Widgets Magazine

Thread: Count Gregore

1. Default Count Gregore

Hey, we just got the confirmation that Oklahoma Icon Count Gregore will be a special guest at the Oklahoma Paranormal Conference. http://www.ghouli.com/ParanormalConference.htm
    We are so excited! I remember the Count from when I was a child staying up late watching scary movies (when I wasnt supposed to!!)
    I remember him best from KAUT Channel 43 late nights!
    http://myweb.wvnet.edu/e-gor/tvhorrorhosts/hostsc.html

We invite everyone to attend this year. One of the speakers is a modern day "Horror Host" by the name of Dr. Fear... he will be doing a visual history of Horror Movies at the Conference.
    (GREAT FOR FILM LOVERS!)

Click on the link above to read about all the speakers.

Our Emcee is Bradley Wynn of the Oklahoma FIlm Society... and we have established local Author David Farris (Mysterious Oklahoma 1 & 2)

THis will be great Halloween fun for everyone.
    And come and meet Count Gregore and get an autograph and your photo taken with him. We are so excited to have a great Oklahoma Icon like this to participate with the Conference!
    So welcome back Count Gregore!!!!
    it seems that my generation is on a quest to give him the recognition he deserves and its so great to remember him for the coolness that he offered for so many years!

Sorry I started another thread but this is seperate news than just the conference... I think its wonderful.
    And he is amazed with how many followers he has. (im not!!!) Gotta love those who appriciate the past!!!!!

2. Default Re: Count Gregore

Oh and real quick! If anyone would like to help out (volunteer) please contact me. We are doing a basket giveaway all proceeds go directly to the Shriners!
    We need product to fill out baskets!!you will be listed as a sponsor if you can help in anyway!!!

3. Default Re: Count Gregore

That is GREAT Spooky. Congrats. Gotta meet this Count for sure.

Bradley Guest

Default Re: Count Gregore

Cool - also thought it appropriate to revisit some of that nostalgia. We just completed getting the Count Gregore's theme music from an old 45 LP to an MP3 now available here:

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/countgregore/

Bradley Wynn

5. Default Re: Count Gregore

OMG! That SOOO rocks!!! (Hi Bradley!!) lol Small world huh?

6. Default Re: Count Gregore

Spookytourchick, what kind of items do you need for the baskets? I might be able to help out on that.

7. Default Re: Count Gregore

Oh wow! Thank you!!

Email me at tonya@ghouli.com

We need either idependant items or if you would like to go the extra mile...make an individualized basket in the name of your company.
    (make sure your ad information is listed) I can email you the information for the Tax write off... But all basket proceeds go to the Shriners Hospital. (We support the Tulsa Chapter in conjunction with the St.LOuis hospital)
    Its all up to you!

Shoot me an email! and THANK YOU in advance!!!

tonya@ghouli.com

8. Default Re: Count Gregore

take a peek at this weeks Gazette. the count is in there!

9. Default Re: Count Gregore

Just wanted to thank Delania & Leon for supporting the Conference this year. We raised a nice chunk of change for the Shriners!

Those who didnt attend the Conference, well, I wont go into detail but you pretty much missed out!

Count Gregore, we awarded him with a lifetime achievment award "for opening the minds and "spirits" of Oklahoma, very touching, and what a great guy he is! We later found out that he has NEVER in his life recieved any type of "award" ever. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.
    THe count is just a jewel of an Oklahoman, and I really hated to see that so many Oklahomans have taken him for granted over the years. THey enjoyed him and have so many memories with him growing up, staying up late watching his movies and such, then they jsut forget him! No he's not a real life hollywood Celebrity but he is an Oklahoma Icon. One to be remembered. So, those who didnt attend, yeah, im laying a guilt trip on ya, but yeah, You missed it!

Also, the speakers (not including myself) were just great, Hearing about Oklahoma Tales from Oklahomans is such a great thing.
    I am very proud of them all. For,Some this was the first time they spoke at such a venue and they did great.
    I did get good news, we had two Oklahoma authors at the conference, both promoting Oklahoma History and tales in their books, they sold pretty much ALL of their books.

Oklahoma's Film Society Bradley Wynn, was the best emcee EVER!
    I do ask that everyone supports local films and get involved, this is yet another part of Oklahoma that is overlooked and taken for granted.

I am not tooting my own horn, but I want to say that I am proud to have been involved with such a diverse group of people yesterday.
    We didnt make a dime on this event, but it was well worth it.
    I am just very sad to see that most Oklahomans are not interested in History and culture in our state. They preach it YES, they act on it, NO.

But I do think it was a learning lesson in life, for those who attended and that were involved enough to support this event.
    There is a bigger picture, just too damn bad that the mass majority of Oklahomans really dont care much about.

Was the conference a success? HECK YEAH it was.
    Will there be another? YES.
    Will it be in OKC? (hummm. Not sure so about that yet)

But a huge thank you to those who actually support culture in Oklahoma!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information