Widgets Magazine

Thread: Blaze Pizza

Far North Blaze Pizza

Haven't seen a thread about this place yet. They are located on the southern side of Memorial between May and Penn, in the space where the old Nothing But Noodles and then Lotsa Noodles was located. Looks like another baked-to-order option similar to Revolve. I did give them a try today and a pizza (build your own, don't think there was a limit on toppings) and drink came $10.67. They look to have a good selection of toppings, and also have salads to pick from. I visited shortly before 3pm and there was only one other person in there, but the place looked nice and the pizza was pretty good.

Blaze Pizza
    2410 W. Memorial Rd.
    Oklahoma City, OK 73134
    (405) 753-6165

Open: 10am to 10pm

http://www.blazepizza.com/locations/oklahoma-city/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blaze.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	12487

Default Re: Blaze Pizza

Have you tried revolve, and if so how does it compare?

I walked in, saw it was a build your own pizza set up, walked out and drove to 5 guys.

I actually liked it just a little bit better than Revolve, but I have only been once to either place so far. Both are very quick with their cool time. You probably wait as long for your pizza there after ordering as you would waiting for a burger at 5 Guys or Tucker's.

I may give it a go. I didn't like Revolve very much.

We're fans of Blaze and it has replaced Revolve for us...

It's one price for as many toppings as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    We're fans of Blaze and it has replaced Revolve for us...

It's one price for as many toppings as you wish.
    I've only gone to Revolve once, so I wasn't sure about this and didn't want to mention it in case I didn't remember right. But I was thinking that Blaze also has more variety in toppings? At least it seemed that way for stuff that I enjoy, such as different cheeses, roasted onions, and sauces.

It is a good replacement for the Noodle place. I really like the original noodle place that was there years ago, but the "new noodle" place never lived up to the previous version.

I have heard good things about Blaze and Your Pie. Wife and I recently went to Pie Five in Moore and thought it was very good; also one price for however many toppings you want. Been to Revolve twice now and was very underwhelmed both times. Like I mentioned previously, I thought the space was beautiful. However, the pizza lacked flavor. Also, don't know how Blaze or Your Pie is, but at Pie Five, we paid for and received our pizza at the same time. So it was very similar to chipotle and other build your own/fast casual type restaurants. Got our food immediately. At Revolve, we built our pizza, paid, then sat down and had to wait for it. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of this type of restaurant? I would love for them to succeed in their downtown space, as it is a great location and the space is beautiful. Really hope this "restructuring" will fix things for them

I waited about 4 minutes for mine after I paid. It's not instant like most fast food places, but I think it didn't take any longer than places like 5 Guys, Panera, or Tucker's.

It was slow when I went, so I have no idea what the times would be like during rush times.

9. Default Re: Blaze Pizza

Finally made it around to visiting this place. Confirmed better than revolve. I only went the one time, but I thought that Blaze had more variety in cheese/sauce. I added too many toppings to my pizza though and it was a bit floppy though.

Just had for lunch today. it is surperb

12. Default Re: Blaze Pizza

Had it the other night. Very good. I wish they would cut out that first step in the ordering process. Seems a bit redundant

I ate here the other day as well. One of the gentlemen behind the counter could use an attitude adjustment, but other than that, the food was really good!

My wife and I have been to Blaze twice and really liked it. If you like spicy foods, their spicy pizza sauce has some bite to it! Too much for me and my raw Thai chili eating wife even thought it was pretty spicy.

^ yes, their spicy pizza sauce is noticeably spicy!

16. Default Re: Blaze Pizza

Been there a few times now. Everyone that's been with me has really liked the place. Setup is spacious, the staff has always been very friendly and the pie and price is great.

My wife and I get full sharing one pie and when I'm not sharing I take half home for later.

The topping always seem fresh and the thinner crust is excellent.

We've also done their take on a s'more for dessert (very good).

Definitely my goto place when I'm hungry in that area and don't have a lot of time and don't want table service.

My only fear is they've never been very busy when I've been there - however I do intentionally often eat at non-traditional times.

Below are the two recent pies that were ordered when I was there just two days ago.

Name:	IMG_8084.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	13236

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    Been there a few times now. Everyone that's been with me has really liked the place. Setup is spacious, the staff has always been very friendly and the pie and price is great.

My wife and I get full sharing one pie and when I'm not sharing I take half home for later.

The topping always seem fresh and the thinner crust is excellent.

We've also done their take on a s'more for dessert (very good).

Definitely my goto place when I'm hungry in that area and don't have a lot of time and don't want table service.

My only fear is they've never been very busy when I've been there - however I do intentionally often eat at non-traditional times.

Below are the two recent pies that were ordered when I was there just two days ago.

Name:	IMG_8084.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	13236
    I had the same concerns about a seeming lack of customers but I also tend to eat at restaurants at "off" times. Last time we were at Blaze, we walked in and there was nobody ordering pizza so we placed our orders and by the time we got our pizzas, I counted 17 people in the line!! One of those "we got here at just the right time..." moments.

Thread Information