Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mavericks vs Thunder Round 1

Default Mavericks vs Thunder Round 1

This is going to be a hard fought 1st round series for the Thunder, and Dallas can definitly win this series. I dont think the officials will be so sensitive when it comes to fouling Dirk Nowitzki this time. I am predicting Thunder to win the series in Game 5. Anybody agree with me?

Default Re: Mavericks vs Thunder Round 1

I'm predicting THunder in 6 or 7.

I agree. I think Dallas could easily win twice in Dallas and maybe once here.

May have to get through three old veteran teams to get to the finals...Gonna have to have Westbrook turn it around fast or we may be in trouble

thunder in 5

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    May have to get through three old veteran teams to get to the finals...Gonna have to have Westbrook turn it around fast or we may be in trouble
    westbrook played one of his best games of the season on Wednesday

I think it's really difficult to predict what will happen. Granted, this month we've only beaten teams that aren't in the playoffs. But last month we easily handled Miami and Chicago. Mavs haven't been a problem this year either. So, we'll see which team we get - the talented, masterful team or the sloppy, inconsistent team - and how healthy Harden is. He's definitely key.

Quote Originally Posted by betts View Post
    I think it's really difficult to predict what will happen. Granted, this month we've only beaten teams that aren't in the playoffs. But last month we easily handled Miami and Chicago. Mavs haven't been a problem this year either. So, we'll see which team we get - the talented, masterful team or the sloppy, inconsistent team - and how healthy Harden is. He's definitely key.
    Amen. It all depends on which team shows up to play.

WOW. Talk about a great finish.

F me!! that was a little too stressful.. but i'll take it!! great closeout boys..

Absolutely. All that matters is the win. It doesn't matter how or by how much.

12. Default Re: Mavericks vs Thunder Round 1

Why does nobody talk about turnovers? Not once have I ever seen controlling turnovers as being key for the Thunder. I might be wrong, but it seems like the huge red flag that people, even in the media, keep sweeping under the rug.

I'll say it. The turnovers, plus letting the Mavs score so many threes were killing us.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Why does nobody talk about turnovers? Not once have I ever seen controlling turnovers as being key for the Thunder. I might be wrong, but it seems like the huge red flag that people, even in the media, keep sweeping under the rug.
    Spartan, I don't know where you've been but I hear that constantly. It's always being talked about as their Achille's heel.

As I said before though, it doesn't matter if they won by one point or fifty. It's all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Spartan, I don't know where you've been but I hear that constantly. It's always being talked about as their Achille's heel.

As I said before though, it doesn't matter if they won by one point or fifty. It's all the same.
    Yeah, I hear it all the time as well. The Thunder can't be mentioned on ESPN, TNT or NBA TV without turnovers being brought up as their main weakness and how they really need to reduce them if they want to do much.

And Westbrook played well...Hopefully this takes a little out of the Mavs but I doubt it...This one looks like it is going 7

The Mavs best chance to win a game was last night - and they didn't do it. OKC in 4. Durant isn't going to keep missing like he did last night and the Mavs aren't going to make as many 3s as they did lat night either. Dallas finished 45% from beyond 3pt and at one time it was around 75%. Jason Terry ended up 80% from 3pt land (he was 38% on the season). He can't do that again. Now the best that the Mavs can hope for is for the Thunder to beat themselves (which is always possible).

BTW - Harden was way off on his defense last night.

Went to the game last night........wow

All we need to do is contain J.Terry and we got this in the bag, he is our biggest problem. He shot 4-5 from 3pt. range, and scored 20pts. If we can cut this in half we will sweep them. The reason why I say J.Terry, because there is no stopping Dirk late in the game!

20. Default Re: Mavericks vs Thunder Round 1

Quote Originally Posted by ljbab728 View Post
    Spartan, I don't know where you've been but I hear that constantly.
    Well, you do know where I've been, but fair enough. I'm glad to hear that..

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    The Mavs best chance to win a game was last night - and they didn't do it. OKC in 4. Durant isn't going to keep missing like he did last night and the Mavs aren't going to make as many 3s as they did lat night either. Dallas finished 45% from beyond 3pt and at one time it was around 75%. Jason Terry ended up 80% from 3pt land (he was 38% on the season). He can't do that again. Now the best that the Mavs can hope for is for the Thunder to beat themselves (which is always possible).

BTW - Harden was way off on his defense last night.
    Don't forget Ibaka went 9/12 for 22 points. That's not happening again either. Anyone who thinks this is going to be an easy series is kidding themselves. When's the last time OKC had an easy game vs Dallas?

Yesterday was my 1st Thunder playoff game and it was just amazing! But I that suspenseful feeling is horrible lol. Every body started high 5'ing each other, WE ARE ONE.

Great game. Loved it that the announcers were saying that Okc has the best atmoshere in the NBA.

Here is what Dirk Nowitzki and Rick Carlisle had to say about playing in Okc in a Dallas Morning News article.

"This is what you want," Dirk Nowitzki said. "This is one of the best atmospheres in the league. It almost feels like a college game, really. They're into the game from the jump. This is a place where you want to play playoff basketball."

Said Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle: "We like coming here because this is a great atmosphere. These are great fans. If you talk about competing at the highest level, this building is where you want to be."

For the full story here is the link, it is a very short story. http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...a-place-w.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kokopelli View Post
    Great game. Loved it that the announcers were saying that Okc has the best atmoshere in the NBA.

Here is what Dirk Nowitzki and Rick Carlisle had to say about playing in Okc in a Dallas Morning News article.

"This is what you want," Dirk Nowitzki said. "This is one of the best atmospheres in the league. It almost feels like a college game, really. They're into the game from the jump. This is a place where you want to play playoff basketball."

Said Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle: "We like coming here because this is a great atmosphere. These are great fans. If you talk about competing at the highest level, this building is where you want to be."

For the full story here is the link, it is a very short story. http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...a-place-w.html
    Not a Thunder fan but that is pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Don't forget Ibaka went 9/12 for 22 points. That's not happening again either. Anyone who thinks this is going to be an easy series is kidding themselves. When's the last time OKC had an easy game vs Dallas?
    Yes, but we don't need Ibaka to do that every night. We just need Durant to get his season averages. Durant was 10 for 27, way below average.

Thread Information