Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tulsa hates you.

1. Talking Tulsa hates you.

I like Tulsa. It's a nice city with a impressive skyline in a scenic landscape. However, Tulsans in general have been fairly snobby regarding their more blue-collar big sister down the pike. But ever since OKC has experienced it's renaissance, man Tulsans turned up the negativity about our fair city.

Now the NBA will be permanently locating in OKC, and much to the chagrin of Tulsa, bearing the name of our city.

TulsaNow Forum - Let's Name the Oklahoma NBA Team!

Funny stuff

2. Default Re: Tulsa hates you.

Gawd those people irritate the crap out of me. They're about as delusional as the Seattle forums.

Default Re: Tulsa hates you.

hahaha, sounds like a lot of jealousy... i don't know why they have a problem with it, its our tax dollars, we are the bigger city... and as far as i'm concerned, the ones who are bitching about it (which are a vocal minority) we don't need or want their support, b/c they will be the first ones to jump ship when things look bad!

keep bitching tulsa! (not all you guys, just the minorty that is)

OKC tulsalittlesisters???????
    ford center in the middle of bricktown??????????
    these people are stupid, stupid, stupid!!!!!!!
    i have never seen so many jealous cry babies!
    ha ha ha ha
    get over it you bunch of okc wanta be's
    lets name the team the OKC oilers....tulsa would love that.

I guess I'll never understand why they feel they're in competition with OKC. Don't they understand that what's good for OKC is good for the state and what's good for the state will ultimately be good for them. We're all in the same state! But instead of acting like Oklahomans they're acting like misplaced Seattlites (if that's the word).

6. Default Re: Tulsa hates you.

They always wished they were in the South and we were in the Midwest. It's just like when southern states complaining about the classless, barbaric, industrial northern states mainly because they got their collective ass whipped in the Civil War. Same principle here.

And if we're stealing one of their team names: the Drillers.

7. Default Re: Tulsa hates you.

We could always make their D-league our farm team.

8. Default Re: Tulsa hates you.

I think they did do that, actually, Cuatro

i heard something about them getting some kind of minor basketball team and the name will be the 66'ers

As a former resident and native of OKC I am proud of the accomplishments that OKC continues to make. It really is quite obvious that Tulsa is jealous of our sucess in so many areas. OKC is more metropolitan, better airport, much better zoo, more things to do. It is also the state hub of government and is the capital of OK so Tulsa suffers from capital envy!! However, in Tulsa's defense, it is much more greener and hilly than OKC. Tulsa is more cleaner. OKC needs to step up to the plate and clean up its city. OKC has made great strides in cleaning up downtown and midtown, however, the rest of the city for the most part is very outdated and not so clean. It is time for OKC to clean up all over city wide and get rid of the numerous slum lords that abound there. After all, what makes a city is it's people. People in OKC either want a clean city or a dirty city. Which one will it be? The choice is yours!!!

11. Default Re: Tulsa hates you.

According to someone, this thread was created by 'insulted OKCers'.

12. Default Re: Tulsa hates you.

We can't really blame them for being a little envious can we?

Our headlines are screaming

"OKC - We Did It" and "NBA Coming to OKC!"

Their's are screaming:

"Dog Sex Tapes Lead to Arrest in Tulsa"

"TV Anchorman Gets Arrested DUI - Tulsa"

Anyway, we shouldn't be too hard on them... I hope they can come down and see some games and enjoy the team.
    " You've Been Thunder Struck ! "

13. Default Re: Tulsa hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by UnFrSaKn View Post
    According to someone, this thread was created by 'insulted OKCers'.
    I didn't create the thread, but I'm insulted. Having lived in Tulsa, I experienced this attitude firsthand. Trust me, not everyone being derogatory in their thread is joking or typing tongue-in-cheek. Some of them really do want things to do poorly here.

14. Default Re: Tulsa hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCMallen View Post
    I didn't create the thread, but I'm insulted. Having lived in Tulsa, I experienced this attitude firsthand. Trust me, not everyone being derogatory in their thread is joking or typing tongue-in-cheek. Some of them really do want things to do poorly here.
    I usually stay out of these type of threads, but this is the truth. I am born and raised in OKC, but lived for 3 years in Tulsa before moving back here in 2006. It was hilarious, but frustrating to hear the attitude from some Tulsans....

Funny stuff.......Oh SNAP - the OKC Noodlers????

AS IF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tulsa has little man syndrome, haha

17. Default Re: Tulsa hates you.

I really have mixed feelings about getting an NBA team. So much negativity to be all that pumped up about it. Seattleites call us collective thieves (the whole state), the national sports media thinks the team is a joke and Tulsans are jealous and trash talk the city. There's too much division surrounding the whole thing.

18. Default Re: Tulsa hates you.

But isn't Tulsa (well actually just outside Tulsa) getting a giant Indian statue? Is anyone here going to be jealous of that? Does anyone here even know about it?

We "got the girl", so to speak, and Tulsa and Seattle are both trying to figure out how a "guy like us" could score when they couldn't. Consider it a compliment!

20. Default Re: Tulsa hates you.

They can have the statue..... I'll take the Cultural Center....

If Tulsa had gotten an NBA team instead of OKC, I'm sure OKC forum members would have posted equally ridiculous remarks.

Both cities are great in different ways. Both cities have people that make ridiculous statements.

22. Default Re: Tulsa hates you.

Quote Originally Posted by progressiveboy View Post
    Tulsa is more cleaner. OKC needs to step up to the plate and clean up its city. OKC has made great strides in cleaning up downtown and midtown, however, the rest of the city for the most part is very outdated and not so clean. It is time for OKC to clean up all over city wide and get rid of the numerous slum lords that abound there. After all, what makes a city is it's people. People in OKC either want a clean city or a dirty city.
    I have to disagree. Both cities have slums. Have you ever been to North Tulsa?

Man, if Tulsa had half the leadership OKC has enjoyed recently, they'd be the jewel of the Great Plains. Tulsa has so much natural and structural beauty to offer, but the city leaders are too busy looking down on others to learn from their success. I really hope Tulsa gets it together. I'm not bashing them in any way. I really do want to see Tulsa mirror OKC's accomplishments.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

I was born and raised in Tulsa, I will tell you, this is majority opinion of most Tulsans. Everytime I go back to visit, people still ask me when I am going to move away from the ghetto and come back to Tulsa. I look at them and say, umm when Tulsa actually has something to do, besides Church. TULSA is DEAD everytime I visit.....it is quite sad.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrown84 View Post
    I have to disagree. Both cities have slums. Have you ever been to North Tulsa?
    ...but, Tulsa's slums are contained within a geographical area while OKC's are scattered in pockets throughout. I don't know which problem I'd rather have, but at least they can get away from their crapholes. The minute I hit paradise in OKC, I know a landfill is just around the corner. Sometimes, I don't understand how two completely different styles can coexist so closely together.
    ...this shortest straw has been pulled for you

Thread Information