What is the story behind these patchy looking postwar neighborhoods? the ones bound by Wilshire, Western, 122nd and Broadway Extension. Were they built as public housing for the poor, or were they nice ,well-to-do neighboorhoods at first? I find it odd that they are relatively newer homes built on an old-fashioned grid street layout and not curvilinear like most post war tract housing, and in College Park (the one by NW 122nd) it appears that several intersections were closed off and no one bothered to remove the extra concrete/asphalt. it looks like the streetwork existed for several decades before homes were built there, or maybe there were old houses that were bulldozed during Urban Renwal and these are the replacements (like the John F Kennedy Neighborhood in NE OKC).

It seems like an interesting area because i know little of how it came to be and why it's so poor and crime ridden when it's so close to one of the richest parts of the state. Was it public housing, or was it the result of blockbusting by unscrupulous realtors? I can't find much information about it, but it reminds me of the JFK neighborhood.

Maybe it will be redeveloped like that neighboorhood were Chesapeake is now. It used to look somewhat like this.