Widgets Magazine

Thread: Las Vegas Fontainebleau

1. Default Las Vegas Fontainebleau

Fontainebleau goes on the market — asking price $650M

Fontainebleau goes on the market ? asking price $650M | Las Vegas Review-Journal

Couldn't find an appropriate thread for this so I started a new one. Anyone who has been to Vegas has seen this thing sit empty for a while now.

From people who I have talked to out there they are split on whether it should be torn down or refurbished. I had also heard that most of the electric wiring is already out of code and will need a complete gut job. Also, it has been a bird sanctuary for 7 years as well and that all floors will have to be decontaminated.

Its really ugly and awkward so I am undecided. I wonder how much it would be to tear down.

Default Re: Las Vegas Fontainebleau

Glad to see it's finally on the market. If it sells for $650M, Icahn will have made about $500M on the deal.

Looking forward to seeing the north end of the Strip come back to life. Hope it continues.

I've heard Wynn--of all people--may actually be a suitor for the property. Maybe he has one last landmark left in him.

Awesome. Always kinda bummed me out to see it just sitting there. It's also the 2nd tallest building in Vegas and its basically a concrete glass box.

Also love him or hate him Carl Ichan is an absolute genius.

The land alone is worth $200 million and he sold off all the furnishings and scrap, numbers aren't solid but looks like he got around $200 million. So he's already book a $50 million dollar profit and if he gets full ask he'll make another 650 million.

Plaza gets Strip stuff at downtown prices - Las Vegas Sun News
    The History of The Demise of Fontainebleau Las Vegas | Estimated $1 to 1.5 Billion to Complete | Purchased by Corporate Raider and Financier Carl Icahn - Las Vegas Events, Information, and ReviewsLas Vegas Events, Information, and Reviews

nm

Thread Information