Widgets Magazine

Thread: Recommendation

Default Recommendation

Anyone recommend a nice small bar to frequent on fri/sat nights?

Default Re: Recommendation

Isis in the paseo

I like the Bossa Nova above Cafe Do Brasil especially if you can nab a table outside

hmm, no decent ones in Norman then, thanks for the suggestions though, will have to check them out.

I went to McNellies in Midtown tonight and it was cool. Lots of beers on tap and the food was good. Get into this place before it gets too popular because parking will be an issue in the future. I walked from my house so that I could enjoy a beer or two and not worry about DUI's.

And I agree with the comment about Cafe Do Brasil.

Blu, Othello's, Louie's Brookhaven?

Quote Originally Posted by palintheus View Post
    hmm, no decent ones in Norman then, thanks for the suggestions though, will have to check them out.
    The Library, The Mont, Joe's Taverna, The Deli, Bisonwitches, O'Connell's?

What are you looking for or consider good? Do you want live music or not, karaoke, pool tables, outside patio, etc. One person's idea of good does not equal another's. There are plenty of places to go in Norman - just depends on what you are looking for.

9. Default Re: Recommendation

Norman probably has the highest concentration of bars in the metro area. You can't swing a dead cat in a circle without hitting three of them.

But if you want to drive just LITTLE bit north, I can never resist the urge to talk up Dan McGuinness in Moore. It's about a mile west of 35 on 19th street. Best fish-n-chips in town. Best Bangers and Mash in town too. They've also got Smithwick's ON TAP BABY.

Thanks for all the suggestions, will try a few of them out. and yeah could have been more clear, but meh

The bar at Pepe Delgado's is small, but nice and fun. The Library is IMO the best bar in Norman. Blu, Joes Taverna and Bill and Dee's if you really want a great old place.

When I frequented these establishments, my persona favorite in Norman was Othello's. On the fringe of campus corner, it was rarely overrun by university age folks and seemed more favored by those 33-50+

It wasn't hip, wasn't gnarly, wasn't wall to wall flesh. In short, it was an enjoyable neighborhood bar, with the bonus of the great Othello food could be brought over to you as well.

othellos isnt the same, its been sold a few times since....most of their food is microwaved.

I agree with both Kevin and blangtang, I do love Othellos for it's atmosphere (even though I am one of those evil university-age folks) but the food is not that great, but go just down the street to Victoria's and you'll get some amazing Pasta. ( confession: I'm a pasta-nut, your own results may differ greatly)

Thread Information