Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KFC on Rockwell and NW EXPWY Closed

Default KFC on Rockwell and NW EXPWY Closed

I noticed the KFC on NW Expressway and Rockwell has been closed and is now painted grey. The last time I was in there, I left before I was served. The employees were goofing off while they took orders,the dining areas was messy and the place had foul stench.

I was so disappointed in the place, I went home and sent a complaint via KFC.com.

Default Re: KFC on Rockwell and NW EXPWY Closed

yeah i noticed that last week too

3. Default Re: KFC on Rockwell and NW EXPWY Closed

The employees were goofying off while they took orders
    lol, I just had the visual of a clerk and an oversize Goofy having a food fight with mashed potatoes and chicken strips.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

LOL Yeah... that is kind of funny.

Was by there last night. There is a sign in the window saying they are redoing the building. But apparently it will still be a KFC.

I once complained to KFC about coleslaw that didn't taste right - they sent me a$15 gift card. Looks like they built a whole new store for you.

I read an article in the USA Today back around 2004 that stated that it's part of a national movement by KFC to sort of return to the "Kentucky Fried Chicken" brand name. They were planning for their stores to remodel even back then.

FWIW, that KFC is the most irritating place in the world. Always busy and always dirty. The Taco Bueno next door, coincidentally, is irritatingly slow. I realize TB's get busy, but that place is unreal.

I've considered writing complaints about both restaurants, but I didn't want to be "That Guy."

8. Default Re: KFC on Rockwell and NW EXPWY Closed

I wondered if this had anything to do with the fact that several metro KFC's have been painted red, which I thought was a bit much. Maybe it's primer...?

No, the new look of the new KFC's are all red. I like them much better than the old KFC's. The KFC on NW 39th near Meridian is the new design. It's much more modern and the new uniforms are much nicer. They have Nike Dry-Fit type shirts, pretty cool as far as fast food uniforms go. I was wondering if the one on NW Expressway was a remodel, the one on NW 39th stayed open during the remodel, but it had a grey primer coat too, so that is probably what is up on NWE.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I was wondering if the one on NW Expressway was a remodel, the one on NW 39th stayed open during the remodel, but it had a grey primer coat too, so that is probably what is up on NWE.
    If I remember right, the KFC there is actually where the Pancho's used to be (they razed that building) and the Cherry Tree (?) before it. The KFC used to be the smaller place to the west of the current building.

TRue, I totally forgot about that.

12. Default Re: KFC on Rockwell and NW EXPWY Closed

No, there was a Pancho's at MacArthur in front of what is now Incredible Pizza/LifeChurch #567. It's now Fuji Asian Buffet or something.

This KFC has been there at least 16-17 years because I remember eating there as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    No, there was a Pancho's at MacArthur in front of what is now Incredible Pizza/LifeChurch #567. It's now Fuji Asian Buffet or something.

This KFC has been there at least 16-17 years because I remember eating there as a kid.
    I think mburlison was talking about the one on NW 39th even though the thread is about the one on nwexpressway. the one there used to be west of its current location, which is now a pawn shop.

Thanks Metro, yes I should have been more clear I was referring to the 39th Street location that was mentioned .

At that old Pancho's (which is where the KFC is now), I actually worked there, and can remember a young Marcelino coming by on Friday nights to see his brother Juan there... and join us in a few cold ones outside the kitchen after close. We now know him as Chelino !

The KFC at NW 23 and Flynn is the new design, and frankly I think the red paint is a bit much. The signage is OK, but the red is a bit too gaudy in my opinion. I don't know what was wrong with the more recent modern adjustments to their buildings.

16. Default Re: KFC on Rockwell and NW EXPWY Closed

I agree. Too gaudy.

I drove by this area today and the old KFC is gone. Midwest Wrecking was hauling off the remainder of the rubble.

My money is on a new KFC/Long John Silver's or a KFC A&W.

18. Default Re: KFC on Rockwell and NW EXPWY Closed

Bizarre. Why paint it, only to tear it down?

Good point jbrown, makes no sense. Ah the American way, build it only so we can tear it down within 10-20 years.

I talked with someone from Yum! Brands about it.

It is going to be rebuilt as a KFC. Only thing that I don't know if it is going to be a KFC/something else. I seriously hope that it isn't, but I'm guessing that it is going to as there would be no reason to entirely raze the building.

If they insist on it being KFC/something else, I hope they don't make it KFC/Long John Silver's, as there is an LJS just down NW Expressway. The last thing I want to see is one of those vacant LJS buildings along the Expressway. Jeez, those things are eyesores.

I agree... Vacant LJS's are probably the worst vacant fast-food buildings that exist.

KFC corporate must just have some obsession with painting their buildings gray when they close. I don't understand it. I mean, we all know that it used to be a KFC. It happened to the one in Norman, too, there on Lindsey Street a few years ago, and now I believe that building is affiliated with one of the churches.

Oh come on now closed LJS stores make great check cashing stores and used car lots.

On the other hand they did make a nice Starbucks out of the one on 122nd and PENN.

I agree oneforone, the one on Penn that is now a starbucks, is probably the nicest looking starbucks I've seen. And let's don't forget some of the LJS' are donut shops! I sure do love the chicken at LJS though. Weird I know but its good, especially with some louisiana hot sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by metro View Post
    I agree oneforone, the one on Penn that is now a starbucks, is probably the nicest looking starbucks I've seen. And let's don't forget some of the LJS' are donut shops! I sure do love the chicken at LJS though. Weird I know but its good, especially with some louisiana hot sauce.

Interesting, I have to check out the Starbucks, they did make a new Starbucks on South Western, will need to check that one out too but the parking is terrible just like the one in Moore

Wait a minute, are you talking about the Starbucks on I-240 and Penn? If so, I been there before and I agree it's nice but it's really small, I prefer the Starbucks on Brookhaven in Norman, it's bigger

Thread Information