Widgets Magazine

Thread: Favorite Festivals

Default Favorite Festivals

I used to take the kids to the Czech festival in Yukon, every year and we always had a great time. Sometimes we froze, depending on the year and the parking wasn't good but other than that, I liked it.

I also stumbled on the Greek festival up on the North side back in '95. In a church. I always wanted to go back because the food was wonderful.

There is the Annual Arts festival, the Paseo festival, Red Earth (which I've never been to but want to go), and the Renaissance Fair in Norman. Are there some other festivals that you like?

Default Re: Favorite Festivals

I love the Mennonite festival in Enid. They have the best cheese!

These are the ones I attend that I can think of off the top of my head:

Norman Music Festival.
    Paseo Arts Festival.
    Burger Day in El Reno.
    Groovefest in Norman.
    89er day in Choctaw.
    Woody Guthrie festival in Okemah.
    Oktoberfest in Choctaw.
    Vacant Era Film Festival.
    Czech Fest in Yukon.
    Greek Fest in Edmond.

deadCenter Film Festival - the best little indie film festival this side of Sundance!

Paseo Arts Festival
    Midsummers Night Fest in Norman

Since I grew up in Watonga, I'd have to say the Watonga Cheese Festival is my favorite, outside of the OKC and Paseo Arts Festivals.

The cheese factory got wiped out by tropical storm Erin in 2007. I know the cheese plant is closed and might get rebuilt, but they are doing the cheese festival with cheese from other areas. Its October 9th and 10th this year.

Watonga Cheese Festival, Watonga, Oklahoma, Watonga Cheese

Festival of the Arts. Does the State Fair of Oklahoma count? I love the State Fair and go multiple times every year. I like to see the Shriners and their vehicles at the Czech Festival in Yukon. Jazz in June in Norman is fun. I went to a cool music festival in Richardson, Texas in May called the Richardson Wildflower Festival. Lots of good live bands. I enjoyed the OKC Philharmonic at the 4th of July Festival in Bricktown this year. I have seen them on July 4th in Yukon in past years.

Bigray in Ok

theres an old catholic cathedral in south okc off of robinson called little flower. they host an annual festival every august. the parish is predominately latino, and the festival has great mexican food, and is known for selling confetti eggs that you can break open over someones head when you sneak up behind them.

I grew up in Watonga too!!! I even helped a few years with the Cheese Festival. It may not be the best festival in Oklahoma, but it is a good one.

Have you heard anything about the cheese factory? Are they going to re-build or is someone going to buy it. I hope so. The cheese curds are the best.

Thread Information