Widgets Magazine
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bricktown Bike Bar

Bricktown3 Bricktown Bike Bar

A friend posted about this the other day and it looks like a blast: Bricktown Bike Bar Here's a photo from their facebook
    I know that they have them in cities like Austin, Minneapolis and Denver but now we have our very own here in OKC! Might be fun to do before or after a Thunder game

Default Re: Bricktown Bike Bar

No way.....

3. Default Re: Bricktown Bike Bar

Looks fun. Don't know if I'd ever do it, but I like it.

I wish they'd get those 4-seater bike/carriages for rent to pedal along the river.

They need to make a bus one of these. If I lived downtown, I would take that to work everyday.

I'd take it back home too. Public transit 101. Beer.

This is kinda cool, but probably not for me.

I think I remember a youtube video of someone leaning out a car driving by one of these and slapping everyone (a lot of ladies) on the behinds as they drove by!

Serve Starbucks on the way to work, Coop on the way home!

Some COOP on there would be awesome!

9. Default Re: Bricktown Bike Bar

How are they getting around the 'open container' statute? Is this bike considered a 'bus' or 'limousine'?

That's a good question. On their site it says "You can bring any beer that has a 3.2% ABV rating" and talks about beer from Bricktown Brewery. If they're licensed as a limo, bus or carriage though there shouldn't be any sort of problem with beer over 3.2%

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    How are they getting around the 'open container' statute? Is this bike considered a 'bus' or 'limousine'?
    Would be a good trap for the police. Let it fill up, then light up the roof.

Apparently, nobody remembers my suggestion about bringing The Pedal Pub to OKC in order to keep up with the Minneapolisians.
    (except, of course, for the guys and gals who actually did it.)

I seem to recall a lot of timid objections to the concept although it was fairly well received at the time . . . like back last summer or whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    Would be a good trap for the police. Let it fill up, then light up the roof.
    Hopefully there aren't any overzealous officers that try to mess with it as long as they are operating within the law.

I wouldn't put it past our police force. I respect what they do, but there are plenty who act like bullies.

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    Apparently, nobody remembers my suggestion about bringing The Pedal Pub to OKC in order to keep up with the Minneapolisians.
    (except, of course, for the guys and gals who actually did it.)

I seem to recall a lot of timid objections to the concept although it was fairly well received at the time . . . like back last summer or whatnot.
    What were some of those objections?

Pretty much the same ones that have appeared on this thread . . . Mostly involving various interpretations of our ancient and arcane "liquor" laws.

Since this thing is in no way a motor vehicle, and since the guy steering it isn't supposed to be drinking anything except maybe water, I don't see any relevance to the "open container" laws or why there should be any issues with serving Mojitos, Margaritias or G&Ts . . . =)

Of course, then people would be required to wear seatbelts and helmets so they can't fall off the stools and become unapproved speed bumps which could tend to crimp the festivity of the experience. I will say this: The folks on the one I saw touring downtown Minneapolis sure looked like they were having a good time. =)

Yeah I don't see any issues either that would conflict with any liquor laws. RadicalModerate maybe you should go try it out and report back! It looks like it would be loads of fun

We probably won't be going back to Minnesota until next fall . . . Oh! You meant the one in Bricktown! . . .
    I would, but I almost never get down there on account of the parking situation.
    Plus there is something about a bunch of people all pedaling together, in unison, that smacks too much of Colletivism. =)
    (just kidding)

As long as the captain doesn't steer us up the Walnut Ave bridge....I would like to try this out.

Quote Originally Posted by catch22 View Post
    As long as the captain doesn't steer us up the Walnut Ave bridge....I would like to try this out.
    I know that the pedicabs downtown avoid that bridge at all costs so I doubt that this thing would have any chance of making it up that hill haha

Quote Originally Posted by RadicalModerate View Post
    We probably won't be going back to Minnesota until next fall . . . Oh! You meant the one in Bricktown! . . .
    I would, but I almost never get down there on account of the parking situation.
    Plus there is something about a bunch of people all pedaling together, in unison, that smacks too much of Colletivism. =)
    (just kidding)
    What parking problem, are you talking about the one that's non existent?

Quote Originally Posted by rcjunkie View Post
    What parking problem, are you talking about the one that's non existent?
    Yeah. That one.
    (yet it is lame excuse for not venturing down to Bricktown and trying out one of the coolest things ever. i hope nobody draws a gun--rather than a beer--to encourage slackers to pedal harder. =)

BTW: The Bricktown Bike Bar isn't quite as . . . "decorated?" . . . as the one up in the cities. But that's OK.
    (and thanks for not ribbing me about my misspelling of Collectivism, above =)

23. Default Re: Bricktown Bike Bar

While heading into the PBR at the Chesapeake arena this afternoon, I saw this bike bar going by in front of the arena. A bunch of people on it peddling away into Bricktown. Looked like they were having a good time. Bike's kinda plain looking though.

Quote Originally Posted by BBatesokc View Post
    While heading into the PBR at the Chesapeake arena this afternoon, I saw this bike bar going by in front of the arena. A bunch of people on it peddling away into Bricktown. Looked like they were having a good time. Bike's kinda plain looking though.
    Behold! The Past of The Future!

Now look at what I saw in real life (or a reasonable fascimile thereof):

(again: a tip o' the hat to the local visionaries who at least had the gumption to actually DO something in this connection--.
    she-eet: jist decorate it with a friggin' oil well statue or some cowhorns or sumpin' . . . a loud train horn might be nice . . . =)

One of those guys on the pedal pub (the second video) is pedalling BACKWARDS!?!?! is he being held against his will? or demonstrating against the will of the others?
    Cool concept (the pedal pub -- not the backwards pedalling).

Thread Information