Widgets Magazine

Thread: La Baguette

Northwest OKC La Baguette

http://www.labaguettebistro.com/

Noticed La Baguette didn't have much of an official thread, so I thought I'd start one. I've noticed the new downtown location is much more packed than it was when it was Soleil.

Celebrate Bastille Day!

Celebrate Bastille Day

Today may be Bastille Day...but La Baguette Restaurant is celebrating ALL WEEK! Now through Saturday, July 18, visit La Baguette Restaurant and enjoy a delicious 3 COURSE MEAL for only $17.89!

You can choose Soupe du Jour or House Mixed Greens, Baked Salmon with a Dill Cream Sauce or Grilled Skirt Steak with a Shallot Butter and House Sorbet or Chocolate Mousse.

Bastille Day is a French celebration held on the first anniversary of the storming of the Bastille on JULY 14, 1789 (hence the cost is $17.89); the anniversary of the storming of the Bastille fortress-prison was seen as a symbol of the uprising of the modern nation, and the reconciliation of all the French inside the constitutional monarchy which preceded the First Republic, during the French Revolution.

Default Re: La Baguette

mmm. I won't have time for dinner, but I will certainly stop by the bakery and have a fruit tart and cream puff to celebrate this week!

Does anyone know if they have a little bakery/take home area at the downtown location?

they don't

5. Default Re: La Baguette

Quote Originally Posted by tuck View Post
    they don't
    ....As of yet.

The problem is that Devon lobbied hard for the change to La Baguette. In order for the name to be used, we are required to have a bakery. However, Devon doesn't want to pay for the water lines to be run to the area most logical for installation and the Buthion's don't either.

We are now considering using the Sunset Room as an alternative.

Do you know if the Bastille Day special is just for the Downtown location, or also at the May location?

I'm pretty sure the email I got said both locations.

I drove by the downtown location last night and it looked like they had a good crowd.

La Baguette leaving Colcord Hotel
    By Brian Brus
    Journal Record
    Oklahoma City reporter - Contact 405-278-2837
    Posted: 06:34 PM Thursday, January 13, 2011

OKLAHOMA CITY – Management changes at the Colcord Hotel in Oklahoma City will displace La Baguette Restaurant after five years downtown, restaurant co-owner Alain Buthion confirmed Thursday.

“I guess they don’t need us anymore,” Buthion said. “But it was tough for us to survive the Devon construction anyway. Unless there was a basketball game downtown, business was slow.”

He and his brother, Michel Buthion, have operated their French restaurant on N. May Avenue for more than 20 years. The downtown restaurant was a recent expansion that served the business well enough, Alain Buthion said.

But shortly after it was announced this week that John Williams was leaving as general manager of the Skirvin Hilton Hotel to head operations at the Colcord, the Buthions were told the restaurant’s lease relationship in the Colcord also will be terminated. Alain Buthion said he has not yet been given all the details.

The Colcord is owned by Devon Energy, which is building a new skyscraper headquarters nearby. A Devon spokeswoman confirmed Williams will also assist in designing and planning food service operations throughout the Devon Energy Center.

“They are hiring a new manager to control the tower, the hotel and the restaurant, so they are cleaning out the house,” Alain Buthion said. “We don’t know the exact date. We may relocate someplace else after looking at the market. We’ll see.”

When asked to clarify the matter, Devon spokeswoman Alesha Leemaster said, “It’s premature to speculate at this time what changes might occur under John Williams’ management.”

I don't know all the facts, but it seems underhanded to leave a restaurant twisting in the wind during construction, and then terminate their lease. I understand that there have been financial concessions downtown, but keeping it open required attention, robbed resources, and imperiled their great reputation. Larry Nichols is a great guy and frequent patron of their May Avenue location, so I suspect he'll eventually make this right. I hope so.

11. Default Re: La Baguette

Not all the facts are out yet .... http://www.newsok.com/colcord-hotel-...ad_story_title

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    what "facts" are not out?? the owner says that they are out what do you have to add?

13. Default Re: La Baguette

I wouldn't be surprised if La Baguette remains open for months to come.

Noticed the new Colcord restaurant signs are up, good bye La Baguette.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if La Baguette remains open for months to come.
    or less than 2

Looks like they are not planning to change the decor... Just the menu and operation:

http://www.colcordhotel.com/oklahoma...ne_dining.html

Insider's view: a little birdie told me Michel and Alain made out well in this transaction. Trust me, they're happy today.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Insider's view: a little birdie told me Michel and Alain made out well in this transaction. Trust me, they're happy today.
    will they look for another spot down town??

I don't know the Buthions, but I would suspect someone posting here does. I would certainly be happier to know they're looking for another spot downtown. They have a menu unique to anything else being offered in the area, and I'm upset that they're no longer a dining option for me (I'm lazy and don't like to drive for dinner).

Don't count on it!

That's disappointing. La Baguette would even be a nice choice for the Myriad Gardens restaurant. I like a nice steak, Tuck, ala Red Prime, but there are nights when I want their Caesar salad and a bit of fois gras or a cup of French onion soup.

I agree, I love La Baguette! Love your eating habits as well, Betts.

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    will they look for another spot down town??
    No. From one of the horse's mouths.

24. Default Re: La Baguette

That would be a loss for downtown. Devon could bring in a Wolfgang Puck (unlikely) and it would still be a loss for downtown, because La Baguette is local.

Thread Information