Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rick's American Bar & Grill Now Open

Default Rick's American Bar & Grill Now Open

at I240 and S. Walker. Does anyone know anything about them?

Default Re: Rick's American Bar & Grill Now Open

if im not mistaken there used to be a ricks in tulsa at 51st and harvard...it closed a couple of years back, i wonder if this is the same place...

Its still there in Tulsa, but it's Rick's Cafe' American and is pretty expensive. It's not a bar and grill. Probably not the same thing.

Stopped by today for a burger and few beers...Nice large bar area, but it could use a few more tv's

Beer selection on tap is Hoeegarden, Blvd Wheat, Sam Adams Summer Ale and the normal nasty domestics...Bartender did say they have a daily happy hour of $1.50 domestics from 3-7...Pretty impressive for a newly opened restaurant...Bartender was also a pretty cool guy

It is a pretty nice looking place inside...Lot nicer than I expected...I like the fact that nicer places are going in on 240...Southside needs more of these kinds of places

Will have to try it again for dinner so I can get a better feel for the place

overall how did the menu look, as far as selections and type of food??

It had a pretty good variety...Chicken fry, burgers, sandwiches, steaks and pastas

Little bit of everything...Prices seemed to be on par with Chili's

My daughter and I ate lunch there yesterday - was very crowded so we sat at a small table at the bar. She had to send her soup back as it came out lukewarm (and with no spoon at first). But to their credit one of the staff brought out a steaming bowl of soup which she said was very good. I had the tilapia w/loaded potatoes and veggies. The food was good, nice portions and the seasoning was done very well, I thought. My daughter is one of those "Food Network" junkies, so it is hard to impress her! She thought the decor was just okay, though.

8. Default Re: Rick's American Bar & Grill Now Open

I need to go check this place out.

Because...You know...I can never have too many places to go drinking.

9. Default Re: Rick's American Bar & Grill Now Open

I tried to go there last night around 7pm and they were closed.

Sign on the door said something along the lines of: "Effective immediately, we will be open from 11am until 5pm daily while the kitchen is being remodeled".

They must have gotten hammered on an inspection or something, because they just opened...Kitchen shouldn't need remodeled.

In other news, the Jimmy's Egg right next to it has food that tastes just like the other locations.

how wierd. i went a week ago from sunday. the menu had a great selection and the food was pretty good. there were 10-12 in our party and when it came time to separate the checks, the nightmare began. she presented us with a combined ticket to look over and said that she'd start splitting the check. from that point, it literally took thirty minutes for our waitress to get the checks split and to us. ridiculous!

i do think that the place is worth giving another try.

-M

Splitting checks should be outlawed; nothing positive ever comes from this horrible practice. Most tables that want split checks don't request it until AFTER everything has been rung up...this in turn, causes service for other tables to sufffer a bit. If the server is told beforehand, it makes splitting so much easier. I'm still against it.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    how wierd. i went a week ago from sunday. the menu had a great selection and the food was pretty good. there were 10-12 in our party and when it came time to separate the checks, the nightmare began. she presented us with a combined ticket to look over and said that she'd start splitting the check. from that point, it literally took thirty minutes for our waitress to get the checks split and to us. ridiculous!

i do think that the place is worth giving another try.

-M
    ive never been a server so i have little empathy for them, but with that many people its pretty hard to split up checks afterwards. now if its like 2 couples then they shouldnt complain.

true... however, we did request the check to be split beforehand. for whatever reason, we were presented a combined check "to look over" while she split it up. regardless of the headache, i still don't see how the process takes 30 minutes. besides us, the place wasn't very busy that night. there were maybe 5-6 other tables that were occupied.

obviously, from the restaruant's point of view it's an added headache. from the patron's point of view, nobody wants to pay for the whole table... and besides, who uses cash these days?

-M

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    Splitting checks should be outlawed; nothing positive ever comes from this horrible practice. Most tables that want split checks don't request it until AFTER everything has been rung up...this in turn, causes service for other tables to sufffer a bit. If the server is told beforehand, it makes splitting so much easier. I'm still against it.
    i agree but how realistic is it for a table of 12 which are roughly around the same age for one person to pick up the tab for everyone?

i know it sucks doing it, but when they see something like that they should have a pretty good idea that the people are going to want it split.

The server could ask beforehand, right?

Good customer service is sometimes inconvenient.... but it's an unfortunate minimum expectation when you're in the food biz.

Big tables and split checks are why God invented included gratuity!

Quote Originally Posted by midtowner
    big tables and split checks are why god invented included gratuity!
    exactly. in mandatory gratuity, that particular server made almost $30 off our table alone. i think she can handle the small inconvenience of splitting our checks.

-M

17. Default Re: Rick's American Bar & Grill Now Open

Isn't it so awkward when people try to divvy up the check? There are so many scenarios which make for really uncomfortable moments!

Of course, there is always the pretend reach for the check! Hoping someone else will protest and then they don't and you're stuck with an enormous check! lol

I had a friend whose girlfriend pulled out her calculator at the table and told everyone exactly to the penny what they owed.

I guess it was an effective way to make sure her boyfriend didn't overpay but pretty painful to watch everyone squirm in disbelief while she told them they hadn't paid enough and added the 20% gratuity + Tax for them! lol Suffice it to say, we all learned to ask for separate checks!

The other scenario is that everyone throws down what they think they owe and it doesn't cover the check and everyone sits there! ha,ha... like a poker game.. everyone waiting to see who makes the first move and shows their hand.. who's reaching for the wallet first?

I do hate it though when it is a big party.. some people drink, others don't, some order a $20 entree and appetizers, some order a salad and an ice tea, then at the end, someone suggests that everyone all put in the same amount! ouch... yeah, separate checks are the way to go.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

I say instead of actually splitting checks, just give your credit card to the server and ask them to put $10, $20, or whatever on the card. This also leaves the tip competely up to you. Much easier/faster.

hmmm... didn't know you could do that.

-M

I say instead of actually splitting checks, just give your credit card to the server and ask them to put $10, $20, or whatever on the card. This also leaves the tip competely up to you. Much easier/faster.
    You're the waiter - whats so hard about spending two seconds before taking the drink order to ask if it will be together or seperate?

Plus that seems like it would be a hassle for each couple(like karried said) to remember what they got and how much it cost, then guess-timate a round number and tell you to put that on the card. If you dont like being a waiter or think it ruins your day when you didnt ask if a party needed a check divided(OMG) then find another job.

Wow! Some of you guys hang with some cheap bastards.

A calculator?

I normally just double the check amount (not literally of course) to get the 20%

$30 gets a $6 tip unless they are just plain bad

If I'm there for three hours drinking beer and eating....Minimum $10 for that long of service no matter how cheap the bill is

I'm with most others regarding the checks...The waitstaff should ask right before running the tickets

23. Default Re: Rick's American Bar & Grill Now Open

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    I normally just double the check amount (not literally of course) to get the 20%

$30 gets a $6 tip unless they are just plain bad

If I'm there for three hours drinking beer and eating....Minimum $10 for that long of service no matter how cheap the bill is
    That's pretty much what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy180 View Post
    I'm with most others regarding the checks...The waitstaff should ask right before running the tickets
    I can't comment on this...I don't have that many friends to go out with anyway.

24. Default Re: Rick's American Bar & Grill Now Open

Quote Originally Posted by Oh GAWD the Smell! View Post
    I can't comment on this...I don't have that many friends to go out with anyway.
    Oooohhhhhhhhhh........that is so sad You are the funniest person on this site. You should have lots of friends to go out with that will stiff you on the bill.

25. Default Re: Rick's American Bar & Grill Now Open

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    Oooohhhhhhhhhh........that is so sad You are the funniest person on this site. You should have lots of friends to go out with that will stiff you on the bill.
    I don't think so...But thanks

I work graveyard shift, and while I like it...It will gradually erode away most relationships, friends or otherwise. Doesn't matter that much though...I'm one of those people that require a lot of "me" time. Been that way since I was about 5.

Thread Information