Widgets Magazine

Thread: Office Depot buying Office Max - Norman sales office

1. Default Office Depot buying Office Max - Norman sales office

Office Depot to buy rival OfficeMax - Feb. 20, 2013

Shocked it took this long to be honest.

This seems as though it would impact Norman more than other cities in the area. Norman has both brands with a retail outfit (Depot at UNP, Max on Ed Noble). Norman is also home to Max's national sales office across from the Postal center on Hwy 9. I would have to imagine that the Norman office is probably not going to make it through the acquisition. From what I remember of being in there once, it is pretty old and a lot of outdated equipment. Drove by recently and not a lot of cars in the parking lot and they always seem to be having constant hiring. Of course they could look at the office as an opportunity to revamp things and put a new focus on it.

As far as the stores goes. Obviously the Office Max location is the one that will probably get the ax. So there will be yet another empty store front there. ULTA and soon Michaels will be vanishing from there. At some point the city needs to work to relocate the retail away from there, put it in UNP, and refocus the area around expanding residential and business offices in that area.

Default Re: Office Depot buying Office Max - Norman sales office

Saw this yesterday and I agree, this has seemed to be a long time coming. I know we shop a lot from office depot at work, but lately I've been doing the purchasing and finding better deals on Amazon so I've gone that route. We rarely actually go to the physical store so it's really little to no difference except in the wallet.

3. Default Re: Office Depot buying Office Max - Norman sales office

Only time I step inside a store is to get a box of paper. Other than that it is Amazon and NewEgg.

Default Re: Office Depot buying Office Max - Norman sales office

There is another site I've been using online called shoplet.com. Reminds me of Staples with their logo and everything, but they have seen to be cheaper, sometimes even better than amazon.

5. Default Re: Office Depot buying Office Max - Norman sales office

I guess this means yet another empty storefront at Ed Noble. *facepalm*

Thread Information