|image=
    |
    [/template]

Information & Latest News

Links

Project Website
    List of Owners
    Gallery

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	block422.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	135.8 KB 
ID:	4047   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	block423.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	4048   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	block424.jpg 
Views:	272 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	4049   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	block425.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	81.0 KB 
ID:	4050  

Default Re: Block 42 and The Hill to turn ground soon

Great news, I just need more patience.

Patrick Guest

Yup, housing will eventually come around.

I'm surprised the house on the Block 42 site hasn't collapsed since the fire.

The start of construction will be nice, if for nothing else, to tear down that eyesore!

The vacant house on the site of Block 42 is now down.

Once they get the remnants of the house cleared away, we should start to see things taking shape.

Patrick Guest

If anyone is interested in buying a condo in Block 42, here's the selling contacts:

http://www.chrisallenhomes.com/MyHom...?HomeID=285367

Too pricey for me.

If they're priced that highly, why do they need TIF money.

Again, this abuse is going to cause some serious problems for our schools in the long run. Building HIGH DENSITY housing generating zero tax dollars to help our schools is disasterous public policy.

Patrick Guest

Might actually help our schools, Midtowner. Think of the property taxes these homes will be generating for the OKC Public School System.

Patrick -- the property taxes are used to repay the TIF bond money -- or at least that's my understanding. That means that that until the bonds are paid off, the schools receive no money and more students (lose-lose).

I drove by yesterday. Just to clarify, yes the house is down, but not off the vacant lot. It was just "knocked down". The debris still has to be hauled off, but at least it is a start.

11. Default Re: Block 42 and The Hill to turn ground soon

Lots of dirt work going on and piers being poured at Block 42. Moving plenty of dirt at Maywood Park and it looks like some grass will be going down soon in the park part of Maywood Park. Very still on The Hill. Absolutely no construction activity of any kind going on. Not one shovel full of dirt has been turned. What's up with that?
    The Old Downtown Guy

It will take decades for Oklahoma City's
    downtown core to regain its lost gritty,
    dynamic urban character, but it's exciting
    to observe and participate in the transformation.

The Hill is a joke from Urban Renewal. They shouldn't have received the contract, and now what, they're delaying their already poor promises and comprimise of the land. Every other project that was announced after the Hill has already broken ground. The fact they are calling it the Hill in Bricktown when it is in Deep Deuce should say something about them trying to make a buck off the Bricktown name.

The Hill was award that contract well over a year ago and hasn't updated their website since Sept. of last year.

I also noticed that they are planning to build in 3 phases and they are no doubt trying to pre-sell as many units as possible before breaking ground.

In the meantime, other developments are going to beat them to market, making it much harder for them to get their luxo-prices.

I need to get in touch with someone from OCURA and find out what the heck is going on with these developers who never should have been chosen in the first place.

I drove by about 30 minutes ago. The foundation has been poured at Block 42 and the steel beam walls are already going up. They had a ton of construction workers on site and I thought I even saw Grant Humpreheys out there as well. Across the street at Central Avenue Villas it didn't look like much recent progress has been made. They are still slowing digging out the hole where the underground parking garage will be. The Hill looks like it will break ground just any day now. They had a construction trailer on site, a backhoe and a pickup and one of the dead end roads on the property was uprooted.

Thanks for all the updates, Metro!

They are particularly helpful to us out-of-towners.

I'll be in OKC in about a month and I look forward to seeing all the progress in person.

Just an update. I drove by Block 42 today and the brick and stone are already gone up on the west side of the complex. I'm guessing the entire project will be done this summer. "The Hill" has obviously broken ground for some time now. Looks like dirt work and utilities will wrap up here shortly and foundations will be poured soon.

17. Default Re: Block 42 and The Hill to turn ground soon

Block 42 is certainly moving the fastest, with the Centennial not far behind and Maywood Park moving along as well, especially with the street improvements. Now The Hill--well that's another story.

Default Re: Block 42

Wow - is this really THE Block 42 thread? No posts in 6 years? Weird Anyway was just looking at what might be available there and from what I found Block 42's completely sold out? Impressive!

HangryHippo Guest

That is odd. I really love this development and wish there were more in this style. Just a really cool building to me.

I think originally they were/are sold. But various units go on sale [fairly often] and smaller ones go for rent from time to time.

Currently one of the big 3000+ sq ft double top floors is for sale. Just shy of $700K.

Just found it curious that I can't find a website for them - any google results return just their HOA. I've checked availability from time to time just to see what's there so I thought it was odd that I couldn't even find their website! Only this that says sold out: The Humphreys Company

Quote Originally Posted by no1cub17 View Post
    Just found it curious that I can't find a website for them - any google results return just their HOA. I've checked availability from time to time just to see what's there so I thought it was odd that I couldn't even find their website! Only this that says sold out: The Humphreys Company
    Block 42 is not an apartment development that continues to sell units over time. Once all of their original units were sold there is not a need to maintain a website since the condos are now under private ownership and controlled by the HOA. If any units come up for resale they will be listed by a realtor or the owner themselves.

Anyone know what the scaffolding on the east is about?

24. Default Re: Block 42

Might just be repairs to the facade/siding. I know in the recent past it has looked pretty crappy in some spots.

25. Default Re: Block 42

It's still up, kind of perplexing. I was wondering the same.

Nice thing is I can take some photos of it and pass it off to non-OKCers as more new construction to add to our current boom. (Weird how projects like Central Avenue Villas, Block 42, Centennial, etc that were in the first post-MAPS wave no longer have a place in the development rundown)

Thread Information