Widgets Magazine

Thread: Unison

Default Unison

We posted about this previously in The Half thread.

This will be on the west side of Broadway Extension.

Press release:

Local investors announce new 7-acre health and wellness development along Oklahoma City’s growing medical corridor
    Unison OKC, a health and wellness collective, will offer pad sites to medical practitioners and businesses

OKLAHOMA CITY (October 3, 2024) – Leaders from the new health and wellness collective Unison OKC officially broke ground today at the future development’s site in north Oklahoma City. Unison leadership, community leaders and other distinguished guests gathered for the groundbreaking ceremony to celebrate. Construction will begin this fall on the 7-acre development located along the medical corridor off I-235 between Wilshire Blvd. and Britton Rd.

The development will offer pad sites for medical practitioners and businesses with a focus on health and wellness. In addition, all tenants, customers and the surrounding community will have access to an event center, connected walkways and thoughtfully designed green spaces.

“Unison takes a traditional healthcare business and places it in a one-of-a-kind space that will truly support wellness and healing,” said Clay Steves, founder and CEO of Unison. “Green spaces, water access, community event centers and proximity to like-minded businesses will offer a holistic and intentional approach to health. Our desire for Unison is that our customers and patients can actualize the restoration of body, mind and soul through the businesses that operate here and the spaces we provide.”

Strategically located between downtown Oklahoma City and Edmond, the development will serve a broad population, making healthcare options more accessible for residents from across the Oklahoma City metro and in the neighborhood. Unison joins the burgeoning medical corridor along I-235 and offers new options for healthcare providers and wellness-centered businesses to operate in an attractive, high-traffic area.

“Oklahoma City is a medical treatment destination and a leader in our state’s healthcare system,” said Lieutenant Governor Matt Pinnell. “Expanding options for care, health, and wellness is critical to our state’s future. Not only does this development create more care options, but Unison OKC also paves the way for new businesses and jobs in the area.”

The collective is centered on holistic health and wellness, which includes mental, physical, emotional, spiritual and educational opportunities, unified by a strong community focus.

In addition to providing pad space for private business owners, Unison will open its grounds to the surrounding community.

“I was thrilled to learn Clay’s vision for Unison OKC includes not only increasing access to comprehensive care for Oklahoma City metro area residents, but also preserving community staples like the pond, where neighbors already enjoy fishing and gathering,” said Oklahoma City Ward 2 Councilman James Cooper. “It is great to see such intentional design taking into consideration the families and individuals who attend the neighborhood school and live in the surrounding community while allowing public access to features like the pond and walkways – along with the expanded health resources.”

Designed by firms AHMM (Allford Hall Monaghan Morris) with a master plan influenced by Perkins&Will, the collective will be constructed by Oklahoma-based Lingo Construction Services, LLC. Plans for the space include enhancements to the 3-acre pond in the Unison OKC development, accessible to tenants, guests and neighbors. Local institutions like KIPP OKC College Prep Charter School are among those set to benefit from the development.

“We’re happy to welcome Unison OKC to the neighborhood, and we appreciate the collaboration their leadership has shown with the school from the very beginning,” said Michael Carter, superintendent at KIPP OKC College Prep Charter School. “Unison OKC saw an opportunity to bring meaningful business opportunities to our community while investing in the area at large. We look forward to our budding partnership as we explore new ways to promote health and wellness in our school.”

Unison OKC is locally owned and primarily backed by investors who are local healthcare practitioners and leaders. Steves brings nearly 20 years of healthcare-related experience to the organization and is the founder and owner of Restoration Group and Habakkuk, both of which are set to be tenants at the Unison OKC development.

Construction will begin next week on Monday, Oct. 7.

For more information about Unison OKC, visit unisonokc.com.

Default Re: Unison

It would be super expensive and thus never happen but an over/underpass here would be good to connect this and the neighborhood to the Half. At least a pedestrian walkway since the area has oneway frontage roads with texas turnarounds.

Quote Originally Posted by josefromtulsa View Post
    It would be super expensive and thus never happen but an over/underpass here would be good to connect this and the neighborhood to the Half. At least a pedestrian walkway since the area has oneway frontage roads with texas turnarounds.
    I was thinking the same thing. A pedestrian bridge over the 235 should be built here.

This is a small office park that will be selling pad sites.

Absolutely no reason to connect it to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

And you don't think there wouldn't be anyone else other than this site alone that would use it? There's TONs of vacant land west of Broadway ext. that has so much potential for development and if planned right a ped bridge would be useful. There is not one at all on Broadway extension. If there were to be one this would probably be the best place for it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Plutonic Panda View Post
    And you don't think there wouldn't be anyone else other than this site alone that would use it? There's TONs of vacant land west of Broadway ext. that has so much potential for development and if planned right a ped bridge would be useful. There is not one at all on Broadway extension. If there were to be one this would probably be the best place for it.
    No need to fix problems that don’t exist. I doubt medical patients are going to park across a massively wide expressway and walk over to go to the movies or ride a go-cart or to play pickleball and walk over to their doctor appointment. Let’s solve walkability problems in other areas where they are sorely needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Youre ignoring the whole neighborhood to the east of this project that has access to the Frontage road at NW 85th St. Not to mention the bus stop right there which if there were a ped bridge would allow for better transit access to the half (read larger workforce pool to draw from).

Im just spitballing ideas. With the topography of the area a ped bridge would be exorbitant.

I think people have east and west confused. IIRC this project is on the west side of the Extension, and The Half is on the east side. The only large amounts of vacant land I can think of is on the east side. And the neighborhood is on the west side.

Quote Originally Posted by Dob Hooligan View Post
    I think people have east and west confused. IIRC this project is on the west side of the Extension, and The Half is on the east side. The only large amounts of vacant land I can think of is on the east side. And the neighborhood is on the west side.
    I think both Plutonic Panda and I got both of our directions mixed up lol

Thread Information