Widgets Magazine

Thread: You only have one hour to show people things in OKC...

Default You only have one hour to show people things in OKC...

Ok, so over the past couple of weeks, I have had two opportunities to show my mom and a friend around developments in OKC and both times I only had an hour to show them highlights.

I took them to see Wheeler, Okana, Plaza District and OAK.

Now, both of them had already see The National and the new convention center, so I left them off.

What else should I include when I do this? To be clear, we aren't really getting out of the car and walking around, just driving around and through developments.

Default Re: You only have one hour to show people things in OKC...

Quote Originally Posted by warreng88 View Post
    Ok, so over the past couple of weeks, I have had two opportunities to show my mom and a friend around developments in OKC and both times I only had an hour to show them highlights.

I took them to see Wheeler, Okana, Plaza District and OAK.

Now, both of them had already see The National and the new convention center, so I left them off.

What else should I include when I do this? To be clear, we aren't really getting out of the car and walking around, just driving around and through developments.
    The Memorial.

Preferably at dusk to get the night effect.

3. Default Re: You only have one hour to show people things in OKC...

I'll second the memorial. I feel like every visitor should go there as one of their first destinations to really get a feel for what that means for the city.

On the drive to/from there you can show the Bricktown/canal/parks/capital/etc all in the core.

I'm one of those people that loves playing tour guide in OKC when people come to visit and I take them all over the metro depending on what their interests are. There is SOOOO much to see, you really do have to just pick a limited list and start from where.

Thread Information