Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Bite Cafe (formerly First Watch)

Default First Bite Cafe (formerly First Watch)

Health conscious eatery set for Oklahoma City area
    BY JENNIFER PALMER The Oklahoman
    Published: February 18, 2010

First Watch, a Florida-based restaurant chain that serves breakfast, brunch and lunch, plans to open its first metro-area location this summer.

MultimediaPhotoview all photos The restaurant signed a franchise agreement with Dabbour Enterprises LLC to open three First Watch restaurants in the Oklahoma City area over the next few years. Lease negotiations are under way, said Ghassan Dabbour, Dabbour Enterprises’ president.

First Watch features a unique, health conscious menu laced with fresh fruits and vegetables; employees make the pancake and French toast batter daily, the company said.

The menu includes traditional favorites such as eggs, pancakes, soup, salad and sandwiches alongside signature items such as the Chickichanga, a crispy flour tortilla filled with whipped eggs, spicy chicken, chorizo sausage, green chilies, cheese, onion and avocado.

The focus on low calorie and low cholesterol entrees will likely be successful in the Oklahoma City market, Dabbour said. He has more than 30 years of restaurant industry experience, most recently as a multi-unit franchise operator for IHOP.

First Watch currently operates 80 restaurants in 11 states, with about 10 new locations expected to open this year.

Read more: NewsOK

Default Re: First Watch coming to OKC

Goodbye Jimmy's Egg..

This is awesome news!!! I loved First Watch when I tried it in St. Louis.

I suspect Jimmy's Egg will do fine - Oh, you meant YOU - yeah, I bet quite a few regular JE partakers will try out the new place and stay. I'll have to check it out, even though don't usually eat breakfasts at restaurants. Thanks for the heads up!

First Watch is great! I love their Tulsa location.

Low calorie? Breakfast should be the biggest meal of the day.

First Watch is awesome. Much better than Jimmy's Egg. When I visit my folks in Tulsa I always want to go there for breakfast.

When I lived in Florida, I would eat breakfast there at least twice a month. Very good quality and healthy.

8. Default Re: First Watch coming to OKC

They can put one in at 63rd and N May where the old Denny's was. We need something new and good to eat around here. But it will probably go up on Memorial Road someplace.

That sounds great. I love fruit with breakfast which is suprisingly hard to find here in OKC.

Does anyone know what the progress is on the opening of the restaurant? Is it under construction anywhere yet ?

First location is coming to Quail Springs Marketplace, opening in the fall.

Metro,

Where is the "Quail Springs Marketplace" - ?

Quote Originally Posted by jbkrems View Post
    Metro,

Where is the "Quail Springs Marketplace" - ?
    SW Corner of N. Penn & Memorial Rd. Where Petsmart, Office Depot, Lowe's are located.

Well, crap! I clicked on this thread thinking Timur Bekmambetov was making the third movie of his "Watch" trilogy (Day Watch and Night Watch were the first two) in OKC.

Does anyone know where in the Quail Springs Marketplace shopping center First Watch will actually be ? Is there some space or something leaving ?

16. Default Re: First Watch coming to OKC

I drove by there today and the space by Game Stop is was vacant. Westies shoes is also moving and their space will be vacant. Could be either one. I also drove by the new Denny's. They are finally hiring,but that place is taking forever to get going.

Darn it! I opened this thread thinking it was going to be about the First Watch tower they were going to build over the Oklahoma River. Thank God that isn't the case.........

<--why is this on the list?!? hahahahahaha

18. Default Re: First Watch coming to OKC

Quote Originally Posted by skyrick View Post
    Well, crap! I clicked on this thread thinking Timur Bekmambetov was making the third movie of his "Watch" trilogy (Day Watch and Night Watch were the first two) in OKC.
    damn, i thought i was the only 1 that knows those movies. they are friggn saweet!

19. Default First Watch

Quail Springs Marketplace
    W. Memorial Highway & N. Pennsylvania Ave.
    2328 W. Memorial Highway
    Oklahoma City, OK 73134

I went by and it's located right by the Game Stop. They say Opening Soon. I'm looking forward to it.

Default Re: First Watch

http://www.okctalk.com/showthread.ph...ht=first+watch
    It's been discussed earlier in a previous thread. Noticed you even posted on there too.

21. Default Re: First Watch

I got more recent info. I was just sharing what i found out today. If you don't want to read it, don't.

Where is the GameStop in the center ?

23. Default Re: First Watch

Game Stop is west of Ultimate Electronics and east of Ultra. There is a Verizon Wireless next door and also a Soup and Salad close by. I hope that helps.

24. Default First Watch

They officially opened Monday, closed Tuesday and Wednesday due to weather, and reopened Thursday. We ate there Saturday for the first time at the OKC location. It's located at Penn and Memorial next to the Game Stop. Great food, friendly wait staff, and I'm glad they are finally here. You ought to check them out.

I tried it this morning. Definitely underwhelming compared to my visit to First Watch in St. Louis. The service seemed awkward and forced to me, but it wasn't bad. My biggest gripe is the price of coffee. $2+ is too much to pay for coffee at a cafe, unless Juan Valdez pours it himself. I'm gonna stick to my normal breakfast spots, I think. I'll go back, but not often.

Thread Information