Widgets Magazine

Thread: Michelin Guide is coming to Texas

Default Michelin Guide is coming to Texas

Interesting development here. Michelin has been bi-coastal plus Chicago almost exclusively in the US. Could this signal a turning point?

With this announcement that they will now be reviewing restaurants in Texas, their focus will be on the big Texas urban areas: DFW, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston.

Is there some way OKC can get in on this action? (We're practically a northern suburb of DFW)

https://austin.eater.com/2024/7/16/2...ng-coming-2024

Default Re: Michelin Guide is coming to Texas

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Interesting development here. Michelin has been bi-coastal plus Chicago almost exclusively in the US. Could this signal a turning point?

With this announcement that they will now be reviewing restaurants in Texas, their focus will be on the big Texas urban areas: DFW, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston.

Is there some way OKC can get in on this action? (We're practically a northern suburb of DFW)

https://austin.eater.com/2024/7/16/2...ng-coming-2024
    We're practically a northern suburb of DFW? Oklahoma City is it's own city, however depending If you count the cities in the DFW CSA or not Durant can be considered a DFW Suburb

Quote Originally Posted by TornadoKegan View Post
    We're practically a northern suburb of DFW? Oklahoma City is it's own city, however depending If you count the cities in the DFW CSA or not Durant can be considered a DFW Suburb
    I just got my sarcasm meter recalibrated this week. Pretty sure his last paragraph was at least a bit tongue in cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I just got my sarcasm meter recalibrated this week. Pretty sure his last paragraph was at least a bit tongue in cheek.
    I think we need to start calling it the DFWOKC Metriplex. The Tri-cities of the South. Dee-fwok-see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I think we need to start calling it the DFWOKC Metriplex. The Tri-cities of the South. Dee-fwok-see.
    Rolls right off the tongue.

Dee-fwok-see.
    wasn't that one of the characters from the tv show, kung fu?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    wasn't that one of the characters from the tv show, kung fu?
    Dang...here I thought I was a brilliant, visionary genius. And now I find out I am an Intellectual Property Appropriator.

my friends band on twitter has been trying HARD the last couple years to coin the phrase 'Braums Region'

for real tho, about time, I kind of hate Texas but Houston is arguably the best food city in America and there are absolutely multi star eligible restaurants in Houston, Austin and probably Dallas lol

I mean, Texas is where like, America is these days, it's silly to not include it. DFW Metro is damn near as big as the Chicago metro and Houston is right behind.

City of Austin GDP is as high as the state of Oklahoma, DFW Metro is 3 times the GDP of the state of Oklahoma, Houston metro 2.5 times OK State GDP, It's an absolute Juggernaut, not including Texas in the Michelin Guide is like not including Spain, or France

Thread Information