Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Torchy Tacos coming to Norman.

Default Torchy Tacos coming to Norman.

Saw this is in Norman Transcript today! Torchy Tacos is better than Fuzzy's Tacos. A little more pricy, however, better quality!

Many new businesses coming soon to Norman

Default Re: Torchy Tacos coming to Norman.

That's awesome. I hope they move into OKC eventually. Probably the only thing I miss from Houston.

Love Torchys! Similar to what Big Truck is trying to do but they actually do it well. Hoping this parlays into an OKC location as well.

Would be their first location outside of Texas apart from Denver.

I've only ever been to one in Austin. I saw it is going into Legacy Park. I always pictured it going into an older building on Main Street or near campus (but I guess campus is saturated with Chipotle, Fuzzys, Chimmys, and Qdoba)

AWESOME!!!

I probably won't make a special trip down there for Torchy's, but it's one of the Texas chains that I'm happy to get.

Went here last night to try it out. There was a line of people that was about 30 minutes long to place your order. The ordering process was smooth and similar to Qdoba. Upon entering the door each customer was given a menu, so by the time you ordered it was a smooth process. There is seating both outside and inside. Walking away I give the food a solid 5 star rating. I had the "brushfire' taco which had jerk chicken, jalapenos, cilantro and a diablo sauce. My wife had the 'democrat" which contained barboca beef, avocado, queso fresco, and cilantro. We shared a basket of chips with their green chile queso. The chips appeared to be made there and my wife stated the queso as some of the best she had. The only downside was a 25 minute wait for the tacos which was mitigated by the prompt delivery of the chips and cheese. I would imagine the wait for the tacos will get shorter as the store gets going. I am looking forward to sampling their breakfast items as well.

Thanks for the review!

I'll have to try that brushfire taco... Right up my alley.

There were lines out the door all the time in Austin when I would go visit on the weekends. We would usually go to Tacodeli or one of the other taco shops, but I've heard nothing but good things.

Fuzzy Taco's (both Bricktown and Edmond) have had lines out the door the times I have been there.

My husband and I tried it out this morning and it was fantastic. I got the Wrangler, which has brisket, eggs, cheese in a tortilla. I will definitely be a regular there.

13. Default Re: Torchy Tacos coming to Norman.

That makes me sad for our future.

14. Default Re: Torchy Tacos coming to Norman.

Makes me sad for our present.

Quote Originally Posted by LocoAko View Post
    Some people have way too much time on their hands...Our have to find things to be outraged about society outrages me lol

There's not a food in the world that could make me stand in that line.

17. Default Re: Torchy Tacos coming to Norman.

Some people need to grow up. "For the children" B please those kids have heard, read, and seen a lot worse. Pull the pacifier out of your mouth and join reality.

18. Default Re: Torchy Tacos coming to Norman.

She may very well pass out when she realizes they call their dessert "Lil Nookies."

Yeah, using children as an excuse is the worst type of outrage whoring.

Well, damn.

The 'Ace of Spades' was most excellent.

http://theavocadoapex.blogspot.com/2...cret-menu.html

24. Default Re: Torchy Tacos coming to Norman.

I am pretty surprised that people on here aren't being a bit more understanding of people's concern with the language. While I might not react to this extreme, it is disheartening to see the care-free way people use this language in signage at a restaurant that clearly will include families as customers. I mean, I get that I can't shelter my kids from profanity, it's all around out in public, but it just bums me out that a business like this goes out of its way to splash this word in a big way inside the place. What purpose does the use of this language serve? Is it just there to create a stir? To be "cool"? It's just not necessary and I don't think makes the world a better place, right? Based on the above criticisms of the people concerned about the signage and the slogan, I am sure I will get bashed for this, but I just thought I would add a comment in support of gentility and graciousness--both of which, to me, a parent of young ones, seem to be diminishing at an alarming rate. Guess I'm just old fashioned at the ripe old age of 38. Oh well. It is what it is, but just bums me out a little.

lol you said "bum"

Thread Information