I had emailed Costco about Oklahoma City locations a few weeks ago and got a canned response that was worthless. I replied with a request for a serious response and got one:

Sorry about the auto-reply. I know how frustrating that can be and hope I can address your question. Oklahoma City is a market Costco has looked at on several occasions. The last analysis that was recently completed again showed the lack of demographic qualities that Costco looks for in new locations. I can tell you that several of our newer Texas locations also showed the same kinds of trends until 2004. We hope Oklahoma can be added to the Costco family soon. Thank you for your interest and again, my apologies for the delayed response and the earlier auto-reply.

Seems like we hear this a lot. Do you think the "demographic qualities" is meaning the relatively low median income? This is another example of why Oklahoma must be more aggressive in landing company HQ, plants, research facilities, etc. that can provide a better job picture than call center after call center.

---------------