Development: Paramount Building
    Links:
    Official Website
    Menu
    Facebook Page
    Urban Spoon

Information & Latest News

Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paramount1.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	6007   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paramount3.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	6008   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paramount5.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	6009   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paramount6.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	6010  

Default Re: The Paramount

Quote Originally Posted by CCOKC View Post
    Under the movie license they are not allowed to publicize or advertise the actual movies themselves except to members of the Paramount Club.
    That is quite possibly the most absurd rule I have ever heard of, I was looking the other day for showtimes there and couldn't find anything anywhere, I give up trying to understand Oklahoma laws and bureaucracies.

Thank you for the info though, I will be out of town this weekend, but I want to see a movie there soon, will you keep up up to date on whats playing and when?

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisJ View Post
    That is quite possibly the most absurd rule I have ever heard of, I was looking the other day for showtimes there and couldn't find anything anywhere, I give up trying to understand Oklahoma laws and bureaucracies.

Thank you for the info though, I will be out of town this weekend, but I want to see a movie there soon, will you keep up up to date on whats playing and when?
    I am guessing when they referee to license it is the source of the movie allowing them to show to a public audience not the operating license for the city, the rates between what they are charged for the right to show movies is probably drastically different than the rate for your average theater.

http://newsok.com/the-paramount-okc-...rticle/3703318

This sounds like a very fun addition to downtown and Film Row. Best of luck to them.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisJ View Post
    I doubt that it's a local thing. The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) is the controlling organization for just about all professional movie work and it's adamant about restricting "unpaid" access to films. Are you aware that they can and will sue you (if they find out about it) for making an unlicensed copy of a DVD that you bought so that you can show it to your kids on an auto trip to Grandma's house? In fact their position is that you bought the piece of plastic, not the movie...

If people actually read terms of use and licensing agreements it would curl their toes and churn their tummies to know what they have been readily agreeing to when they rip off shrink wrap or check the I agree box.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    I am guessing when they referee to license it is the source of the movie allowing them to show to a public audience not the operating license for the city, the rates between what they are charged for the right to show movies is probably drastically different than the rate for your average theater.
    as a Private "club" i don't think they have to pay anything to show the movies ... which is why they can't advertise movies

Quote Originally Posted by kevinpate View Post
    If people actually read terms of use and licensing agreements it would curl their toes and churn their tummies to know what they have been readily agreeing to when they rip off shrink wrap or check the I agree box.
    Yep, it's also unlawful for a group to play a movie that is charging for admission to their event, without obtaining a license from MPAA and/or the film distributor. Example: church lock-in, school function, etc. where people may be splitting the cost of food or other things included in the activities.

Tongue in cheek analysis of RIAA / MPAA logic

http://blog.ted.com/2012/03/20/the-n...opyright-math/

Hopefully The Paramount's website will in the near future add a list of movies they are showing there.

You guys described pretty well the rules as I understand them about the film licensing as described by the owner. The partners are doing all of this with their own money on a very tight budget so they cannot afford to pay for each movie individually. I really admire their courage for having an idea and making it come to fruition. Plus, they are all really nice and super cool people. Plus, the food really is fabulous and pretty inexpensive. I will be there tomorrow for lunch for the baked potato soup which I believe is something like 3.75.
    Melodie told me it would be ok to post the movies here and not break any of the rules. I would hate to get her in trouble. But 10 bucks for all the movies for the rest of the year is a pretty darn good deal anyway. If you are a member you get an email each week that gives you the movies and the times. The first week they showed Sunset Boulevard. Last week they showed the Artist and Sunset Boulevard. This week is The Great Dictator and The Artist. Next week is the Big Lebowski and The Great Dictator.

sounds like those tickets might make a really good 65th birthday present.

Thank you for the info. This sounds like a fun thing for adults without much craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Questor View Post
    Hopefully The Paramount's website will in the near future add a list of movies they are showing there.
    doubtful that ever happens

15. Default Re: The Paramount

Thanks for your interest in The Paramount. We are very excited about bringing film back to Film Row. As many of you have noted, our license to legally show movies in a public forum prohibits us from advertising or publicly promoting the movies by title, character name or director. As others of you have noted, copyright laws are no joking matter and we are making every effort to follow the guidelines set forth in our agreement with the Motion Picture Licensing Corporation.

The good news is that for the rest of 2012 you decide what your membership dues will be. You can come by The Paramount at 701 W Sheridan, or you can go to our website at www.theparamountokc.com to join our movie club and get access to movie listings. Again, you decide how much you are going to pay.

Also, please remember that we have a coffee shop that is open at 7:30 every weekday morning. For breakfast we have a full range of coffee drinks as well as muffins, yogurt, fruit, oatmeal and breakfast quesadillas. For lunch we have soup and sandwiches (including a darn good grilled cheese) and we always have Pie Junkie Pie!

See you soon.

If I want a dual membership, can I pay once and just leave a note to seller to that effect in the paypal message?

A mini-review / blogpost about The Paramount here:

The Paramount OKC « Rural Gone Urban

March 1, 2014

Thread Information