Widgets Magazine

Thread: Can anyone recommend a good mechanic?

Default Can anyone recommend a good mechanic?

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic? Preferably on the north side and who specializes in Saturns. There is a Saturn dealership in Edmond, but everyone says to stay away from dealer mechanics (too expense and untrustworthy). I'm not too concerned about expense, as long as the job is done right and they are trustworthy and honest. Any recommendations?
    (Sorry if there is already a post about this, I couldn't find one)

Default Re: Can anyone recommend a good mechanic?

Swanson's downtown. It's at around 10th and Hudson. It's a white garage building thing. They're a full service shop. They never lie to me or try to sell me needless maintenance.

They're good people and they've been around for many, many years.

Awesome! That's near my work. I'll check them out. Thanks

I'll second Swansons. I've been going there 15 years and they've always been honest and fair.

5. Default Re: Can anyone recommend a good mechanic?

Third Swanson's. When I had to get new tires last summer, the person who spoke to me on the phone explained why my old tires had worn out so quickly, the tires I should get, and then he told me he put the same tires on his wife's car.

I hope he likes his wife But I have had excellent service there, they don't push you into anything you don't need, and they take care of the job in a timely manner.
    Still corrupting young minds

Swanson's is great. I have a good guy close to them..but, he stays so busy....I tend to keep my mouth shut about him.

I've had word done at the Saturn store on 240 when I owned one and they were way too expensive. I learned to go to local shops with a good "word of mouth" reputation. Saturns are just cars, parts aren't too much different between makes so any reputable mechanic should be able to help you out.

100% Tran's Auto Repair in Edmond on Third and Broadway. (Just off of Broadway on Third).

He is fantastic. He's done quite a few things for me and always charges a fair price. If he works half an hour, he charges me for a half an hour. He and his coworker are polite and always very nice and answer any questions you have. THey will even save the damaged part to show you what was wrong with it if you want. Number one in my book!!

Metric Motors on Broadway in Edmond is excellent. They specialize in imports and include Saturns in their areas of expertise. They are extremely well priced and do not try to scam you with unnecessary work. Brian is the service advisor who handled my work.

Deloziers near NW 63rd & Meridian (behind Pizza Hut). Very honest, capable & quick.

I haven't had a lot of work done in OKC, and I haven't built a relationship with a particular mechanic or shop, but I've had my car repaired three times at two different Firestone shops, one in Edmond, and one in Moore. They've always been honest and forthright. They may recommend extra service, but they were never pushy, and the guys I dealt with would tell me upfront if it's something I could do without. I'm not sure how prices compare, but I've never felt ripped off going there.

I do recommend that nobody buy Big O brand tires, though. I bought two tires there, and they both blew out in less than a year.

Ken's Tire and Auto.. SW 44th and Penn..

They've been pretty good over the years...

Joe

whatever u do dont take it to fleet.. my parents took there truck to fleet to get it checked out, well after they lifted the hood to check to see what the problem was, they took it for a test drive to see if they fixed it, problem wa that they forgot to close the hood all the way, the hood flew up on western and smashed the windshield, and of course damaged the hood and bent the roof a bit, they fixed it but it still has problems closing the hood.

Thanks for all the posters on this one. I need some auto work done so I will try Swanson's downtown (today). I called up there and so far they 2 people I talked with were very nice. I will let you know what I find out.

Reviving this post for anyone that may be in a similar situation...

I've always had great service from Ruedy's on 3rd st. downtown, and Todd from Downtown Automotive near 10th and Hudson.

But for our Hondas, it is always Johann's on Villa. Absolute Honda expert. Not the cheapest in town, but fair. And you definitely get what you pay for.

16. Default Re: Can anyone recommend a good mechanic?

eddie monroes on SW 29th an may

Quote Originally Posted by muzique808 View Post
    Reviving this post for anyone that may be in a similar situation...

I've always had great service from Ruedy's on 3rd st. downtown, and Todd from Downtown Automotive near 10th and Hudson.

But for our Hondas, it is always Johann's on Villa. Absolute Honda expert. Not the cheapest in town, but fair. And you definitely get what you pay for.
    Second for Todd at Downtown Automotive. He's a real technician, not a "remove and replace" artist.

Light mechanic work goes to Grady at Quick Change Oil in Edmond on Danforth.

Thread Information