Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma City Blazers Junior A Hockey Club

Default Oklahoma City Blazers Junior A Hockey Club

For all you, like me, who loved the Blazers and missed them when they were gone they are back. Kind of :-)
    The Oklahoma City Blazers Junior Hockey Club is a member of the Western States hockey League. Players from literally all around the world come here to play, hoping to get noticed by D1 schools, or minor league teams. They players range from 16-20 yrs old. They play with heart, determination, and a great amount of skill.
    The coaching staff is comprised of former players, several of whom, played for the Blazers.
    If you want to REALLY support hockey in OKC come out and watch this team. 10mins into my first game I had already had more fun than I EVER had at a Barons game.

Default Re: Oklahoma City Blazers Junior A Hockey Club

Blazers Belt Tulsa 7-2

The Oklahoma City Blazers moved back into second place in the Midwest division Saturday with a convincing 7-2 win over the in state rival Tulsa Jr Oilers. The Blazers dominated the visiting Oilers for the entire night peppering them in shots by a count of 55 to 17.
    Last edited by borchard; 01-12-2015 at 09:51 AM. Reason: duplicate

Vacek Gets The Call - OKC Blazers Hockey

The Oklahoma City Blazers announced today that defenceman Lubos Vacek has been loaned to the Waterloo Blackhawks of the United States Hockey League. The 6’2” 200 pounder from the Czech Republic will head to Waterloo tomorrow and skate with the team Wednesday. Vacek is second on the Blazers roster with 21 assists despite playing only 13 games.

“We are extremely excited for Louie. Waterloo called us a few weeks ago about him and wanted to have a look at him then but he was injured. A scout that works for an NHL team had seen Lubos and notified the Blackhawks that he was worth taking a look at. That says alot about Lubos as a player right there,” said head coach Tyler Fleck.

Vacek becomes the third Blazer to get called up but the first to the USHL. The United States Hockey League is the number 1 junior league in the USA for sending players to NCAA Div 1 schools and the National Hockey League.

I went to the game at the Cox, but that was it. The BIC is terrible and is not a place to enjoy watching hockey.

"If you want to REALLY support hockey in OKC come out and watch this team. 10mins into my first game I had already had more fun than I EVER had at a Barons game"

1. You are saying Barons fans are not REALLY supporting OKC hockey? 2. The fact that you wouldn't enjoy watching the Barons, especially with how good they have been and are again this year, is just sad and pathetic.

Borchard goes to one Blazers game and he is riding their dick. That is funny. Funny how you didn't even know they existed for almost 3 months. Good job Blazer boy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoOKC1991 View Post
    I went to the game at the Cox, but that was it. The BIC is terrible and is not a place to enjoy watching hockey.
    Sorry, but I gotta ask. What is BIC?

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Boss View Post
    Sorry, but I gotta ask. What is BIC?
    Blazers Ice Centre

Wow...and the put-downs start already. Tell you what, I'll support the team I want. You support your team. And I won't call you anything, or accuse you of "riding their dick"(?) just to make myself feel better. K?

Quote Originally Posted by borchard View Post
    Wow...and the put-downs start already. Tell you what, I'll support the team I want. You support your team. And I won't call you anything, or accuse you of "riding their dick"(?) just to make myself feel better. K?
    You put Barons fans down with "If you REALLY want to support hockey in OKC"

You start the divisive bull****. You hate Funk so damn much that you can't see two inches past your nose to realize we have a world class brand of hockey being played in downtown. Yeah, you hate Funk. Big deal. I hate him as much as you do but the fact of the matter is that I am going out to support the players who are busting their ass night in and night out and providing an enjoyable brand of hockey. I don't need the circus BS that the Blazers to sidetrack just how crappy the hockey was. This team has a great chance to win the Calder Cup. But go ahead with your grudge. We don't people like you at the Barons games complaining the whole night anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GoOKC1991 View Post
    You put Barons fans down with "If you REALLY want to support hockey in OKC"
    That's quite a stretch. Never ONCE did I say "You barons fans arent supporting hockey?!? Really?
    But I don't want to be accused of besmirching anyone. So let me rephrase;
    If you want to support some talented young guys who are trying to showcase their hockey talents, and who really need your support, come watch The Junior Blazers. As a matter of fact, you can even sign up to host a player in your home, if you really want to get involved.
    Better?
    And I didn't even call anyone a (an);
    idiot
    dolt
    knuckle-dragger
    stupid
    okie

And I didn't even have to use a sexual innuendo like "riding their dick"

Quote Originally Posted by kwhey View Post
    You start the divisive bull****.
    And again with the cursing. Geez. This is why I got tired of being on the barons thread. Its why I started this one; A BLAZERS THREAD. You do realize that YOU'RE the one now being divisive now. If you don't want to, then stay on the barons thread, please. I promise to not be "divisive" on it anymore.
    You hate Funk so damn much that you can't see two inches past your nose to realize we have a world class brand of hockey being played in downtown. Yeah, you hate Funk. Big deal. I hate him as much as you do but the fact of the matter is that I am going out to support the players who are busting their ass night in and night out and providing an enjoyable brand of hockey.
    But it's NOT an enjoyable brand of hockey TO ME. And that's ALL I've ever said! I meant what I said, I enjoyed the Junior Blazers game more than I EVER did a barons game. I'm really sorry if you STILL have a problem with that.
    I don't need the circus BS that the Blazers to sidetrack just how crappy the hockey was.
    Well I do. And apparently a large number of people in Oklahoma City do, as well, judging by the attendance numbers for the barons. And that is NOT a put down. It's just a fact. I'm sorry if you have a problem with that, as well. There is just something about the team, the game, the experience, whatever that does NOT resonate with a large number of people here.
    This team has a great chance to win the Calder Cup. But go ahead with your grudge. We don't people like you at the Barons games complaining the whole night anyway.
    Well, that's good. because you won't have to see me at any games. Feel free to add an invective:
    idiot
    dolt
    knuckle-dragger
    stupid
    okie

And I didn't even have to use a sexual innuendo like "riding their dick"
    good for you

I am sorry the Barons don't feature consistent fights and don't provide 24/7 access to hanging out with the players

maybe if they did they wouldnt be closing up shop?

I am sorry the Barons don't have Ben Buckland (anymore) screaming at the top of his lungs and mispronouncing players names

maybe if they did, they wouldnt be leaving town?

maybe if they did they wouldnt be closing up shop?
    So, by your standards, the NHL, AHL and ECHL should not even exist.

Uh, not following you, sport? Didn't say anything about any of those things. I was just talking about whatever it is that the barons DON'T have. Couldn't tell you what THAT is, really. I tried to like them. I really did.
    Remember, we all told how this was better? And how stupid we had all been for 17yrs to have EVER darkened the door of that knuckle-dragging, goon, circus BS that we had all been watching? Okies!
    Remember how we loved that team? Idiots!
    Remember how we all went to away games, even as far away as Nashville and Memphis, just to support that goon squad? Dolts!

This is like saying you'd rather watch Babe Ruth summer league baseball over AAA baseball.

So you can't tell anyone what the Barons don't have, other than you hate their owner and their name isn't the Blazers. Other than that, you know that the quality of hockey is worlds better than this junior league is and whatever the Blazers used to be, but have gone so far on one end of the spectrum you have to defend it now.

Let me guess, when we get an ECHL team that plays Wichita and Tulsa, you probably won't be at those games either.

22. Default Re: Oklahoma City Blazers Junior A Hockey Club

I love reading these threads, get some popcorn and watch everything unfold.

Quote Originally Posted by pahdz View Post
    This is like saying you'd rather watch Babe Ruth summer league baseball over AAA baseball.

So you can't tell anyone what the Barons don't have, other than you hate their owner and their name isn't the Blazers. Other than that, you know that the quality of hockey is worlds better than this junior league is and whatever the Blazers used to be, but have gone so far on one end of the spectrum you have to defend it now.

Let me guess, when we get an ECHL team that plays Wichita and Tulsa, you probably won't be at those games either.
    All I'm saying, Chief, is that I don't want to watch your team. You can ascribe whatever connotations to it that you want. If you want to watch them, then do that. But I'd hurry if I were you. They aren't going to be around much longer

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blazers-Springfield-Feb-5.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	9974

The BIC is alright to watch hockey at, consider that the level of hockey played there really doesn't belong anywhere grander. I've seen several OU games there. Just bundle up.

Thread Information