Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andy B’s Entertainment & Bowling

Default Andy B’s Entertainment & Bowling

Heritage Lanes Bowling at NW 122nd & Penn will be converted into an upscale entertainment and bowling venue:

“Andy B’s Entertainment & Bowling Centers has announced that the company has made the decision to convert their existing traditional bowling center, Chamber member Heritage Lanes in Oklahoma City, into a new Andy B’s Entertainment & Bowling Center.

This stunning new Andy B’s location will feature a state-of-the-art bowling experience with a private VIB bowling area, an arcade that will house a captivating array of games, an upscale restaurant & bar with large, high-definition video screens, axe throwing, football bowling, meeting/party room, plus more exciting attractions to be announced later.”

- https://www.velocityokc.com/blog/mem...ack=super_blog

Default Re: Andy B’s Entertainment & Bowling

This may be the only way they can survive, but I wonder if even this is a gamble with two similar places roughly a mile away and from each other?

This leaves OKC proper with two (2) sanctioned bowling alleys; that is, where official leagues that could happen upon lanes that are officially certified. Their dropping their sanction (they're no longer listed on the OKC USBC site) leads me to think that they might use non-conforming string pinsetters, like the do at their center in Midwest City. They'll still have leagues, but they'll be the "social" type. Great news for Boulevard Lanes (now the closest sanctioned center to the circling Heritage), bad news for commuting bowlers. Maybe Main Event might apply for certification to grab some of the local traffic.

That's cool, and it's nice to see this bowling alley getting some love. It's been 20 years since I used to bowl there...

It does floor me that this will be the 3rd of this type of venue within a fairly small area (along with Main Event and Round 1). Top Golf could probably be grouped in as well. There's some great entertainment density building in that area.

The renovations have apparently been put on hold until April 2023.

Default Andy B's Coming to OKC

I see where Andy B's will be taking over the Heritage Bowling Center at 11917 N. Pennsylvania. I saw a building permit issue was either pending or issued? It appears it is going to be a major renovation which will include elevated dining, laser tag, bowling, arcade games, virtual reality, billiards etc. They have locations in Branson and Springfield MO, Tulsa, Denton, Texas and Bartlett, TN.

https://www.bowlandybs.com/

Heritage Lanes at NW 122nd and Penn is set to be converted to a new location for Andy B's Entertainment.

The new facility will feature traditional bowling, VIP bowling, and duckpin bowling as well as axe throwing, a large arcade with virtual reality and a redemption room, billiards, shuffleboard, and a full-service restaurant and bar.

The project will involve removing 18 of the 40 original bowl lanes to make way for the various new amenities.

Andy B's acquired Heritage Lanes in 1999 from Brunswick Bowling Centers. The building permit shows a $5 million renovation, not including furniture, fixtures, and equipment.

Andy B's currently operates in Tulsa, Springfield, Branson, Deton and Bartlet, TN.

They hope to start construction near the end of March with a reopening date in the fall of 2023.

Hey Pete, can you confirm the office building is what is being converted instead of the bowling alley which is just a building to the south of the pictured building?

Wow, this is the first I've heard about this project. Looks like an amazing transformation of the old bowling alley. I have lots of good memories, though, of Heritage Lanes, from going to league nights with my dad when I was a kid (and the air was thick with cigarette smoke and cheap beer), to league nights of my own, to taking my kids to bowl there.

I look forward to this renovation.

Quote Originally Posted by jdross1982 View Post
    Hey Pete, can you confirm the office building is what is being converted instead of the bowling alley which is just a building to the south of the pictured building?
    It's the bowling alley. Arrow must be in the wrong place by mistake.

10. Default Re: Andy B’s Entertainment & Bowling

Andy B's has owned it since 1999? There's no way they've held it for 24 years and only now doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    Andy B's has owned it since 1999? There's no way they've held it for 24 years and only now doing something.
    They bought it 6/30/99.

12. Default Re: Andy B’s Entertainment & Bowling

That's nuts! Better super late than never, I suppose.

13. Default Re: Andy B’s Entertainment & Bowling

Quote Originally Posted by Joe K View Post
    This may be the only way they can survive, but I wonder if even this is a gamble with two similar places roughly a mile away and from each other?

This leaves OKC proper with two (2) sanctioned bowling alleys; that is, where official leagues that could happen upon lanes that are officially certified. Their dropping their sanction (they're no longer listed on the OKC USBC site) leads me to think that they might use non-conforming string pinsetters, like the do at their center in Midwest City. They'll still have leagues, but they'll be the "social" type. Great news for Boulevard Lanes (now the closest sanctioned center to the circling Heritage), bad news for commuting bowlers. Maybe Main Event might apply for certification to grab some of the local traffic.
    If Andy B's converts to those HORRIBLE string pinsetters, I will never bowl there. They are horrible and don't allow for much pin action!

Every time I see this thread pop-up I immediately think of Andy Alligator's lol

Duckpin bowling is fun! Andretti's should also have that when it opens.

Wow. Is that old Food 4 Less shopping center completely vacant? I worked one summer at a sports bar in that shopping center. That's sad to see.

Work has started:

Quote Originally Posted by mr. Cotter View Post
    duckpin bowling is fun! Andretti's should also have that when it opens.
    how did you know about andretti's in january?

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorTaco View Post
    how did you know about andretti's in january?
    Because I posted they were likely coming before then.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Because I posted they were likely coming before then.
    wow very sneaky

Some interior photos from their FB page.

They hope to open in October but haven't set an exact date.

Wow! That looks like it's going to be pretty nice. Looking forward to it.

They've started to hire but they've pushed the opening until sometime in November.

Happened to drive past this weekend and noticed the giant B at the front entrance. Pretty impressive!

Thread Information