Widgets Magazine

Thread: Database Issues

Todd Guest

Default Database Issues

Hello everyone,

As you know the site has been up and down for about 2 days now. I won't get to technical, however, I though some of you might like to know why. Basically the postindex was totally messed up. For instance, a post that was made in Bedroom to the Boardroom could show up in the Peanut Butter and Jelly forum.

The only way to correct the problem was to completly delete the current database wiping out all the tables and all data then reload the last complete backup. That's when all the fun started because the latest backup was corrupt. I hired a programmer to fix the file and all issues should be resolved. Daily backups will now be done.

The worst part is that any new users or any post that were made after 2:00 AM on October 30th were lost. By my count that is about 10-13 new users that will have to re-register once they visit again.

Default Re: Database Issues

Thank you for the forum Todd. You are obviously doing this at great expense to yourself and I (and I'm sure everyone else agrees) truly appreciate your efforts! Thanks!

Todd Guest

Midtowner,

Thank you for the kind words. I'm having a great time watching this experiment grow and take shape. Hopefully most if not all the technical stuff is over with.

Take Care

Patrick Guest

Hey Todd, thanks for taking care of this mess. I know you've invested a lot of time into this forum and we appreciate your efforts.

Keith Guest

Yeah, I wish I was that smart.

Thread Information