Widgets Magazine

Thread: Papa Murphy's Pizza

Default Papa Murphy's Pizza

Has anyone else eatin here?!? It's in the shopping center NW of Douglas and Reno. The pizza is pre-made with whatever you want... u just go home and put it in the oven. It's really really good and very affordable!! I got a medium pizza (Meat Lovers), medium pizza pan of cinnamon roll, and a good size thing of choclolate chip cookie dough for under $20.. Needless to say I took the night off from the gym!;-) Anyways, I was curious if anyone else has tried it and what were your thoughts?

2. Default Re: Papa Murphy's Pizza

it is a good pizza place, even though its an evil chain. omg, nooo!

Default Re: Papa Murphy's Pizza

Why is it evil? Am i missing something?

4. Default Re: Papa Murphy's Pizza

It's the same as the place that used to be in the same shopping center....that failed misserably. So I would expect it to fail soon.

We go to the one at 30th and Rockwell all the time. Its usually pretty busy. Love the pizzas and the cinnamon rolls. Beats PH and PI. Its fast and the employess are very friendly. I dont see the one over here going out of business anytime soon.

6. Default Re: Papa Murphy's Pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Watson410 View Post
    Why is it evil? Am i missing something?
    have you ever noticed that the majority of the posters seem to detest chain restaurants? just a subtle poke at them.

There's a Papa Murphy's going in on the corner of Hefner and Roxboro directly across the street from Domino's and the Post Office, in NW OKC (Hefner and Council).

Lord Helmet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by fromdust View Post
    have you ever noticed that the majority of the posters seem to detest chain restaurants? just a subtle poke at them.
    It's not about being anti-chain as much as it is about supporting local businesses

Besides, you can get mediocre chain pizza anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Helmet View Post
    It's not about being anti-chain as much as it is about supporting local businesses

Besides, you can get mediocre chain pizza anywhere.
    Papa Murphy's stores are nearly all franchised. The largest franchisee owns 40 stores according to what I've read.

Franchises can be local businesses, depending on where the franchise holder lives. I don't think all the chain-bashing is necessarily warranted. At some level, local folks are making money either way. Why look down on somebody for wanting to cash in on the success of a known brand?

I see there is Papa Murphy's Pizza on South Western across 7-11

Papa Murphy's has all the other "chains" beat hands down. Take n Bake is about the freshest you can get. Pizza Hut, Mazzio's can't even come close. We live in Mustang and will drive to the store on 89th and Western once a month. The employees are always friendly, you watch them make your pizza and for $15 you've got yourself a meal.

Try the calzone! Talk about a meal!

And I challenge any poster that they don't stop at some sort of chain for something or other at least once a week, if not daily.

^
    just so nobody goes looking in the wrong place, that's sw 119th & western! -M

Quote Originally Posted by Millie View Post
    Franchises can be local businesses, depending on where the franchise holder lives. I don't think all the chain-bashing is necessarily warranted. At some level, local folks are making money either way. Why look down on somebody for wanting to cash in on the success of a known brand?
    +1

Agree completely. There's way too much "its a chain, therefore it sucks" around here.

Quote Originally Posted by mmm View Post
    ^
    just so nobody goes looking in the wrong place, that's sw 119th & western! -M
    LOL! Thanks for the redirection! The truck knows how to get there!

We've been there a half-dozen times or more. I find their pies to be better than any delivery, and almost, but not quite, as good as Godfather's (was). After you've cooked a few in your own oven, you can get the crust exactly how you want it.
    Hell, I even went out and bought a pizza peel (big wooden paddle, for you common people) to cook their pies.
    The manager was quick to point out that they are NOT the same take-and-bake chain that previously failed just around the corner. (THAT place might have been OK, but I could never get anyone competent enough to complete a sale.)

Yeah PMs is pretty good. I dearly miss me some Godfathers! I nearly died when I was up in south Kansas City last year and saw a still open Godfathers store, too bad I didnt have time to partake!

Thread Information