Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Humble Pie in Edmond

Default Humble Pie in Edmond

Has anyone at here? I overheard someone talking about it and couldnt find much online about it. How is the food and prices?

Default Re: Humble Pie in Edmond

We ate there at the Humble Pie and thought it was very good!

3. Default Re: Humble Pie in Edmond

I haven't been there yet but I've been hearing good things. It sounds like they've got an authentic Chicago-style deep dish that seems to satisfy even those who have spent time in Chicago at some of the landmark places. I look forward to trying it out.

FYI...this is in the old Gaetano's space.

I will try them out soon and let you know how it is. I did find this:

Humble Pie Pizza - nothing on the site yet

Humble Pie | Facebook

i got around to trying it, it was good just expensive

i think it was 6 bux for a slice

Wow. Care to write a review of the place and pizza?

Talking Re: Humble Pie in Edmond

I've eaten there a few times and it is really good. We've had both the Chicago style and the New York. The Chicago is this buttery, flaky, crust that is just some yummy goodness! I've been to Chicago and am a huge fan of their pizza and this blows them away. The lunch price of $6 someone was commenting on is for a whole QUARTER of a deep dish pie, it is so filling! Go check them out. I heard they are having a grand opening this Sat the 4th and that you will be able to try some of the different pies.

Quote Originally Posted by traemac View Post
    i got around to trying it, it was good just expensive

i think it was 6 bux for a slice
    That is alot for a slice, but I always say its not the price per slice but the price per unit happiness (or per unit weight, perhaps, if its good). If its chicago style I bet a slice weighs a ton right? As metro said, write a review!

i was still hungry after the one slice however for $5 the two slices at falcones fill me up

Quote Originally Posted by tlc View Post
    I've eaten there a few times and it is really good. We've had both the Chicago style and the New York. The Chicago is this buttery, flaky, crust that is just some yummy goodness! I've been to Chicago and am a huge fan of their pizza and this blows them away. The lunch price of $6 someone was commenting on is for a whole QUARTER of a deep dish pie, it is so filling! Go check them out. I heard they are having a grand opening this Sat the 4th and that you will be able to try some of the different pies.
    You've been to Chicago? Whose pizza did you eat there that was so good?

i'm not tlc, but the Lou Malnati's deep dish in Chicago is great...

Yes! Lou Malnati's is the best. I'm gonna try Humble Pie out this weekend. Will write up a review afterwards.

I can't wait to try Humble Pie and compare the pizza to some of Chicago's best. It's been nearly two years since I lived in Chicago and I miss their pizza so much.

It is $6 per slice! And if that slice is 1/4 of a pizza than that is one small, expensive ($24) pizza!

I realize it may cost more to make a deep dish pizza (although there thin New York pizza is actually more expensive!), but I can't afford to take my four kids to eat there.

If you look at it as some type of ultra-gourmet meal, like Godiva chocolates or something, an occasional indulgence I could maybe see it. But in this economy, the nominal price is going to preclude too many people from regularly dining there.

A regular cheese deep dish pizza is $16. Why not cut eight slices out of it and sell them for $2 each? Am I missing the math here?

I went to Humble Pie last Friday night to try the Chicago Deep Dish. I found the pizza to be very tasty and very close to real Chicago Style. They only have one size which is not enough for me and my girlfriend but we can put away the food. I talked to the owner of and he said the recipe for the crust was copied from Lou Malnati's, the sauce is copied from Edwardo's (my favorite Chicago pizzeria) & some of the ingredients from Giordano's. The pizza is still not as thick as real Chicago style but it's close. Out of the major pizzerias in Chicago, Lou Malnati's is not as deep.
    I think they need to have more sizes in my opinion, especially if I show up real hungry. I've eaten a Giordano's Large Chicago style on my own before to win a bet.

Thumbs up Re: Humble Pie in Edmond

Oh, my goodness, we just ate there for the first time tonight and all I can say is, "Humble Pie, where have you been all my life." Yummy and filling and so full to overflowing with quality ingredients. I normally don't like pan pizzas because I don't want to fill up on bread and I NEVER eat the pizza edge crust....but I did tonight.

I should have taken a picture to show you, it was a thing of beauty. The crust was WONDERFUL!!! Rich and buttery, tender and crispy all at the same time. We got the Chicago style supreme because my husband is a BIG eater but we took almost half of it home with us because it was SO MUCH FOOD!! I highly recommend Humble Pie to anyone who wants to try authentic Chicago pizza. Maybe next time we’ll try the New York style. I CAN’T WAIT!!! Would tomorrow night be too soon? <grin>

Afriend of mine told me about Humble Pie, and I am really glad. I ate there last night, and it brought back memories of my time stationed in Chicago and the times I have gone back to visit. I had to deep dish supreme, and it was so good. I think Humble Pie has taken some of the best parts of different Chicago pizzerias and brought together to make it their own pizza.
    For the concern about the price for a slice at lunch, I would say get a whole pizza. Some of the best breakfast food in the world is pizza. It is the same with buying pie, it is cheaper in the end to not buy it by the slice. Either way is still cheaper than cab fare from Midway.

We went there recently, and even though neither of us love Chicago-style, it was quite good. The pizza is very expensive, but it is also a tremendous amount of food. Still - over $20 for a pizza is a lot of money. We had a supreme, and it was loaded with toppings. The sauce was good too, well balanced between sweetness and acidity. My wife loved the cheese. The salad was also very good.

i'm a fan of chicago style so i made sure to try this place out. i finally got my fix. it's really good stuff. top notch toppings along with good quality cheese. good tasting crust, although i'd prefer if it had a slightly more buttery flavor... but the taste and texture weren't off... just my preference. the sauce... perfect amount used and perfect flavor with the right balance of sweetness and acidity. the tomoatoes still had some texture and weren't pureed to death.

a word on atmosphere... while i typically get pizza as takeout, it must be noted that humble pie has significantly upgraded the gaetano's space. gone is the random hodgepodge of stuff... like a treadmill (?) the interior has a fresh coat of paint and ambiance... looks really nice. so now, one could consider hanging out at this place with friends on an evening out and not just get takeout. mad props for what they did with the space.

it's not cheap, though. the average pie will set you back $22 plus tax and tip... for the size of pizza, it seemed a tad steep despite the quality. i'll be back whenever i'm jonesing for chicago style, but not on a regular basis.

-M

I'm jonesin' so going back Friday night if all goes well. See you there.

22. Default Re: Humble Pie in Edmond

do they deliver?

We ate there again the other night. My wife fell in love with the Chicago style the first time we were there and so I had to really talk her into letting us try the New York style. We had the Greek pizza. It was GREAT, other than the fact that the guy who made it forgot to add the chicken. But, it was really good for a veggi pizza. The owner was there and he offered to make it up to us with a meat lover's pie but we were already full and still had half a pizza to take home. They forgot to adjust the price and I didn't think about it until we were already home.

My wife doesn't usually eat the crust of a pizza but that was her favorite part of this one. It must be the garlic butter sauce they slather on it.

Try Humble Pie. I don't think you'll be dissappointed.

Ray (and Karen)

PS They're going to do a fund raiser for our deployed troops!!!!!!!!!!!!! The owner's brother was in Afghanistan last year. WOW, that's going to put a lot of smiles on some very deserving faces. We'll post more when the date is set in stone. WOOHOO!!!

24. Default Re: Humble Pie in Edmond

I was disappointed. My wife was disappointed. Way overrated and definitely not worth the high price.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I was disappointed. My wife was disappointed. Way overrated and definitely not worth the high price.
    I am not sure what pizza you ordered, it is sad to hear you didn't enjoy the pizza. I find it a bit surprising!!

My husband and I eat there at least once a week. Would probably eat there more but the waist line doesn't need it.

The Deep Dish Supreme is the best and I would say our favorite in the New York is the Chipotle Chicken.

Thread Information