Widgets Magazine

Thread: The Curbside Chronicle--have you read a copy?

Default The Curbside Chronicle--have you read a copy?

Yesterday was the first time I ever purchased a copy of "The Curbside Chronicle." I know the back story, of course, but I was amazed at how good the content was.
    Has anyone else here purchased or read this publication?
    If so, what did you think of it?

Default Re: The Curbside Chronicle--have you read a copy?

Quote Originally Posted by old okie View Post
    Yesterday was the first time I ever purchased a copy of "The Curbside Chronicle." I know the back story, of course, but I was amazed at how good the content was.
    Has anyone else here purchased or read this publication?
    If so, what did you think of it?
    The magazines are relatively high quality and do feature good articles. I like that they not only have stories about the struggles of some of their vendors, but they also incorporate them into the book/movie reviews, etc. It's a great and growing organization and it has been nice to see the green aprons popping up around the heavy traffic intersections vs. panhandlers.

For those that don't know they pay $0.75 per copy and sell them for a suggest price of $2.00. They're working on getting more vendors working downtown as well.

Yep, bought and read a few copies, great idea, nice slick mag, hope they can sustain it (like Streetwise in Chicago, which is a big success, if I remember right). Their recent article about Wayne Coyne was probably better than most national magazine stories about him...

I've been offered these at intersections but have never bought one. I will now though, it sounds like it's well done. A lot of writer and creative types suffer terribly from mental disorders and I'm not surprised the content is good. I talked to a homeless guy back when there was a roast beef place attached to the convenience store at 40th and Penn. I was blown away at the wide breadth of knowledge this man had regarding international affairs. He was spouting off countries and leaders, former leaders, coalitions, etc. that I knew to all be true. I asked him what happened (in a kind way) and he said it was prescription drugs and he literally had no place to call home. He was very intelligent and it's sad to think of the potential that sits on corners all day. There but for the grace.....

Thread Information