Widgets Magazine

Thread: Labor Day Weekend

Default Labor Day Weekend

Just wanted to wish everyone a safe and happy Labor Day weekend here. Whats your plans? I for one am headed north to spend some time with the folks and relax among the pine trees.

Default Re: Labor Day Weekend

With the ever-increasing gas prices, we cancelled plans to go anywhere. We're just going to use the weekend to relax, catch up on things around the house and simply enjoy the last holiday weekend of the summer (from home).

MadMonk Guest

I'm finishing a tiling job in my dining room and taking down our pool for the winter. Oh joy.

4. Default Re: Labor Day Weekend

Staying home with the youngin' and enjoying the relaxation, and the pool.

5. Default Re: Labor Day Weekend

I am spending the weekend deciding if I want to spend 20 grand on a new car.:tweeted:

6. Default Re: Labor Day Weekend

Oh wow. My weekend is going to be filled with the joys of doing some job-related work and cleaning my home. And reading...I'm so excited, my reserve copy of "Consipiracy of Fools" showed up at the library today. YAY!

Have a safe and blessed weekend, everyone!

7. Default Re: Labor Day Weekend

Mr Anderson, you may want to buy a cheaper car and save the $20K for gas. HEE HEE!

8. Talking Re: Labor Day Weekend

Quote Originally Posted by sweetdaisy
    Mr Anderson, you may want to buy a cheaper car and save the $20K for gas. HEE HEE!
    Amen to that!

9. Default Re: Labor Day Weekend

That is the idea. I get 19 miles to the gallon in my truck. The 20 grand car gets 40... Plus, I am tired of driving a pickup.

10. Default Re: Labor Day Weekend

Hmmm...do I see a "break even" analysis in your future?

Well, good luck with your decision! I don't envy you a bit!

Keith Guest

I am actually going to go down to Falls Creek church camp on Monday, to welcome the evacuies (sp?) that will be coming down to live in our church's cabin. Yes, the Baptist General Convention has unanimously agreed to house these displaced people for as long as they need to. They will arrive Monday afternoon by buses.

There will be approximately 3000-4000 evacuies staying in various cabins at Falls Creek. We will probably have around 75-100 in ours. I consider it an honor to do this, and I am excited to show these people from New Orleans, Oklahoma hospitality.

Well, I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday no matter what you did, I just got home from up north and wish I was still there. Pictures comming soon.

Well hope everything goes good down there Keith.

Didn't see this thread earlier but was out enjoying my last weekend of "freedom" to do what I want since I have surgery this Friday

Jetskis on Sunday
    Floating the Illinois on Monday

Quote Originally Posted by gbyte

Jetskis on Sunday
    Floating the Illinois on Monday
    Sounds like a good time to me, where did you go jetskiing? I did not bring mine up north and regretted not doing it, the water was beautiful.

Unfortunately in Lake Arcadia but am hoping I will have enough saved up to perhaps buy 1 sometime over this winter (from people selling them cheap!, heh) so then I can go to wherever

Unfortunately in Lake Arcadia but am hoping I will have enough saved up to perhaps buy 1 sometime over this winter (from people selling them cheap!, heh) so then I can go to wherever
    I was wondering how Arcadia was for that sort of thing, can you use jetskis on Hefner, I know some lakes you cant use them. I guess that is one thing I would miss the most if I moved from here, all the lakes we have to use. If you go to buy an used one, just look it over real good, I learned alot about them after the fact, but mine is pretty good.

Lake Arcadia is kind of choppy so it's not necessarily so great for skiing / wakeboarding but that's pretty nice for jetskis (until the wind comes up and it gets hard to keep a good speed going).

Hefner does not allow jetskis or skiing if I remember correct. That is why there are so many sailboats on there.

Lake Arcadia is kind of choppy so it's not necessarily so great for skiing / wakeboarding but that's pretty nice for jetskis (until the wind comes up and it gets hard to keep a good speed going).

Hefner does not allow jetskis or skiing if I remember correct. That is why there are so many sailboats on there.
    Thanks for the info, I kinda figured Hefner did'nt allow them but was not sure. All I ever saw was sailboats.

Thread Information