Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

1. Default Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

Well as we all know, OSU bit it last night. So #2 has fallen. The rest of the Top 25 action today looks like this:

Completed...
    #22 Southern Miss lost to UAB on Thursday.
    #9 Virginia Tech beat UNC on Thursday.
    #14 South Carolina beat The Citadel on Friday.
    #15 Wisconsin beat Illinois today 28-17.

In Progress...
    #20 Michigan leads #17 Nebraska in the 4th.
    #12 Michigan State blowing out Indiana in the 4th.
    #13 Georgia is leading Kentucky in the 4th 19-10.
    #3 Alabama is leading Georgia Southern in the 2nd 17-7.

Will Play...
    #5 OU @ #25 Baylor
    #7 Clemson @ NC State
    #21 PSU @ tOSU
    Miss State @ #6 Arkansas
    SMU @ #11 Houston
    Colorado St @ #19 TCU
    BC @ #24 ND
    #1 LSU @ Ole Miss
    Virginia @ #23 FSU
    #16 KSU @ Texas
    #18 USC @ #4 Oregon
    #10 Boise State @ SDSU
    Cal @ #8 Stanford

Default Re: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

I've developed a sudden, albeit temporary, fondness for Ole Miss, Georgia Southern and USC.

3. Default Re: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

#13 Georgia survives Kentucky: 19-10
    #20 Michigan routs #17 Nebraska: 45-17
    #12 Michigan state routs Indiana: 55-3

Alabama looks like they'll survive, up 17...38-21...against Georgia Southern. Funny how LSU couldn't core 1 touchdown on Alabama, but this FCS team has scored 3. Imagine if teams would just come to play at the same high level every week.

#7 Clemson is trailing NC State 14-3
    #21 PSU is leading tOSU 17-14
    #6 Arkansas is leading Miss State 14-10
    #11 Houston is struggling against SMU, leading 6-0 almost at the half.
    #19 TCU is leading CSU 13-0
    #24 ND is leading BS 10-0

4. Default Re: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

#21 Penn State beat tOSU: 20-14
    #19 TCU beat CSU: 34-10
    #3 Alabama beat FCS Georgia Southern: 45-21
    NC State UPSET #7 Clemson: 37-13
    #11 Houston beat SMU: 37-7
    #6 Arkansas beat MSU: 44-17

Big 12 Play...
    A&M beat Kansas: 61-7
    Missouri beat Tech 31-27

5. Default Re: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

10 minutes until kick off.

Close game? Lop sided win? Who actually wins? LOL

This one is hard to call. OU 48 Baylor 42

OU 52 Baylor 24

They keep this BS up and it'll end up being 10-7. When either team scores it's brought back by a penalty.

8. Default Re: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

Stanford lost already?

OU are not in a battle against Baylor. The opponent is the cheating refs. There already has been several fake flags against OU. This will be very tough.

One of the fake flags was a pass inference even tho the ball was uncatchable and went way out of bound.

9. Default Re: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

Okay so my 48-42 was actually the number of flags each team will get. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Stanford lost already?
    OU are not in a battle against Baylor. The opponent is the cheating refs. There already has been several fake flags against OU. This will be very tough.
    One of the fake flags was a pass inference even tho the ball was uncatchable and went way out of bound.
    Stanford lost to Oregon last week. Thunder...none of the flags were off base yet. Enough with your freaking "cheating" comments about everything. If you aren't willing to participate in a mature manner, GTFO and shut up. Tired of your worthless BS lately. You are about to earn a permanent spot on my ignore list.

10. Default Re: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Thunder...none of the flags were off base yet. Enough with your freaking "cheating" comments about everything. If you aren't willing to participate in a mature manner, GTFO and shut up. Tired of your worthless BS lately. You are about to earn a permanent spot on my ignore list.

I'm serious. If you use DVR, go back to bout 3 minutes after the game started. I know it can't be pass interference when ball is overthrown, underthrown, or uncatchable. Go look at it and you will see it was uncatchable, so a pass interference shouldn't be called. I was told of this and confirmed it with two people already when I asked. Don't be so rude. I believe that I'm 100% correct.

+6,000,000 venture.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I'm serious. If you use DVR, go back to bout 3 minutes after the game started. I know it can't be pass interference when ball is overthrown, underthrown, or uncatchable. Go look at it and you will see it was uncatchable, so a pass interference shouldn't be called. I was told of this and confirmed it with two people already when I asked. Don't be so rude. I believe that I'm 100% correct.
    Go back and watch again, specifically where the defender had his hands up on/in the faceguard of the receiver. T, with respect, you know less about football than I do, and I know squat. But, if you'll type less, stick the cheating word in your dresser, and watch, read and learn, you will enjoy the games more. FWIW, the definition of cheating is definitely NOT "Thunder doesn't like something" no matter how often you act like it is.

13. Default Re: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

It was still uncatchable. I asked a friend who plays football and he confirmed what I said. Don't be getting all angry at me when disagreeing with my mature opinion. Sad to see the behavior dished at me.

14. Default Re: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

If you aren't willing to participate in a mature manner, GTFO and shut up. Tired of your worthless BS lately. You are about to earn a permanent spot on my ignore list.
    Agreed. It's getting old.

Venture, I think you were right that this won't be easy. OU could still wear them down and blow them away in the second half, but I don't think it's going to happen. I'm guessing close to the end.

15. Default Re: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

Ummm...Baylor 32 OU 12 the new guess? LOL Hopefully they wake up in the 2nd half.

Horrible loss on Defense with Lewis gone now.

Uncle Slayton Guest

Ummm...Baylor 32 OU 12 the new guess? LOL Hopefully they wake up in the 2nd half.

Horrible loss on Defense with Lewis gone now.
    Wow. We are stinking it up. It just seems like there's no fire with the Sooners.

17. Default Re: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

They just don't have the drive or desire to dominate/win. They are playing so light this season they either blow it out or get figured out and taken down.

18. Default Re: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

I just tried to watch on the laptop so I could go in the other room. It's on ESPN3/online. Yet, it is blacked out for this area, which I would understand if the game is in Norman. Argh.

19. Default Re: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

Maybe at this point just put Bell in to run it all the time? :-P

Uncle Slayton Guest

They just don't have the drive or desire to dominate/win. They are playing so light this season they either blow it out or get figured out and taken down.
    I honestly don't understand it. No one in the sports world can seem to figure out the Tech loss, and the Sooners seem to be playing in some kind of stupor. Maybe Bob is too preoccupied with carpet swatches and tile choices with the new digs, but he sure doesn't seem able to build a fire under them this year.

I cannot imagine the team we're watching right now playing LSU. We'd lose by 75 points.

21. Default Re: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

Bell's kind of our Tebow with his ability to run in a true option like we haven't seen in an OU quarterback since the Switzer years. Why not? Nothing else is working.

22. Default Re: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

Quote Originally Posted by MikeOKC View Post
    Bell's kind of our Tebow with his ability to run in a true option like we haven't seen in an OU quarterback since the Switzer years. Why not? Nothing else is working.
    Definitely. The next few seasons are going to be fun with a different look to OU.

Hey look TD OU and then TD Baylor. OU needs to get with it before Baylor is able to run away with this.

Slayton...well here is the thing. I think OU can hang in big games. They seem to get really pumped up for it. Then they get in a game that they mentally think is a cake walk and give the other team the ability to win. Lack of discipline completely.

23. Default Re: Game Day Thread - 11/19/11

Who was it here on the board who said recently that Baylor didn't belong in the Big 12?

Uncle Slayton Guest

Stoops looked livid on that last Baylor TD. He first went after some coach who gave him a look like "back the f*** off, Bob", then they both went after the athlete (Harris?) and reduced him to hanging his head on the bench.

Pencil Thin is a deer in the headlights. These guys are going to lose. They just don't want it.

I realize the coach can't do everything, but it seems as if Stoops isn't earning his $282,000 per month salary this last few pay periods.

If the same Iowa State team we saw last night shows up in Norman next week, it will be a bloodletting. There won't be enough Sooner ass left for OSU to mop the field with on December 3rd.
    Last edited by Uncle Slayton; 11-19-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Updated Salary Number

They are a terrible 8-1 this season...Embarrassing

Thread Information