Widgets Magazine

Thread: KTOK on FM, kind of

Default KTOK on FM, kind of

KTOK is now simulcasting on KXXY's HD2 signal. Certainly will help with people trying to listen at night - and in environments where AM radio reception sucks.

2. Default Re: KTOK on FM, kind of

Can you listen to KTOK online? Speaking of, with most all of the big stations from Clear Channel, CBS/Infinity, Cox, Citadel, etc. streaming online across the country...why is tiny (though successful) Renda Broadcasting such a holdout? Magic, KOMA and KRXO are all no shows in streaming online. Renda is such a jerk, that partly plays a big part in it. If it won't make the quick buck, what's the point? Am I close? As long as I'm talking Renda, they should simulcast KOMA again at 1520 or at least put a "Music of Your Life" type format on the air in OKC. Think KAAM in Dallas: Big Bands, Lounge singers, Standards mixed in with Manilow, Streisand. Great 50+ format and that's a niche that isn't filled in OKC. Anything would be better than KOKC

Default Re: KTOK on FM, kind of

KTOK does have online feed however, the feeds a down today for some reason.

I remember when KRXO had an online feed but that may have been years ago before they all shut down for awhile over performance rights fees.

I think its kinda cool that they are doing this, but it leads me to wonder if they are going to drop the format of KXY (hopefully not, I been listening to KXY since I was a little child.) and replace it with KTOK programming. I know that KXY ratings have drop some in the past years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nermel View Post
    KTOK is now simulcasting on KXXY's HD2 signal. Certainly will help with people trying to listen at night - and in environments where AM radio reception sucks.
    Cool news. Thanks. KTOK AM narrowly shoots straight up I-35 at night while missing Stillwater and Enid in the process.

Interestinglly enough, last year KRMG 740 AM in Tulsa, a station like KTOK, decided to simulcast on analog FM 102.3, Tulsa-Sand Springs last year.

8. Default Re: KTOK on FM, kind of

For some reason the two radio stations I listen to most I can't listen to on line. I've tried to stream KTOK and WWLS and neither one work. I think it's the players they use. I can get KTOK on the I heart radio, and WWLS on another internet radio player, but both are silent on their webpages. I wish they would change players to ones that work for all of us.

9. Default Re: KTOK on FM, kind of

I have news. KTOK changed their online radio player to the I Heart Radio, and all I have to do is click on the "listen" button and I can hear it loud and clear. It was a nice surprise to get to hear KTOK again on line. If WWLS would do the same thing by changing players, all would be better in my world.

It depends on what I'm looking for or wanting to hear, for sports it's definitely WWLS, for news (both local and national) it's KTOK, until Mark Shannon comes on then I unplug the radio so that there's no chance of bleed through.

Soonerqueen: US Radio Stations - The Stream Center USA - Searchable directory of America's streaming local radio stations. is a very good website for finding radio stations that stream, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerQueen View Post
    I have news. KTOK changed their online radio player to the I Heart Radio, and all I have to do is click on the "listen" button and I can hear it loud and clear. It was a nice surprise to get to hear KTOK again on line. If WWLS would do the same thing by changing players, all would be better in my world.
    I doubt WWLS will do that. I believe I Heart is a product of clear channel.

Thread Information