Tenants

• American Energy Partners
    • Arcadia Capital

Gallery

Default Re: Harvey Parkway

From 9-20-2013:

New sign in front:

Just giving this thread a little needed love...

From 10-14-2013, via Pete:

Building permit today to put a small restaurant in the Harvey Parkway Building in the name of Arcadia Capital, one of Aubrey's companies.

They are already leasing about half the building and put a health club in the ground floor. With the restaurant, this appears to be a mini-Chesapeake situation.

From today, via Pete:

Another 7,000 square feet to be built out for AEP / Arcadia Capital in the Harvey Parkway Building.

That's now over 51,000 total square feet, more than half the building.

And over $1.1 million in tenant improvements, including a fitness center, restaurant and exec offices with private bathrooms.

6. Default Re: Harvey Parkway

The amenities/perks arms race begins anew!

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    The amenities/perks arms race begins anew!
    It would be so much better for the local economy if he gave his employees a benefits debit card to use at local gyms or restaurants instead of competing with local businesses.

8. Default Re: Harvey Parkway

Weird, because I thought this thread would be about the bike boulevard the Midtown plan proposed for Harvey up through Crown Heights

What makes this an urban development but Chesapeake a suburban development?

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    It would be so much better for the local economy if he gave his employees a benefits debit card to use at local gyms or restaurants instead of competing with local businesses.
    Most CHK employees I know/knew frequent other restaurants in the area as much as or more than the CHK restuarants and still have memberships to other gyms in the area or closer to their homes. The CHK gym has limited hours on weekends and limited availability for employee family members, so for anyone other than single employees that only workout during the week and live near CHK, another membership was necessary. There really aren't that many fitness centers around that part of town, especially back in the late 1990s when AKM built the on campus gym, so while I won't go as far as saying the gym was necessary, it made sense that he built it for his employees. The distance to other gyms in the area made it difficult to workout during a lunch break and make it back to work on time.

In the case of AEP's new gym and restaurant, I worked for a smaller company near that area had a cafeteria style restaurant and a very small fitness center. I, like most other employees, still had a gym membership and frequented restaurants on memorial, western, the classen curve, and downtown. In our case, the company subsidized our gym memberships if we went 5 times a month thus providing an incentive to join a gym and helping the local economy. The work amenities offered a nice convenient alternative to leaving campus for lunch but the vast majority of employees still often did. Judging by the massive lunch crowds restuarants and general crowds at fitness centers in the general vicinity, I don't think AEP or CHK's restaurants are having much of a negative impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the facts View Post
    JTF, if I ever achieve my dreams and make the big time, I am going to give you a few billion dollars and watch you build a city using your judgement and perspective and watch to see how successful it is. I am not saying it won't be successful, I just want to see it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan View Post
    Weird, because I thought this thread would be about the bike boulevard the Midtown plan proposed for Harvey up through Crown Heights

What makes this an urban development but Chesapeake a suburban development?
    Spartan, sometimes people just make mistakes. They probably meant to put it in the Suburban Development & Buildings sub forum. As for the bike boulevard I, too, am all about hearing more on that.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCisOK4me View Post
    Spartan, sometimes people just make mistakes. They probably meant to put it in the Suburban Development & Buildings sub forum. As for the bike boulevard I, too, am all about hearing more on that.
    When was that proposed? Are there any renderings for it? I never heard about it. That would be freaking sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    When was that proposed? Are there any renderings for it? I never heard about it. That would be freaking sweet!
    I saw a rendering on here some time ago within the last 6 months but I can't remember what thread it was in. My guess would be the Urban Cycling thread. Let me go look...

Thread Information