Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relocate America chooses OKC as 10th best place to live 2009

1. Smile Relocate America chooses OKC as 10th best place to live 2009

Below are the top 10 places to live in 2009, according to RelocateAmerica.com:

Tulsa
    Dallas/Ft Worth
    Pittsburgh
    Raleigh/Durham, N.C.
    Huntsville, Ala.
    Houston
    Albuquerque, N.M.
    Lexington, Ky.
    Little Rock, Ark.
    Oklahoma City

The entire list can be found at RelocateAmerica.com.

2. Default Re: Relocate America chooses OKC as 10th best place to live 2009

Tulsa at #1?! That's a frickin joke! OKC is so much better and growing, too.

Default Re: Relocate America chooses OKC as 10th best place to live 2009

oh god please dont let the tulsans see this, us okc people will never hear the end of this

4. Default Re: Relocate America chooses OKC as 10th best place to live 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Jesseda View Post
    oh god please dont let the tulsans see this, us okc people will never hear the end of this
    I think it's too late.

Ugg... a friend in Tulsa already called to rub it in.

Ha-ha. It's all good. Tulsa needs some love, too.

I didn't read the article (sorry) so I dont know what they based their list on. Depending on the criteria maybe we should just be proud that Oklahoma had 2 of the top 10 and the region had 5 of the top 10. But yeah, a little friendly poke at Tulsa they need to be #1 @ something.

8. Default Re: Relocate America chooses OKC as 10th best place to live 2009

I believe that Relocate America bases it's rating on people/residents voting for a particular city.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

9. Default Re: Relocate America chooses OKC as 10th best place to live 2009

From their Website:

Top 100 Places to Live

Our highly publicized "America's Top 100 Places to Live" recognizes communities nominated by their residents as a “great place to live”, based on details about the neighborhoods, beauty of the area, school performance, recreational activities and economic growth.

I'm still happy that Oklahoma is on the list though. We do have a lot to offer but if Tulsans want to 'rub it in' then refer them to the details of the survey here:

About RelocateAmerica
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

Quote Originally Posted by Karried View Post
    From their Website:

Top 100 Places to Live

Our highly publicized "America's Top 100 Places to Live" recognizes communities nominated by their residents as a “great place to live”, based on details about the neighborhoods, beauty of the area, school performance, recreational activities and economic growth.

About RelocateAmerica

Thats great then...it means we ARE proud. Thats one of the things I love the most about Oklahoma, its people and their pride. Congrats to Tulsa and OKC.

11. Default Re: Relocate America chooses OKC as 10th best place to live 2009

Pittsburgh? Interesting. Wonder if they are starting to rebound some. Been years since I've been there, and most of the time was just because USAir made me.

Why would someone want to relocate to Dallas right now? Their economy is in the tank, high crime, terrible traffic congestion, etc. I can certainly understand the other cities, though.

13. Default Re: Relocate America chooses OKC as 10th best place to live 2009

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    Why would someone want to relocate to Dallas right now? Their economy is in the tank, high crime, terrible traffic congestion, etc. I can certainly understand the other cities, though.
    Guru- you're using logic. The Dallasites just use arrogance in their analysis. Spending 2 hours a day in traffic is apparently a fair price to pay for a Nordstrom's.

Dallas is the one that doesn't belong on that list. (been there, done that. )

Here is the Tulsa World article regarding it:

Tulsa World: Tulsa named top place to live

That's it. I'm moving.

This site comes out of Howell, Michigan. Does the site exist because many folks there and nearby are considering re-location?

By the way, on the list of 100 relocatable cities, Jenks, Oklahoma is on the list.
    Is there any space left in Jenks? Can you relocate there... without being a recruited athlete, I mean?

I just want to get back home!

Quote Originally Posted by venture79 View Post
    Pittsburgh? Interesting. Wonder if they are starting to rebound some. Been years since I've been there, and most of the time was just because USAir made me.
    I have relatives in Pittsburgh and have been there twice in the last 3 years to see my beloved Steelers play. It has changed a lot since I was a kid. The downtown is very nice and there is a lot to do within walking distance. I also visited my aunt by hopping on the bus. Definitely shows you can have an extensive bus system get you around anywhere you need to go.

Little Rock has greatly improved its downtown in the last decade. But if my understanding is correct it has fairly high crime, as well. Actually, Tulsa has struggled with homicide in the last few years, too, although I believe the city is turning the corner for the better.

21. Default Re: Relocate America chooses OKC as 10th best place to live 2009

Oklahoma, you make me proud. Keep up the kick ass work.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

Up here in Tulsa we beat you guys at ONE thing and you've got your panties in a wad over it?

don't forget we're all part of the same state, in addition its possible to have two really good cities in a state...

Unfortunately for me OKC is better than Tulsa in almost every concievable category...I miss OKC a lot, especially given hwo fast its changing. But the Tulsa metro as a whole is pretty good place to live.

Quote Originally Posted by soonerguru View Post
    they have decent radio stations....or at least they used to. And their highways aren't constantly falling apart during rushhour are they? Other than that i really cannot think of anything.. Big D is a nice place to visit but thats it. Far too many people there for my liking. I can always watch Romo and the Cowboys on HD in my living room here in OKC.

24. Default Re: Relocate America chooses OKC as 10th best place to live 2009

Quote Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
    Up here in Tulsa we beat you guys at ONE thing and you've got your panties in a wad over it?

don't forget we're all part of the same state, in addition its possible to have two really good cities in a state...

Unfortunately for me OKC is better than Tulsa in almost every concievable category...I miss OKC a lot, especially given hwo fast its changing. But the Tulsa metro as a whole is pretty good place to live.
    No one has their panties in a wad... just the first few posts were simple predictions that some Tulsans would rub it in... and that's okay.

The rivalry thing... for the most part... is all in fun. Until you tell a Tulsan that OKC will be asking for $80 million for a brand new interchange.
    Continue the Renaissance!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    Guru- you're using logic. The Dallasites just use arrogance in their analysis. Spending 2 hours a day in traffic is apparently a fair price to pay for a Nordstrom's.
    I never understood the appeal of Dallas - Just a bunch of suburbs strung together and growing like The Blob. Everyone driving their leased BMW's, and their galleria? Please, what a let down. Even St. Louis feels more like a real city then Dallas.

But I am glad Tulsa made the list. Despite it being bible central and despite it being dead after 5:00 p.m., Tulsa is just so beautiful with its topography, art deco, and its neighborhoods stuffed with beaux art mansions. Such a shame it seems to be on the decline.

Thread Information