Widgets Magazine

Thread: Moore War

Default Moore War

So who wins tonight?

As a Westmoore graduate, I would love to see Westmoore's winning streak (11 and counting) continue but that winning streak is not going to last forever so I think Moore will win tonight and break the winning streak but I really hope I am wrong though!

Default Re: Moore War

so this is still a big deal even though southmoore is now in the mix? -M

/bestmoore

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    So who wins tonight?

As a Westmoore graduate, I would love to see Westmoore's winning streak (11 and counting) continue but that winning streak is not going to last forever so I think Moore will win tonight and break the winning streak but I really hope I am wrong though!
    Westmoore looks like a safe pick to extend the streak tonight. Moore continues to struggle to regain at least some kind of momentum, and from what I've heard have had some struggles getting support from their own internal booster club. Not saying its impossible - Westmoore will start a new QB this season, with the biggest difference IMHO being his open-field running ability. Just seems like WM has the momentum in their direction this year. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    so this is still a big deal even though southmoore is now in the mix? -M

/bestmoore
    Yup. Each is a big rivalry game, but given the sheer age of the schools, the Moore War is still a bigger deal, I believe. Moore Classic (hah) is the program that seems to have suffered the most with the development of the other two schools...

Can anybody let me know the final score tonight since I have to work tonight? Thank you!

Westmoore is the best Moore! Go Jags!

Quote Originally Posted by KilgoreTrout View Post
    Westmoore is the best Moore! Go Jags!
    And they have been the past 11 years!

Moore War is still the real game for Moore schools. Southmoore lost all credibility with their recruiting and cheating. They're viewed as an outlaw program.

9. Default Re: Moore War

Final: Westmoore 62, Moore 14.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCDrummer77 View Post
    Final: Westmoore 62, Moore 14.
    Are you serious? Holy crap!! Awesome!!!

Is this the worst loss in Lions history and the biggest win over Moore in Westmoore history?

Does anybody know what is the all time series record now? I have been searching but no luck

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeesFan View Post
    Are you serious? Holy crap!! Awesome!!!

Is this the worst loss in Lions history and the biggest win over Moore in Westmoore history?

Does anybody know what is the all time series record now? I have been searching but no luck
    I want to say its something like 18-7, but I don't know that for a fact. I'm told Westmoore won the first six, then Moore won 7, and now Westmoore has won 12 in a row.

I was actually at the game, taking pics, and it was a ridiculous mismatch on the field. Westmoore ran at will - they took, I think, eight plays to score four touchdowns. They scored their first two on three snaps. Westmoore could have scored 100 if they'd wanted to, and I'm not exaggerating or trying to talk trash. Its apparently been really rough on Moore, and I know those kids work just as hard as the other two schools, so heck, I feel sorry for 'em. Don't know how you go about making them competitive again.

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post
    I want to say its something like 18-7, but I don't know that for a fact. I'm told Westmoore won the first six, then Moore won 7, and now Westmoore has won 12 in a row.

I was actually at the game, taking pics, and it was a ridiculous mismatch on the field. Westmoore ran at will - they took, I think, eight plays to score four touchdowns. They scored their first two on three snaps. Westmoore could have scored 100 if they'd wanted to, and I'm not exaggerating or trying to talk trash. Its apparently been really rough on Moore, and I know those kids work just as hard as the other two schools, so heck, I feel sorry for 'em. Don't know how you go about making them competitive again.
    Thank you! Yeah, I do feel sorry for Moore a little bit

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerDave View Post

This was the 28th time the two schools have played. I've seen every one of them. 25 regular season games and 3 times in the playoffs. The record is now 18 Westmoore and 10 Moore. Westmoore won the first 6, then Moore ran off 10 in a row, now Westmoore has won the last 12 in a row. The Moore team I saw last night was the worst I've seen in my 36 years in teh Moore school system. Westmoore ran 4 offensive plays and scored 3 touchdowns the first 3 times they had the ball. Westmoore played true freshmen on defense a good bit of the fourth quarter and ran nothing but base handoffs from about midway throught the 3 quarter on offense. It was BRUTAL. Most people in the Moore and Westmoore camp feel it is a shame at this point, what has happened to the once very good Moore program. The "school system" should be ashamed of what they have let happen. Letting Southmoore raid both of the other schools at will and openly recruit for the first 3 years of it's existance has KILLED the Moore program. It is sad and at this point I and many others don't see a recovery anytime soon. I'm a Westmoore person and I feel terrible for the Moore kids at this point. Most on the west side do.

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    This was the 28th time the two schools have played. I've seen every one of them. 25 regular season games and 3 times in the playoffs. The record is now 18 Westmoore and 10 Moore. Westmoore won the first 6, then Moore ran off 10 in a row, now Westmoore has won the last 12 in a row. The Moore team I saw last night was the worst I've seen in my 36 years in teh Moore school system. Westmoore ran 4 offensive plays and scored 3 touchdowns the first 3 times they had the ball. Westmoore played true freshmen on defense a good bit of the fourth quarter and ran nothing but base handoffs from about midway throught the 3 quarter on offense. It was BRUTAL. Most people in the Moore and Westmoore camp feel it is a shame at this point, what has happened to the once very good Moore program. The "school system" should be ashamed of what they have let happen. Letting Southmoore raid both of the other schools at will and openly recruit for the first 3 years of it's existance has KILLED the Moore program. It is sad and at this point I and many others don't see a recovery anytime soon. I'm a Westmoore person and I feel terrible for the Moore kids at this point. Most on the west side do.
    I sure do, because I know those kids work hard and want to play well and succeed as much as anyone. My kids go to Westmoore, but I graduated Moore 30 years ago, and while we weren't title material then, we were at least somewhat competitive. That game last night reminded me of last year's Westmoore game against U.S. Grant. It was ridiculous. Moore's D-line was just manhandled, and you could see before they ever started the stark difference in size and girth along the lines, everywhere. I do think, however, that their second QB (#15, don't recall his name) has a decent shot running that veer-option hybrid offense they were trying last night (at least from the field level that's what it looked like). Best thing they can do is try to shorten games, gobble up time as much as they can, try to grab little successes as they can. I sure wouldn't want to be their coach; it'd be an impossible job.

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER8693 View Post
    Thank you for the good read! What is the head to head record in the playoffs?

Thread Information