Widgets Magazine

Thread: The Pacific

Default The Pacific

Has anyone been watching HBO's WWII mini-series, "The Pacific?" It was produced by Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks. Each episode begins with a brief interview with a real WWII vet, then the series begins. It is a fictionalized account based on the memoirs of several Marines. The last episode aired this past weekend... all I can say about the series is WOW.

Whereas the Band of Brothers series was about the European conflict and focused more on the relationships of those guys, this series is about the war in the Pacific and really focuses more on the way it was and the hell that is war and what happens to each of the characters as time goes on.

They will be replaying the entire series on Memorial Day weekend. It's worth a watch.

2. Default Re: The Pacific

I really tried liking it.. I watched the first 3 episodes and I just couldn't get into it.. I didn't find it anywhere near engrossing as BoB..

Default Re: The Pacific

I agree with Fuzzytoad. It wasn't nearly as good as B.o.B. I watched the whole thing, and just felt like there was never that "connection" with the audience that brothers had.

I watched the first and the characters and storyline didn't interest me ... Was pretty excited about it being a huge fan of BOB

Thread Information