Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On Cue coming to Mustang

Mustang On Cue coming to Mustang

According to Mustang's city manager's report they have received plans for an On Cue on the SE corner of SH152 and Sara (SH4). They are supposed to have a groundbreaking ceremony on April 6th.

http://www.cityofmustang.org/sites/d..._-_3-13-15.pdf

Default Re: On Cue coming to Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by Zuplar View Post
    According to Mustang's city manager's report they have received plans for an On Cue on the SE corner of SH152 and Sara (SH4). They are supposed to have a groundbreaking ceremony on April 6th.

http://www.cityofmustang.org/sites/d..._-_3-13-15.pdf
    This will be huge for Mustang! Can't wait to see what comes next.

Hopefully something about the hotel they've been looking into as well as some more sit down restaurants.

Dairy Queen is coming as well.

East is about the only direction we have to develop. Lot of old farms are selling out that direction. A Dairy Queen! My Wife will swoon when she hears that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Dairy Queen is coming as well.
    Any idea where that's going?

He comes in and teases us with a DQ, then doesn't say where it's going to be.

It's going on the NW corner of SW 74th / Highway 152 and Mustang Road, just north of Arby's.

It's going on the NW corner of SW 74th / Highway 152 and Mustang Road, just north of Arby's.
    You sure about that? Reason I ask is the bank I work for owns that land and normally I would have heard something. I know a few years ago OnCue actually tried to buy it, but they wanted a lot of the parking lot and we couldn't guarantee them that.

Pretty darn sure from good sources.

Also, someone told me just two days ago they were taking core samples at that site.

Pretty darn sure from good sources.

Also, someone told me just two days ago they were taking core samples at that site.
    After I read that I text my boss who owns it so I'll see what he says. I know a couple months ago someone else I'm not going to mention tried to buy it, but when they sent the revised contracts they edited a bunch of stuff and didn't notify, so we said no thanks we don't deal with shady people.

As a point of comparison, DQ applied for building permits for their Quail Springs site long before the land sale closed.

I suspect they are very far along with their design work on this site and that the land sale will be announced sometime later.

Yeah understandable. Well I'm sure I'll find out for sure sometime today, although I know I'm not going to be able to confirm. We weren't overly motivated to sell the lot, really were looking for the right person, and I've thought it would be good for fast food although I was hoping for Chick-fil-a. I'm guessing once Pizza Hut moves this month that building/lot will come available. It really needs to be torn down.

I have heard DQ was coming to Mustang for about three years now. I will believe it when I see it. I hope it is. And I would have thought for sure a hotel would go in at 152 and Sara?

Quote Originally Posted by sgt. pepper View Post
    I have heard DQ was coming to Mustang for about three years now. I will believe it when I see it. I hope it is. And I would have thought for sure a hotel would go in at 152 and Sara?
    Yeah I don't really trust the rumor mill but if Pete has sources I put more faith in that. And once I hear back from my boss then I'll really know.

But FWIW, I talked with my boss, and he said he hadn't heard anything about anyone inquiring on the land since the last deal fell through. I joked with him and said you don't know it yet, but you are selling it to DQ. lol

Core samples were taken at that site in the last few days.

Core samples were taken at that site in the last few days.
    Now that you say that I remember seeing someone out there late last week when I was at Arbys. That got me and a co-worker talking about who would buy it and we had thought fast food. Just seems odd the owner has no knowledge of this.

Owner may be under strict instructions not to share info as part of the contract.

Happens all the time.

Thanks for the info, maybe there will be a formal announcement in the next month or so.

Gerald L. Gamble Co., Inc. - W. Side of Mustang Rd., N. of SW 74th, Mustang, Retail-Pad (land), 278 Ft. x 100 Ft. Site For Sale, Mustang, OK

The property in question for those interested. Probably deserves it's own thread at this point.

Saw them putting a coming soon sign up this morning on my way to work.

Another update on OnCue and also iHop in todays paper.

Thread Information