Widgets Magazine

Thread: Stock & Bond

Far North Stock & Bond

New steakhouse located in the First National Center:

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – A new restaurant that aims to celebrate Oklahoma City’s rich agricultural history is opening in downtown Oklahoma City.

Stock & Bond is set to open at The First National Center on Nov. 1.

“Apicii is thrilled to bring our own interpretation of the High Plains steakhouse to the iconic First National Center in Downtown Oklahoma City this fall,” says Apicii Founder and CEO Tom Dillon. “From the quality of our meats, to our collection of American whiskeys, to the transportive nature and craftsmanship in the restaurant’s design, we look forward to immersing the local community and travelers from afar into a true celebration of the region’s rich history of agriculture and ranching.”

Organizers say the restaurant’s design features heavy wood paneling, brass accents, and leather accents that will transport visitors back to the 1800s.
    More here: https://kfor.com/news/local/new-stea...TW-QWCrFn7UPBs

Default Re: Stock & Bond

Hours are 4 PM to 11 PM Tuesday through Saturday.

Awesome. Is that where the Chinese restaurant used to be? That was one of my mainstays.

The KFOR article capped their hours at 10 p.m. 11 p.m. would be way better.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Awesome. Is that where the Chinese restaurant used to be? That was one of my mainstays.

https://www.stockandbond.com/location/stock-and-bond/

website says 4-11

5. Default Re: Stock & Bond

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post

I miss being able to go in there in the morning and getting a breakfast bagel and cigarettes.

I wonder if this is going to be a massive **** show like Bob's opening.

Quote Originally Posted by zefferoni View Post
    I miss being able to go in there in the morning and getting a breakfast bagel and cigarettes.
    Haha yes! I think it may have even allowed smoking at one point, lol.

But it was the best cheap breakfast in town.

I was saddened when the arcade closed and they shut down.

Awesome whiskey menu. Food menu is pretty routine steakhouse fare. Nothing popped out as different so hope their execution sets them apart as there are some pretty good steakhouses in OKC. Setting looks great. Excited to hear reviews and try it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    Awesome whiskey menu. Food menu is pretty routine steakhouse fare. Nothing popped out as different so hope their execution sets them apart as there are some pretty good steakhouses in OKC. Setting looks great. Excited to hear reviews and try it myself.
    I’ve had multiple folks tell me the Salmon Crispy Rice is one of the best appetizers in the city. I’m definitely excited to go try it

We gave it a go for my birthday on Tuesday. Six of us went, All have been to many steak restaurants. Unfortunately, it will not be a place we add to our rotation anytime soon. Hopefully they get the kinks worked out as the space is great.

Ambiance: Cool space with great view of the street. We were sat in the north room by the windows in a long room. The noise was unbearable. The music was not super loud but loud enough with the addition of all the table being full that everyone at every table was having to yell to be heard. 5-10 minutes after seating us, my 22 year old daughter with excellent hearing comes around the table to tell us that she can't hear a word of the conversation even though we were all talking very loud. First time I have ever asked to be resat. Ironically, the quietiest area in the place is the area in the bar. They were gracious in moving us.

I will start with the good. The have what may be the best mac and cheese in the city. Penne pasta stood on end and cheese sauce on top and baked. Was excellent. The onion rings are very good also. Thinly cut and lightly breaded. Staff is very personable.

The bad: Steaks were very chewy and tough including the Snake River waygu strip. My son had to aggressively use the knife on the wagyu. We did not mention it as they were close but the steaks were either slightly undercooked or slightly overcooked, Two were supposed to be med rare and one was rare and one was medium. Not bad enough to mention and I am sure they would have fixed if we asked. The $150 seafood tower is small and unimpressive. The lobster tails they add some type of dressing to so you can't taste the lobster, The colossal shrimp were excellent though. The oysters were fishy and did not taste fresh. Several people commented that the food all tasted salty to them.

The ugly: Service was slow and painful We sat down at 645. We got apps right at 745 and entrees arrived right at 840-845. Drink service was very slow with empty glasses and long waits between getting the next drink. They spilt the truffle fries all over the table which happens so not a big deal but just added to the night.

Credit is due that they recognized that the evening was sub par as even though we did not complain or ask for anything, they automatically discounted my bill on their own accord taking off my entree and several drinks.

Not anything to do with S&B but The National needs to add some directional signage at the base of the escalators. I have been there several times now going to different places and have to go to the top of the escalator to ask where the specific place is located. S&B is on the main floor around the corner down the hallway btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepnokc View Post
    We gave it a go for my birthday on Tuesday. Six of us went, All have been to many steak restaurants. Unfortunately, it will not be a place we add to our rotation anytime soon. Hopefully they get the kinks worked out as the space is great.

Ambiance: Cool space with great view of the street. We were sat in the north room by the windows in a long room. The noise was unbearable. The music was not super loud but loud enough with the addition of all the table being full that everyone at every table was having to yell to be heard. 5-10 minutes after seating us, my 22 year old daughter with excellent hearing comes around the table to tell us that she can't hear a word of the conversation even though we were all talking very loud. First time I have ever asked to be resat. Ironically, the quietiest area in the place is the area in the bar. They were gracious in moving us.

I will start with the good. The have what may be the best mac and cheese in the city. Penne pasta stood on end and cheese sauce on top and baked. Was excellent. The onion rings are very good also. Thinly cut and lightly breaded. Staff is very personable.

The bad: Steaks were very chewy and tough including the Snake River waygu strip. My son had to aggressively use the knife on the wagyu. We did not mention it as they were close but the steaks were either slightly undercooked or slightly overcooked, Two were supposed to be med rare and one was rare and one was medium. Not bad enough to mention and I am sure they would have fixed if we asked. The $150 seafood tower is small and unimpressive. The lobster tails they add some type of dressing to so you can't taste the lobster, The colossal shrimp were excellent though. The oysters were fishy and did not taste fresh. Several people commented that the food all tasted salty to them.

The ugly: Service was slow and painful We sat down at 645. We got apps right at 745 and entrees arrived right at 840-845. Drink service was very slow with empty glasses and long waits between getting the next drink. They spilt the truffle fries all over the table which happens so not a big deal but just added to the night.

Credit is due that they recognized that the evening was sub par as even though we did not complain or ask for anything, they automatically discounted my bill on their own accord taking off my entree and several drinks.

Not anything to do with S&B but The National needs to add some directional signage at the base of the escalators. I have been there several times now going to different places and have to go to the top of the escalator to ask where the specific place is located. S&B is on the main floor around the corner down the hallway btw.
    Just curious what your last positive review was. Seems like all of yours are negative. Maybe I'm missing the positive ones.

Quote Originally Posted by chssooner View Post
    Just curious what your last positive review was. Seems like all of yours are negative. Maybe I'm missing the positive ones.
    That review was balanced. He cited both good and bad. Much is expected when charged at that price point. A less than honest review serves nobody.

If you must know......Looks like i had 5 restaurant reviews after eating there in last 12 months of which two were bad, two were great and the last one before S&B was that it is good but we preferred Empire as it was more substantial. I try to be honest and balanced with saying what is good and bad. I think OKCtalk has an option though where you can put someone on ignore or block so feel free. Won't hurt my feelings.

Actually, his review was fantastic, had tons of details (both good and bad) about the food, service, and ambiance. Much, much, much preferable to the one-liner reviews that basically say "food's great, service is fantastic, go there!!!". I tend to do the same thing with my reviews - give people all the details and they can make a much more informed decision.

jeep - you should forward that to the restaurant, even if they recognized the problems, just so it might get to people that should know about it that might not have been there that night.

we went to S&B Friday evening with friends for our holiday Dinner. we all enjoyed it and would definitely go back. The setting was comfortable and warm lighting and by end of meal the room was a bit louder, but we were all able to talk at a table of 4 and not yell and hear conversation just fine. we were sat in the room that is next to the kitchen pass. Our dinner companions ordered the colossal Shrimp cocktail, the Shrimp were indeed Colossal and served with 3 and cocktail sauce. I did not partake but everyone was satisfied but thought serving of 4 would make more sense but they were large. One diner had the Beet and Goat cheese Salad which had Tomato not listed in description. 3 of us do not like fresh tomato but all had to taste it because she was raving about them so. the Tomato seemed to be pickled and I'd definitely have the Salad next trip. my partner and another diner both had the Short Rib Ravioli. Me and my Partner tend to share our entrees and I had a few of the Ravioli's which were very rich and flavorful. the other Diner had the Crab Cakes and she enjoyed them, but the salad won her over and wished she they just had a larger Salad, and she would have had that alone. I had the Snake River Wagyu Manhattan Strip/ Medium rare. Steak had a wonderful crust, and the interior was perfectly cooked. the steak melted in my mouth not chewy or tough at all. all the fat was buttery with a nice exterior crunch. My partner finished the steak off of what I didn't finish. we also had the Root vegetable gratin, while it wasn't bad, I would skip it and try a different side next time.
    Cocktails we had wine, Old Fashion and The Millionaire. I am not a fan of bourbon but i could drink the Millionaire and be perfectly content. was well balanced.
    Our server was very pleasant, and our drinks were tended to promptly.
    We will definitely be back.

after we walked the banking hall and took in the Christmas Decorations and then down to the Vault for a cocktail. was surprised the Vault wasn't very busy but it did pick up after the thunder game.

Thread Information