Widgets Magazine

Thread: Culver's

Default Culver's

When will Oklahoma Get their First Culvers. they have them in Kansas, Texas and Arkansas, so is likely only a matter of time

Default Re: Culver's

I believe Wichita just got their first Culver’s in July so hopefully soon.

A couple of years ago, while on a long road trip, we saw a Culvers and I really wanted to try it, but the line at the drive-thru and the number of cars in the parking lot put Chic-Fil-A to shame.

Culver's is great! We love their cheese curds. The butter burgers are very juicy and they dress them very nicely. I'd love to have one here. It's the only place the kids want to go in Springfield after we've picked them up at Kanakuk in the summers.

Ok, I might have the answer. i love Culvers. I always stop in the one on 151 st just off of I 35 in Olatha Ks. ( I see an eye doctor in the area) I have been talking with a young asst manager who wants to get his own franchise. I told him about the Okc area and he should try to bring the chain into our area. He has been working on that. The problem for Culvers is developing the supply chain. He was told about two more years. I am hoping he can open one then add more stores. About 10 yrs ago I talked with the company and they were very interested and asked if I would want to. I told them i am older and retired and could not put the time in that it would take. I have posted a number of times over the years on different social media platforms trying to get people interested in doing this. I think there is enough space in the Okc area for stores in the Edmond, NW Okc, central Okc, downtown, Mustang, Yukon, and Moore/Norman areas add maybe lawton and Stillwater plus Tulsa. I say this is an opportunity for the right people. If you are interested, please call their home office.

There are now a handful of Culver's in DFW, and a store in Wichita, KS. With OKC being geographically centered between the two, it would seem we would be primed for a franchisee. We were in Texas over the Labor Day Holiday and stopped at one near Frisco. The place was packed, yet the dining area was clean, the employees were attentive, and the food (for fast food) was delicious.

Best way to describe a Culvers to those who haven't experienced it, imagine if Chick-Fil-A served burger and fries along with flavorful custard/ice cream. Their stores are heavily staffed, offer consistent food, and usually very clean.

They are known for their consistently good food and service. They get packed but due to heavy staffing and well trained employees, customers get served quickly.

Culver's is the best fast-food burger I've eaten. Absolutely love it.

If I had the cash on hand I would open a store, but it requires the owner to be present: only owner-operators are allowed to have a store, and they have to go through extensive training.

A well-run Culver's location would kill it here.

Quote Originally Posted by scottk View Post
    There are now a handful of Culver's in DFW, and a store in Wichita, KS. With OKC being geographically centered between the two, it would seem we would be primed for a franchisee. We were in Texas over the Labor Day Holiday and stopped at one near Frisco. The place was packed, yet the dining area was clean, the employees were attentive, and the food (for fast food) was delicious.

Best way to describe a Culvers to those who haven't experienced it, imagine if Chick-Fil-A served burger and fries along with flavorful custard/ice cream. Their stores are heavily staffed, offer consistent food, and usually very clean.
    The stores are shockingly clean and welcoming -- pretty much the opposite of Braum's. The ingredients in the food are always remarkably fresh. The burger itself is perfect, the fries are great, the other menu items are great. It's at least as nice as Chik-Fil-A; arguably it's even nicer. The menu is also way more expansive than Chik-Fil-A.

Thread Information