Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PopStroke

Default PopStroke

Designed by Tiger Woods, PopStroke is looking to open its first Oklahoma location at The Half near Britton and Broadway.

PopStroke typically features two 18-hole putting courses plus a 2-level restaurant and bar area.

An app automatically tracks scores so you can see how you stack up against competitors.

The full-service restaurant and bar offers familiar American cuisine such as wings, appetizers, salads and pizzas. Also a wide variety of drinks and beers.

Food can be delivered to you while playing a round on the course.

PopStroke also features a separate ice cream parlor with 24 premium flavors and offers birthday and event packages.

The proposed complex would be south of the under-construction Andretti indoor carting facility and will join Flix Brewhouse and Chicken n Pickle as yet another entertainment and dining mash-up.

The Half is expanding to the south and OnCue Express has bought the NE corner of Wilshire and Broadway for a new location. A hotel and more restaurants are planned for the waterfront.

2. Default Re: PopStroke

Great to hear! We’ve been to the Katy location a couple of times. It’s really cool.

Default Re: PopStroke

Big time!!

That's a really solid get, this is the type of place that would kill it on weekends during football season.

This is awesome. Huge get

great get ..

7. Default Re: PopStroke

Not a Golfing person, but this looks like a fun time! The Half is getting some great things!

What an interesting idea, more or less an upscale mini-golf?

9. Default Re: PopStroke

I love what is happening in this area of town, especially because I only live a couple miles away. This will be a lively, fun section of town soon!

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Mini-golf with alcohol and a bar!

11. Default Re: PopStroke

I fell like it looks moreso like the putting version of a par 3 course. To me, upscale mini-golf would imply obstacles and other non-golf additions. This looks like pretty straightforward, undulated putting greens.

Think TopGolf-type place. More for fun then super challenging, has a bar and food for people. Which is 100% fine! People love mini-golf.

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanized View Post
    I fell like it looks moreso like the putting version of a par 3 course. To me, upscale mini-golf would imply obstacles and other non-golf additions. This looks like pretty straightforward, undulated putting greens.
    That's what I mean by upscale, no silly obstacles and whatnot.

14. Default Re: PopStroke

This is a big get

15. Default Re: PopStroke

Wonder if they will plant it with palm trees up here!?

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrator View Post
    Wonder if they will plant it with palm trees up here!?
    Actually, I think they are fake and they install them in all their locations, including those in the Dallas area.

The palm trees look silly and appear to be a good way to have trees (or fake trees) and get nearly zero useful shade from them for people using the course.

Though maybe you don't want shade like that on a putting course, I really have no idea.

18. Default Re: PopStroke

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Actually, I think they are fake and they install them in all their locations, including those in the Dallas area.
    Man, if those are fakes in the photos above, they are really good ones! Look real to me. I just can't imagine real ones would survive most winters here.

Man, the Half is becoming quite an entertainment hub, which is kinda odd given the surrounding housing/demographics. Hope it all thrives though, this is a great get.

20. Default Re: PopStroke

The palm trees look silly and appear to be a good way to have trees (or fake trees) and get nearly zero useful shade from them for people using the course.

Though maybe you don't want shade like that on a putting course, I really have no idea.
    On the other hand, you won't be getting leaves and twigs all over the course, making it more realistic (if that's what they are going for, as opposed to the mini-golf obstacles).

21. Default Re: PopStroke

The Half is gonna be one of those areas I’ll take anyone who claims there’s “nothing to do” in OKC. Super excited about this.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    Man, the Half is becoming quite an entertainment hub, which is kinda odd given the surrounding housing/demographics. Hope it all thrives though, this is a great get.
    What housing/demographics make it odd? The new apartments maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by PoliSciGuy View Post
    It's 2 miles away from the wealthiest neighborhood in OKC....

Have they started on this already? They are clearing all of the land in this area. It might be more for utilities and streets, but I wanted to ask.

Do they use real grass or is it turf?

Thread Information