC.

It's funny how quiet this development has been but looking at the tenants.......I mean wow these are some really good gets!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser214 View Post
    Wow Alexander Merchant! Only locations are Austin San Antonio and OKC.
    It definitely is starting to feel like Oklahoma is benefitting from the huge Texas Boom. We're a natural expansion market. Would like to start seeing some stuff go the other way as well (OK based companies becoming ubiquitous in Texas)

HangryHippo Guest

I’m curious what OK companies you think would do well in TX?

Quote Originally Posted by HangryHippo View Post
    I’m curious what OK companies you think would do well in TX?
    So as far as retail brands we have Hobby Lobby, QT and Love's that I think are our only super national chains. Maybe you could throw. BOK in there somewhat.

I think probably the Top 2 retail brands that I feel like should be widely known in Texas are HSRG and Mathis. They have the most infrastructure to support more aggressive expansion into Texas. From there, I think we have some pretty competitive restaurant groups that could find success just about anywhere that I would like to see take some risks in Texas (84 Hospitality with Empire probably the best example).

Quote Originally Posted by Teo9969 View Post
    So as far as retail brands we have Hobby Lobby, QT and Love's that I think are our only super national chains. Maybe you could throw. BOK in there somewhat....
    Yeah, BOK is pretty much just regional - OK, TX, KS, NM, CO, MO, AR

Quote Originally Posted by TheTravellers View Post
    Yeah, BOK is pretty much just regional - OK, TX, KS, NM, CO, MO, AR
    Honestly, that's pretty good for a bank. Not many states out there have a bank with a presence in half the country, so even having regional is good. I think Texas only has 2 banks headquartered there that are larger.

Classen Design Center is planning a new building, not directly adjacent to the existing (and fully leased) development, but on the west side of Classen on a site that is currently an ugly industrial property.

Thread Information