Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossings Church Edmond

Edmond Crossings Church Edmond

Crossings just filed for $5.4MM building permit for 1500 W. Covell, which is on the south side of Covell just to the west of Uptown Grocery.

From their website:
    New 32,346 square foot satellite location, which includes:
    Stage and auditorium, with 800 seating capacity
    Nursery / Crossings KIDS area
    Office space
    326 parking spaces

Default Re: Crossings Church Edmond

I saw this earlier this year. Absolutely sucks. I am a hypocrite for saying that because I usually will tell to just ignore things that bother them but it really is hard to ignore these churches when there is one every corner.

It's big business. Plenty of people give more to the tithe than the IRS. Best to stay edgy and relevant to grow your numbers.

Remember, Crossings now has a huge private school.

I'm sure they way to set up shop in Edmond to help recruit families and students.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I'm sure they way to set up shop in Edmond to help recruit families and students.
    So the new church would look more like a school.

This will definitely help alleviate over-crowding at their main location at 150th and Portland, and also it will help them reach families in Edmond and Deer Creek areas, etc. Victory does the same thing nearby!

7. Default Re: Crossings Church Edmond

Not very attractive architecturally.

Blog Entries

I think it looks absolutely terrible, but It's not my money.

More and more evangelical churches across the country are moving to this multi-campus format after Lifechurch has been so successful at it.

10. Default Re: Crossings Church Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie1 View Post
    I think it looks absolutely terrible, but It's not my money.
    But it's my town! Maybe it's your town, too. And we shouldn't have to look at ugly buildings for generations!

there are a lot of Priuses in that parking lot.

Blog Entries

^Brought to you by Toyota - Let's Go Places!

I agree, looks very ugly. Looks like a 1960s building. Perhaps it will look better in person when built?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    This will definitely help alleviate over-crowding at their main location at 150th and Portland, and also it will help them reach families in Edmond and Deer Creek areas, etc. Victory does the same thing nearby!
    Definitely. We've been attending since 2007 and it's grown quite a bit in that time. This new location will be a welcomed change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

The Church and the school are ran separately. It's grown pretty fast the last few years. I don't think they really need to recruit.

Quote Originally Posted by zachj7 View Post
    I agree, looks very ugly. Looks like a 1960s building. Perhaps it will look better in person when built?
    Looks like a typical evangelical megachurch to me. Its better looking than a typical Lifechurch. I prefer the historic, architecturally significant cathedrals of bygone days. First Presbyterian in Uptown is beautiful. Today, it doesn't seem like those kind of places are getting built anymore, especially in the evangelical sect. It's understandable though, as many evangelical churches have moved to contemporary worship services with a high-energy band and light shows, and fortresses like this better serve their needs than the older style cathedrals.

17. Default Re: Crossings Church Edmond

Quote Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
    Looks like a typical evangelical megachurch to me. Its better looking than a typical Lifechurch. I prefer the historic, architecturally significant cathedrals of bygone days. First Presbyterian in Uptown is beautiful. Today, it doesn't seem like those kind of places are getting built anymore, especially in the evangelical sect. It's understandable though, as many evangelical churches have moved to contemporary worship services with a high-energy band and light shows, and fortresses like this better serve their needs than the older style cathedrals.
    Exactly. Crossings, even the regular services, are too modern to go with a building like First Presbyterian. The new building "fits". And it's patterned something like the latest addition to the current building.

I think that they look pretty great in the old cathedral churches also. City Presbyterian on 13th has concerts from time to time and it is a really cool setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Uptowner View Post
    It's big business. Plenty of people give more to the tithe than the IRS. Best to stay edgy and relevant to grow your numbers.
    I suppose you're safe saying that when you specify the IRS, but the total tax bill varies by income grouping to be anywhere from 15 to 30 percent of income -- more than the 10 percent tithe would be.

Expenses my good fellow! A good accountant will show you how to move all that income into non-taxable flows and only get taxed on your cash. Like donating to the church!!

Is Crossings Edmond better than the one by Quail Springs Mall? I hard at the Quail Springs mall campus you have to be attractive and have money to attend?

Quote Originally Posted by PlaschkeSucks View Post
    Is Crossings Edmond better than the one by Quail Springs Mall? I hard at the Quail Springs mall campus you have to be attractive and have money to attend?
    There’s nothing wrong with maintaining high standards, my friend!

23. Default Re: Crossings Church Edmond

We’ve been going to Crossings since before they moved to the current location. We’re don’t have money or looks. As far as giving to the church it gets brought up one service per year when the past years activities and upcoming years plans are discussed. Crossings is probably the most laid-back church you’ll find.

24. Default Re: Crossings Church Edmond

Unless you are trying to be funny, what kind of a statement is this? Are you trying to make a joke or just trying to be an anti-Christian bigot

nm

Thread Information