Widgets Magazine

Thread: Dairy Queen

Multiple Locations Dairy Queen

I couldn’t find a topic anybody here enjoy some DQ enjoyed it when I lived in Texas and I’m glad to see some sprouting up around the metro they have an app where you get coupons unfortunately the restaurants acknowledging the coupons is another story

For example the app has a coupon bogo ANY grill burger get one free shows a dbl with bacon but by god the store I go to says the bogo is for the single patty burger only and can’t get corporate to respond

Default Re: Dairy Queen

That's a shame. I had good success with contacting corporate when the DQ at the mall didn't flip my Blizzard, whereupon the manager there refused to honor the "flip it it it's free" promotion. For some reason, corporate sided with the franchisee, and I haven't been back since.

I actually ate at the nearby DQ off 150th and Penn for lunch today, and it was superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kimball View Post
    That's a shame. I had good success with contacting corporate when the DQ at the mall didn't flip my Blizzard, whereupon the manager there refused to honor the "flip it it it's free" promotion. For some reason, corporate sided with the franchisee, and I haven't been back since.

I actually ate at the nearby DQ off 150th and Penn for lunch today, and it was superb.
    Do you know for sure that the mall DQ franchisee is a different entity/person than the 150th/Penn DQ franchisee so you know your money isn't going to the same entity/person? Only bringing this up because a lot of fast-food locations have the same owner...

Quote Originally Posted by Slimjim View Post
    Texas
    Keep your eyes peeled.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kimball View Post

This is what their website says:

The independent franchise owner of each restaurant decides whether the Blizzard® Treats in their location will be served upside down. Whether your next Blizzard® Treat is free if the employees forget or neglect to do so is determined by the independent franchise owner of each restaurant. Please check with the employees of each restaurant to see if they participate in this promotion.

double post please ignore

I don't know. That's a good thing to investigate.

Also, at the time, I saw where DQ said that they would have the flip-it-or-it's-free everywhere, overruling this disclaimer. You can only protest so much.

DQ franchisees have always resisted their franchisor’s attempts at imposing consistency. Warren Buffet bought IDQ hoping to change that and improve the brand, but, well, as you can see...

DQ is taking the old Zaxby's spot at 6017 W. Reno.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Awesome! That place has been vacant for quite a while now.

Blog Entries

Great, because the last DQ I visited was on 5400 S.E. 29th Street in Del City, where they also had a Long John Silvers--recent fire damage (bordered up) and they haven't reopened since.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Is this still a go? Drove by a few weeks ago didn't look like the building had been touched.

Quote Originally Posted by kukblue1 View Post
    Is this still a go? Drove by a few weeks ago didn't look like the building had been touched.
    The building permit status is "pending corrections" -- appears they are still going through the process.

It sold to new owners right after the application was first submitted, so it looks like there is a firm commitment.

Thread Information