Widgets Magazine

Thread: "Brookhaven No. 41" (36th Ave NW and Rock Creek) Development Approved

Default "Brookhaven No. 41" (36th Ave NW and Rock Creek) Development Approved

From the attachments entered into council minutes:

"This development will provide approximately 40 single family residential lots. The neighboring subdivisions in the general area of this proposed development currently consist of single family residences, multi-family complexes and apartments. Most of these developments are in ongoing construction phases. The major, immediate, neighboring developments are: Brookhaven No. 40 Addition (R-1 residential to the west), The Falls at Brookhaven Addition (RM-6, multi-family apartments to the north) and Brookhaven Mansions Addition (RM-6, multi-family senior independent living center, to the east) and commercial (C-1) developments further to the northeast. The proposed Brookhaven Addition PUD will comprise high-end, single-family "townhouse" type homes (similar to previous developments of the Brookhaven Square Additions) with minimum front yards, and parking access to vehicular garages from alleyways extending behind the structures."

PUD Narrative:

http://norman.legistar.com/View.ashx...4-322701A19306

Site Plan:

http://norman.legistar.com/View.ashx...C-6D8A103960C9

Unanimous approval by the planning comission; city council approved 07/10:

http://norman.legistar.com/Legislati...B-C7F08895AEC4

Site Plan Image:

sitePlan.jpg

Default Re: "Brookhaven No. 41" (36th Ave NW and Rock Creek) Development Approved

Unfortunately with the way these narratives are worded, and the low-quality imagery that is submitted, there really is no way to know what these units will look like until they are up. UNP has already proven "high end" means radically different things to different people.

Perhaps most interesting is the description of all the building that is going on or is planned for that area. A sleepy little corner of the city will soon have a retirement community, a new apartment complex, two town-home additions, and more commercial (rumored to be a Wal-Mart). Guess the council has decided this isn't dense enough to worry about in their density discussions....

Default Re: "Brookhaven No. 41" (36th Ave NW and Rock Creek) Development Approved

I don't know that I'd call it a sleepy little corner of the city anymore. Of course it was at one time.

Don Cies and the Brookhaven developers are near genius level, especially if they are on the 40 something version of it. Heck, now they are building "Mansions" for old people, which surely aren't mansions. People love that sh*t!

What do you think of that mobile home park over on the west side? I had a friend in college who parked his dad's 5th wheel there for a semester and it was a fun time!

Anyway, I suppose the city has to come up with some justification for building that new bridge over I-35 and into UNP. I will have to go drive over that bridge sometime and see what point it serves.

I've been talking to my business savvy friend and he is convinced the west Norman area could easily support a higher end "gentlemen's club". After all the only tittie bar in Norman is Suger's on Campus Corner, which is definitely low end. What do you think about a higher end strip club in that part of town?

HangryHippo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blangtang View Post
    I've been talking to my business savvy friend and he is convinced the west Norman area could easily support a higher end "gentlemen's club". After all the only tittie bar in Norman is Suger's on Campus Corner, which is definitely low end. What do you think about a higher end strip club in that part of town?
    hahaha. Tell me you weren't serious with this...?

Little Boomers
    Wishbones
    Tight Ends
    Hashmarks
    Red Zone
    Hail Marys
    Kickers
    Score!

I'll leave it to others to decide if these are potential establishment names or simply proposed menu selections from a bar.

Does anyone know if the apartment/condo for lease or own? How much the average cost ($/sq ft) will be? TIA

Thread Information